The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Earth Kingdom Ambassador

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talkato
Talkato

EXP : 775

Character Description
Position: Royal Advisor to Her Majesty
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Earth Kingdom Ambassador Empty
PostSubject: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Talkato

Talkato couldn't believe he made it this far. The last thing he knew he was graduating from Ba Sing Se University with a degree for Political science, and now he was being shipped to the Northern Water Tribe as an Earth Kingdom Ambassador. He was meeting with the Northern Water Tribe's chief Kanoei, It was a true honor. How often do you meet a great and powerful leader? Not often. Talkato was most excited to see the city, he heard many tales. One was about a Spirit Oasis, could it be possible for there to be a lush and warm garden in the middle of the North Pole? Talkato was very curious about it, but he had to be mature and serious, not time for questions. After all it was a very important job, he couldn't mess up now for all these years.
Talkato now saw the vast city of the Northern Water Tribe, the sun glistened and sparkled on the icy structures. The boat would soon dock and he would meet the Northern Water Tribe chief, Talkato never actually met the chief but he heard many fascinating stories about him. Talkato now saw the great wall of ice and the ice gate that he would soon be entering.
The ice gates opened and he and the ship with a few Waterbenders entered the beautiful city, this was his time to proof that he would be a great help to Kanoei the chief of the great Northern Water Tribe.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Last edited by Talkato on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 pm

"Anything else?" Kano asked, sorting through his papers as he sat at his desk. His grandfather and the other ministers were gathered in the office off the Throne Hall. He'd taken to using it for the daily meetings for its' convenience, one of which was running close to conclusion that very moment.

"We're expecting the Earth Queen's ambassador quite soon." his grandfather, Hakano said.

"What do we know about him?" Kano asked.

"A political scholar at Ba Sing Se University until more recently." Hakano said, handing Kano a scroll his assistant provided. "I hear tell that he's the trustworthy sort, but you never can know for sure with these politicians. They'll do anything to elevate their stations."

"Oh, really?" Kano smiled, looking up at his grandfather, a life-long political player and current Prime Minister of the Northern Water Tribe. "I hadn't heard that."

His grandfather chuckled. A few moments later, an officer entered the office, knocking on the surface of the small wooden table just inside and to the left of the door.

"Yes, Lieutenant?" Kano asked, looking up.

"The Ambassador of the Earth Kingdom has arrived." the Lieutenant said.

"Very well." Kano nodded, looking back down at his papers. "Have him wait in the Throne Hall and tell him I'll be with him in a few moments."

With a nod, the Lieutenant left. Kano exchanged a quick look with his grandfather. This was going to be interesting at the very least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:12 am

Talkato

Talkato certainly was nervous, after all he was meeting with a wise and powerful leader. He worried that he would mess up and set up a bad example for the Earth Kingdom. It was to far to go back now, he would at least try and get through this meeting. Talkato stepped out the boat wearing the Earth Kingdoms traditional clothes, he smoothed his black hair which he noticed was turning grey into a top-knot. If he was going to represent the Earth Kingdom he had to at least look nice. Talkato then waited for a staff member of the Royal Palace of some sort, which soon arrived. His guide told him to follow him into the Royal Northern Water Tribe Palace, which he did without hesitation. They soon arrived in the Throne Room and he waited for the arrival of the Chief, while Talkato waited he noticed the beauty of it. Much more different than the Earth Kingdom, but he would have to get used to it because Talkato had the confidence that he would be back again.

Link:

Last edited by Talkato on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am

"No, no." Kano said, shaking his head at Minister Jadak's proposal as he stood from his desk. "Tell Brok that I won't have him building those monstrous death machines. I don't shy away from battle, but I'm not about to start supporting projects designed to let us more effectively perpetrate mass murder. We have the tools we need to get the job done. Let's be happy with what we have."

"Still, tanks like these could significantly reduce our losses..." Minister Jadak said slowly.

"Yes, and significantly increase Fire Nation fatalities." Kano said. "I want this war concluded with a minimum of bloodshed, Minister. We have to live with these people after all is said and done. It'd be nice if they didn't consider us to be heartless, genocidal maniacs, wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes, well..." Minister Jadak said, pursing his lips. "I still say the tactical advantage is worth it..."

"And when you are chief, you may feel free to approve the project." Kano nodded curtly. "Until then... No."

Jadak looked like he wanted to argue further, but at a glance from Hakano, he dropped the subject and nodded, turning to leave with the other ministers. Kano's grandfather lingered. Kano looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you think I made the wrong decision..." he said slowly. The elder looked around at him with a grin.

