The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom

Go down 
AuthorMessage

WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom   WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 am

Full Name: Sorn Daichi
Element: Earth
Birthplace: Si Wong Desert Border
Position: None

Personality:

Sorn is aggressive, spiritual and stubborn. Though he is a bender he has trouble performing technics in designed to move lots of material. He is convinced his spirit is not one with the earth, and that he will find his true calling someday. Until he does, Sorn uses his extreme focus to try and develop a different style of earth bending, on not requiring the Style and movements of an "Ox". If someone does get past his cold personality, they find he loves things of beauty and when not training, he expends vast amounts of time to try and find places of beauty. From the thin mists at the base of a waterfall, to the vast expanse of the harsh desert...

The sands blew like a fine mist over the crest of the overlooking dunes, the sunrise catching the spilling sands like a crimson waterfall off of the edge of the earth. From there, the place he stood the edge of the dune was the edge before the sky. A blurred line of falling sands being the only differences between earth and the stars, making it possible to believe that a single step would allow a hand to touch shining the celestial bodies above. The sky was still a dark blue on the far side and blended into a molten orange on the other. His back to the sun he could feel its rays of heat caressing his bare shoulders as it lite across his back. His skin was lightly tanned from the suns kiss, though still silky as he spread his arms wide to accept the coming day, breathing in the cool air, feeling the morning light. He loved this time. This relaxing moment before the desert tempted mortal flesh with death and the night seemed to prey upon the blind. It was a moment that one could be truly vulnerable, guard lowered and body and soul open to the stars, as they faded from the canvass of the sky. He stood torso bare to the calm, soft wind. How could he know! In no way could on be sure to be able to feel this peace again. The days came and went as they always do, bringing uncertainty and new threats into his life. Into every ones lives. What if he never felt this again? So he embraced it, vowing to never forget the moment of dawn, the peace before the sun...

In battle Sorn attacks in an almost animalistic manner, using his martal skill, combine with focused bending to achieve a fearsome effect. His fighting furiousity often leaves the opponent no choice but to focus on him or be overwhelmed, leaving __________ the chance to find the openings needed to finish the job. With or without backup Sorn strength in combat lays with how close he can get to the opponent, often having his attacks and other necessary movements look much like a lethal dance. Sorn's spiritual nature may be difficult to percieve unless extended time is spent in his company. If company becomes acquainted enough for Sorn to share, he believes the greatest beauties are those that can not be understood, cant be seen by the eyes of most. His ultimate goal is to be able to take a journey into the realm of spirits to see what answers lay on the other side, just out of reach...

"She was a beauty that could not truly be seen as anything more then a misty reflection in the mirror of the night. Her skin, smooth as silk and eyes a piercing blue only comparable to the deepest seas. Though her face was covered by a glass mask, she radiated perfection, and when she spoke, a chest would ache in longing, wanting nothing more then to be able to hear. Her breath was a breeze from someplace far from home, where we stood in the dark together waiting for dawn in a forced silence. When the sun crest the dune... She was gone, leaving behind only the memory of her to drive me to achieve greatness."

Abilities:

As an Earth bender Sorn is supposed to hold a rigid discipline, a strong stance and have the stubborn power of stone. However, though he holds the gift to feel the earth, move the stone, he feels far from one with it, as many benders claim. He hates the rigid, inflexible nature of his bending and strives to find his true calling, for he knows he is not to be just an earth bender. Sand bending is easier for him, fluidity just an aspect that he grasps with much more ease. When asked about bending, he responds negatively, saying that the things he moves, are dead, not what he was meant to move, to be one with.

"Rocks are dead, and sand is just a smaller versions of the same thing. I hear of benders who move mountains with there rigid forms, and strong abilities. What I do is a near shadow of bending, Casting me into the general populace of benders, never having "the discipline" to achieve greatness. But the earth has so much more to offer me... Not these lifeless rocks that only erode. Not flames, short lived bursts of power that die before truly living. The only thing close is water, its beauty out of my grasps and understanding. No no no. I seek the power of earth... The beauty of water, the edge of flames, and the soul of air. I seek the soul of earth bending... I seek the beauty of bending I know is there... Somewhere"

Sorn has trained hard on himself, knowing he will find his true calling only after achieving a control over his body. He trains on flexibility, making him acrobatic and agile. Though he is unable to bend anywhere near as much earth as standard Earth benders he instead focuses on making small and powerful additions to his combat style, usually using bending to assist movement and protecting himself from attacks. His most noted technique is covering his hands in a crushed earth, forming thin strong blades on the end of each finger and a round extremely hard protective palm stone to help him block a blades cut.

Appearance: (60)

History: (120)

**OPTIONAL** A sample from an old Forum Sample RP:
Spoiler:

Character Box:

Sorn Daichi

Sorn nodded once before turning. As he walked away a mist formed around him before he was swallowed from sight.

Mood: Impatient
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom   WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:41 am

This was looking so promising...

Rejected for inactivity...
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

WIP Sorn Daichi~Earth Kingdom
Page 1 of 1