"You know, I think I owe your mother a good bit of gold." Hakano said.

"Oh? Why's that?" Kano asked.

"Because I think you just lost me the bet about how good a chief you'd prove to be." Hakano chuckled. "She bet in your favor, you know?"

"And you bet against me?!" Kano said incredulously, his brow furrowing.

"Call it good sportsmanship." Hakano said. "I've always been a sucker for a good gambol, especially when the odds are stacked against me."

"What kind of odds?"

"She gave me seven-hundred to one." Hakano said, shaking his head. "Regardless, you've impressed me with all you've been doing, Noei. I figured it was high time I told you that. Especially since you kicked that idiot Jadak in the teeth."

And with that, he turned from the room, chuckling to himself.

Kano spent a few more moments in the office straightening out the paperwork and then headed out the door into the Throne Hall. There, standing in the middle of the room, was what he didn't have to stretch to guess was the new Earth Kingdom ambassador.

"Mr. Ambassador." he said, descending down the few steps lining the edge of the Petitioner's Arena, the lowest point in the Throne Hall where the ambassador now stood. "Welcome to the Northern Water Tribe. I trust your journey was comfortable?"
Back to top Go down
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Talkato

After waiting a while Talkato started sweating furiously. He noticed, but couldn't stop. Talkato was just to nervous, he had to get a grip on things before everything fell apart. His heartbeat started racing but after a few minutes he assured himself that everything would be just fine, to make things better he started thinking about his wonderful home, Ba Sing Se. Talkato thought about it as a architectural wonderland, with a vibrant history. His heartbeat slowed down he stopped sweating and he admired the Throne Room was again, he was tempted to place his hands on the beautiful ice walls and he couldn't resist it. Talkato rubbed his hands on the ice, cold and refreshing he liked it. Talkato soon heard footsteps and quickly stepped back into place, it was the Chief of the Northern Water Tribe. Unsure of what to do for a brief second he bowed and said, "It's a honor to meet you sir, forgive me if I was out of place."
Talkato was to stunned to answer the Chief's question, but he got it into place, "A very wonderful journey, I enjoyed the scenery most." Talkato figured out he would have to show respect to the Chief at all times, he wanted the Chief's trust no matter what. To start things off he said, "I'm Talkato, the Ambassador as you may know. I'm here to serve my duty to represent the Earth Kingdom." He got up on his feet and approached to shake hands, again not sure what to do. For a moment he was excited on what the day had planned for them.

Link:

[i]

Last edited by Talkato on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 am

"Relax, Ambassador," Kano chuckled, shaking the man's hand. "We don't normally stand on excessive ceremony here. This isn't Ba Sing Se, as I'm more than sure you've noticed."

He chuckled a bit more as he turned and led the way up the stairs bordering the room and back into his office, gesturing for the ambassador to follow. He didn't like milling around the Throne Hall when there was one on one conversation at hand. It wasn't a comfortable place and Talkato looked the sort who would enjoy the antique Earth Kingdom furniture of the office more than the icy columns and crushing grandeur of the Hall.

Once they entered the office, Kano gestured for Talkato to take a seat at one of the luxurious chairs standing in front of the fireplace. He headed over to the bar in the corner and began preparing some tea. It wasn't anything special, but it was a fine blend. As he worked, he gave a sharp whistle. A moment later, a blast of fire shot up through the grate underneath the wood stacked in the hearth and set the stack ablaze. He turned back.

"I hope you enjoy your teas, Ambassador." he said, offering the man one of the cups full of perfectly brewed amber tea. "You won't have a single meeting with me that doesn't include it. Now, this is a Fire Nation blend, but I'm sure you can agree that just because we're at war with someone doesn't mean we should swear off what they've given to the world. Personally, I think that the best way to guarantee that bad feelings don't linger after a fight is to appreciate one's enemy during it..."
Back to top Go down
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Talkato

"Ah yes, in Ba Sing Se our culture is rich. I must say though this city truly impresses me." Talkato said with a sophisticated voice. He was truly embarrassed that the great Chief noticed how shaky he was, but he rubbed it off. That was the least of his worries.
Talkato quickly followed the Chief without hesitation, he admired that the Chief knew what he was doing, hopefully he would learn from the great Chief. Talkato stopped right in his tracks when he saw the office, he stared in awe for a few seconds. He then noticed that he was motionless and quickly sat in the comfortable chair that the Chief gestured for him to take a seat in. This wasn't a bad place, he might be homesick for a few days but he would quickly get over it. Talkato was quite grateful that the Chief himself was preparing him tea, but the more impressive part was the fire. Just a whistle and fire shot into the hearth warming the teas. "Thank you, but I must tell you that I have strong feelings about the Fire Nation. Although I obviously won't bring my personal feelings about them in meetings, I must tell you I have a strong hatred for them. They may make splendid teas but they once penetrated Ba Sing Se's great wall and ruined thousands of lives, how they did it you might ask? They acted to be people they were not, nobody noticed and we got taken over from the inside out. The White Lotus may have saved Ba Sing Se, but that attack will always leave a scar in Ba Sing Se's history. To sum everything up I believe that they are liars that have many secrets that have not been told. Look at Fire Lord Novai for example, he violated your treaty. I believe all Fire Nation will always be the same, and will never change. Please know that I will be fair and reasonable though in meetings." Talkato hoped that the Chief would understand his opinion, but he had no way to be sure. Talkato quietly drank the tea staring blankly into space.

Link:

[i]

Last edited by Talkato on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:00 am

Kano listened as the Ambassador spoke, his face neutral. Once he had concluded, Kano nodded slowly.

"Well, I am well aware of the history between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom." he said slowly. "But understand that your people were not the only ones devastated by the Hundred Years' War. This very city was ransacked by the Fire Nation. Many of my people died. However, you are now a public figure here in the North. Your words carry weight. What you say to your superiors and, indeed, to those around you here will influence them all. And I will not stand for any unnecessary inflammation of this conflict. So I must ask you to never speak of your... distaste for the Fire Nation inside the walls of this city again. We are fighting to liberate the Fire Nation and eliminate the threat it poses to the Alliance nations, not to conquer it. And so long as I am chief, I will not allow nationalism to influence my fights."

He sighed, leaning back in his seat and crossing his legs as he sipped his tea. He placed it down on the table at his right hand when he was done and looked back up at Ambassador Talkato.

"Believe me, I understand your sentiments on this matter." he said finally. "However, if you take issue with my request, I will have no choice but to ask Earth Queen Meili to replace you with someone who is willing to look past their personal feelings and understand what is for the greater good. Hatred is all well and good until it starts causing bloodshed. I will not allow it to spread under my rule."
Back to top Go down
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Talkato

Talkato was completely baffled, he got carried away with his feelings and didn't even notice. He felt like he was falling apart piece by piece. Talkato listened thoughtfully to the Chief, but he sounded hostile the whole time. "Kanoei, under all circumstances I would never do that. You're right, I just thought you should know what I felt about them."
If anything the great chief Kanoei was right, he has far more experience than Talkato, but Talkato still had something that just had to come out. He thought of it as a opinion and a opportunity for the Chief to understand on how serious things could get with the Earth Kingdom. "Everyone suffered from the Fire Nation Kanoei, you know that people will go against your decisions no matter what, it's my decision to vote what's best for the nation of the Earth Kingdom. Just like the Fire Nation destroyed their homes and ruined their lives they're going to want more than just eliminating the threat. You know the Fire Nation conquered many people's homes and especially in the Earth Kingdom. People will not always be humble Kanoei, they will want revenge." It was hard to say that in front of the Chief, but this is what they did. They had to solve solutions and predict threats, Talkato never felt stronger saying that, but he also hoped the Chief would understand that it might possibly happen. "Forgive me if I said or did the wrong things, I truly respect you. You're like a role model to me."
Talkato's eyes burned into Kanoei as he said this, he wasn't exactly going against about what Kanoei said. After all it was true, people looked up and listened to political figures. It would be to much of a risk to start a rebellion or even worse. Talkato just thought opinions were very strong and changed many things. He made it this far and he wasn't going back, Talkato would obey Kanoei at all costs. Even if it wasn't something he liked.

Link:

[i]

Last edited by Talkato on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

EXP : 378

Character Description
Position: Earth Kingdom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Commander Star

To cool things off a bit, the door opened, interupting the talk. Commander Star walked in. She was the nice, always happy Commander. In combat, she was known to pull off amazing strategies. Socially, she was known as the only waterbender among important Earth Kingdom personel.

She walked into the room and invited herself to a seat.

"I apologize for being late, I had to help somebody find their daughter." She said with a giggle at the end.

She didn't care to introduce herself. Talkato already knew her, and she was in her little happy world.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 am

Kano listened to Talkato with raised brow and was just about to answer when another figured walked into the room uninvited. He watched her take her seat with a great deal of confusion. With a quick glance between the Ambassador and the new arrival, her focused his attention on her.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" he said. This was highly irregular. One did not simply invite one's self into a meeting between a world leader and a foreign dignitary. "And why, exactly are you here?"

He looked around at Talkato for answers. They seemed somewhat familiar with one another from the outset and he figured she must have been part of his entourage from the Earth Kingdom. It was a guess, true, but one which seemed to fit given that she obviously felt she was supposed to be there...
Back to top Go down
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 am

Talkato

Talkato's face turned bright red when Commander Star walked right through the door. Who did she think she was walking through that door uninvited cutting off what Kanoei was about to say? He gave a quick angry glare at Commander Star and spoke, "Ah my apologies Kanoei. Commander Star! Welcome to the Northern Water Tribe, you made it just in time." He would have to pull her aside soon or they wouldn't be here much longer.
It wasn't a wise choice to act like that in front of great leaders, he wondered if she knew what she did wrong. They had to set a good example for the Earth Kingdom or else Kanoei would think a bad impression of them. It was the matter of being disrespectful, Talkato would make Commander Star apologize to Kanoei for her behavior later. Right now, they had business to attend to.

Link:

[i]
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Commander Star

Star giggled at the seriousness in the faces of both Kanoei and of the Ambassador.

"I'm Commander Star!" she said to Kanoei "Military Representative for the Earth Kingdom!". "I'm here to make sure plans go securely with all military and other efforts. Also incase any forces need to be prepared to exists with political actions.".

She was the type of person to make herself comfortable wherever she was. She knew her position in the world, and being infront of a world leader wasn't so unusual to her. The other two seem to be confused as to why her actions were so informal.

"Continue with the discussion before my entrance.".

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 pm

"Well, Commander Star," Kano said, intertwining his fingers. "I don't know you. And I wasn't expecting any military advisers from the Earth Kingdom or any other nation for that matter. I'm not in the habit of discussing the affairs of state with random officers of whom I know nothing."

He gave a sharp, quick whistle which shifted through a few tones and a pair of guards appeared in the doorway instantly. They stood ready in the door for his order. He turned his attention back to the commander, an eyebrow raised.

"I'm sure you're a fine officer. The Ambassador, at least, seems to know you. But I do not conduct myself on the basis of hear-say trust. If you're here to act as an adviser on behalf of the Earth Kingdom, then you will act out of the Earth Kingdom Embassy as an aide to the Ambassador. For the moment, Admiral Koda is our go-between on all matters involving Alliance joint military efforts. If you have something you need to discuss, you may direct your inquiries to her. Otherwise... I must ask you to excuse yourself, Commander."

(OOC: Sorry. I don't see any way that Kano wouldn't essentially kick her out.)
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 am

Star listened as the young Chief requested Commander Star's exit.

She laughed for a small moment, "I do admire you, Wolf-King. However, you are a young and short-lived Chief, which allows my impression of you to be naive, supported by your words. It appears you have failed to look further into reasoning of my arrival and you have underestimated my position. I hold the revered rank of Force Commander of the Earth Kingdom. I am no simpleton. For fourty-years I have lived, mastering the art of waterbending. I hold 4-stars upon my insignia, putting my power on par with the great Tiger General, whom you must have heard of. And to call me a random officer...that is simply downing me."

"You must realize I command the entire Warband of the E.K, positioning me in a peak military rank. I hold the highest position, and I am authorized to take part in this meeting by my Queen."
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 am

Kano drew a deep sigh.

"Lieutenant." he said, looking around at one of the guards.

"Yes, Chief?" said the one on the left, stepping forward.

"Retrieve the Prime Minister immediately." Kano said simply. The Lieutenant nodded and turned, marching off without delay. Another guard stepped in to replace him immediately. Kano turned his attention back to Commander Star.

"Commander," he said, leaning back in his seat. "I don't know where you think you are, but this is not the court of the Earth Queen. Your authority and station mean very little to me, not because I don't understand them but because they don't exist here. This is the Northern Water Tribe. Your... position does not transcend our border, alliance or no. I do not know you. I do not trust you. And until Meili sends me some proof of your responsibilities here, I don't care what you claim to be so. So far, you have overstepped your station simply entering this room without my permission. I don't know how they do it in the Earth Kingdom's palace, but an officer of a foreign military does not walk into the presence of the Chief of the North uninvited. Your disrespect for our protocol is enough for me to have no care for your business here..."
Back to top Go down
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:26 am

Talkato

Talkato had been listening intently to both of them for a while, and he thought that this was the time to step in.
He took a deep breathe and spoke, "Chief Kanoei, with all due respect the Earth Queen herself sent us as a duo. Sure she might be a little off in making an entrance or her respect, but I'm sure she will get it together." Talkato gave Star a dirty look while saying this.
After his little speech he gave nervous glances both between Star and Kanoei, was it too much? He knew the conversation was just going way too far, he had to stop it somehow. He moved his cold tea around his cup while staring at Kanoei. There was always a solution to every problem, even though Kanoei was a legendary chief they were both acting like children. Kanoei was threatning her the whole time, and Star was doing the same as well. Sure Star was doing the wrong thing but Kanoei should just give her a break to move on with their business, but now they had to stop everything they were doing and waste time to deal this situation. Talkato has only been here one day and there was still problems, this wasn't even a problem they were supposed to be dealing with. "Kanoei no proof from Meili is necessary, please take my word from it. I want to move on from this rough start and begin what we came here to do, discuss political problems. Not problems that we don't need to deal with."
Talkato was especially disappointed with Kanoei, him above all people should ignore what she did and move on with there lives. Talkato wondered what else the day had planned for them.

Link:

Last edited by Talkato on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:35 am

Kano sighed.

"Ambassador. I appreciate that you are attempting to keep the peace, but this woman comes into my city, invites herself into my presence, and proceeds to insult me." he said in a level albeit weary voice. "In the North, we call very rude, indeed. I need to know that those who are going to serve in our waters are going to respect our traditions and the way we do things here. Anyone who is not willing to do that has no business in the North. I'm sure you can appreciate that if this is a taste of what is to come... I am not interested. I have time for neither the headache nor the complications."

The guards at the door made way and an elderly man carry with a cane entered. He was closely followed by a rather gorgeous young woman.

"What's all this?" Kano's grandfather said slowly, looking around. He didn't seem at all perturbed by the situation and Kano knew he was already fully apprised. The old man was the consummate diplomat. Nakkoa, the young woman who had followed him in, moved silently around behind Kano's desk, keeping a close eye on Star.
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Star sighed and looked down. She looked back up and at Kanoei.

"Please excuse my rudeness, Chief, I did not mean to insult you. We have business to attend to, all of us, so we should start."

She was saying this in order to start the discussion, as it was far more important than personal affairs. She also was curious as to why he repeatedly said that she had invited herself, it's not as if she chose to just show up at the Tribe and walk in.

"So if you could forgive my faults and let us all deal with important business."

She wasn't a child, she knew that they needed to discuss. Though she didn't believe that she had insulted him, she knew he didn't take being thought of as naive lightly.

She remained curious as to why it was taken so offensively for her to show up at a meeting, perhaps Kanoei never received word that a military representative was to show up at the meeting with the Ambassador?
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:25 pm

"I've been informed of the events that transpired." Hakano said, nodding. "Commander Star. I know you by reputation. However, you must understand that in the North, one does not enter a room inhabited by the Chief unless the chief himself gives expressed permission to do so. And it was my understanding that Chief Kanoei wanted to come to a more... personal understanding of Ambassador Talkato. An assessment, I'm afraid to say, you rather abruptly interrupted."

"Well said." Kano nodded slowly, keeping his eyes trained on the Ambassador and Commander Star.

"I know my grandson, Commander." Hakano continued. "He does not take to presumption with much fondness. Your orders from the Earth Queen notwithstanding, we were not notified of your arrival or membership in Ambassador Talkato's entourage. No doubt he finds your casual entrance more than a little frustrating, as I would in his place. If you will forgive my offering such, my Chief."

He bowed slightly to Kano. That still made him more than a bit uncomfortable. But Kano nodded nonetheless.

"Now, then." Hakano said, gesturing toward Nakkoa. "May I present Captain Nakkoa of the Water Tribe Fleet. She is daughter to Admiral Koda and at the moment, she is the chief officer representative of the Admiral's command here in the palace. I have asked her to join us in these little discussions. With your allowance, of course, Chief Kanoei."

Again, Kano nodded. He was somewhat happy to have some other representatives of the tribe in the room. Nakkoa moved around the table and took the seat next to Kano, opposite Commander Star. Hakano, meanwhile, seated himself in a chair brought in by one of the guards from a side door. It placed him facing the hearth, sitting at the opposite end of the corridor formed by the other four in their seats.

"To business." Hakano said once all were situated. "Ambassador... I trust you are aware of the terms of the Treaty of the Western Air Temple?"

(OOC: Nakkoa will be gone for the about a week or two and she gave me permission to use her character as an NPC while she's gone for the purposes of this thread. The Alliance treaty can be found here: TREATY)
Back to top Go down
Talkato
Talkato

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Talkato

Talkato admired that Commander Star apologized and pointed out what she did wrong, now they could leave this nonsense behind. He smiled at her signaling that she did the right thing.
Talkato was caught off guard when an ancient man entered the room along with a younger woman. Talkato was slightly confused, many people were entering the room on which he did not know. He presumed the ancient man was another government offical like every other person in the room, he was clueless on whom the the woman was, but soon enough Kanoei would introduce us to them. The ancient man began to speak to Commander Star, he was very reasonable and his words were rise. Talkato was surprised when he finally found out who the young woman was, Nakkoa, the captain of the Northern Water Tribe's fleet. Talkato had the feeling that many more people were going to be joining the conversation, or that's what he thought. Talkato looked back and forth between Nakkoa and Hakano, they were obviously very important people in the Northern Water Tribe so both he and Star had to set a good example which wasn't going to be easy for him, because these were people with experience. Talkato was quite happy when Hakano wanted to begin what they came here for, especially when he brought up the Treaty Of The Western Air Temple. He learned about treaty in Ba Sing Se University. "Absolutely, wise of the nations to team up like that." Talkato hoped he would impress Hakano with his words.

Link:

Last edited by Talkato on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 pm

"Hm." Hakano said, nodding slowly.

"Apologies." Kano said, holding up a hand to stop his grandfather from continuing. "Given the situation, I forgot the introductions. This is Prime Minister Hakano, Head of the Aowaka Clan and my grandfather. As he said. This is Nakkoa." he gestured to her sitting next to him. "Cousin to myself."

"Ah, yes." Hakano nodded slowly once more. "I do have the troubling habit of forgetting my manners in that way. You will have to forgive me, Ambassador. It has been a great long time since I met anyone who was not aware of who I am and what position I hold. But yes. The treaty defines three terms specifically, all pertaining specifically and exclusively to battle. On land, the Earth Kingdom has command. In the skies, the Air Nomands command. And finally, on the seas, the Water Tribes do.

"In this case, the most pressing of these three is the last. Commander Star. I understand you are the commanding officer of the General Army of the Earth Kingdom. Are we to expect General Yu as well?"

Kano thumb twitched at the sound of the name, but otherwise he hid his emotions toward Yu masterfully. He waited for Star's answer nonetheless, though, with interest.

Last edited by Kanoei on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Star was happy that to conflict between her and Kanoei had come to an stop. After being introduced to the Chief's family members, who were also powers of the Tribe, she was spoke to by Hakano.

"Unfortunately, the Tiger General Yu, will not be present. While I do lead the general army, she leads the Kyoshi Legion - a far more elite group. She is busy with the training and business of the Kyoshi.".

"Hakano, as the most elder of us all. Perhaps you should give us an introduction of yourself first." she smiled at him as if trying to be respectful to him and his age.

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:18 pm

"I think Chief Kanoei's introduction was more than adequate." Hakano said with a faint smile. "I'm not one for expounding upon my own titles. Suffice it to say, I act as leader in the North whenever the chief cannot."

"Commander Star." Kano said, leaning back in his seat. "What exactly is your function here? I assume as a military representative, you are interested in something to do with the status of the Alliance's available military might? There have no notable engagements between Alliance and Fire Nation forces since the Battle of the Western Air Temple a month ago. The Alliance council has yet to convene on the issue of our next engagement. We're still consolidating our forces into a viable chain of command..."

"I'm sure this has something to do with that very effort, Chief Kanoei." Hakano said. "The Commander's ground forces will, after all, rely upon the efforts of the Alliance Joint Navy for transport into the Fire Isles when the time comes..."
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:19 pm

"You are correct." She nodded to Kanoei, and then to Hakano, "I am simply here to function as the military equivalent to the political Talkato. He will provide input for any Earth Kingdom political actions, I will do the same for any EK military.".

"However, as stated by Hakano, the current meeting is to get a more personal understanding of each other.".

She waited for somebody to start explaining about themself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador Empty

Back to top Go down

Earth Kingdom Ambassador
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next