The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Missing family and political scandals. Please read!

Go down 
+3
Tei Kaze
Sanaki
Novai
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:34 pm

I think Lei just did it to flaunt his strength, and cause some trouble.

As far as the Fire Nation is concerned all were going to war for is, to take advantage of the rage of the Water Tribes and take over Omashu and parts of the mainland. I'm sorta planning Novai to be a good guy in the beginning but then turn bad somewhere at the end.
Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

EXP : 538

Character Description
Position: Southern Water tribe chief
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:21 pm

I'd also like to get involved in this i have nothing else to do anyways. Also i could possibly take the position of the southern water tribes chief.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Fire Lord Novai wrote:

As far as the Fire Nation is concerned all were going to war for is, to take advantage of the rage of the Water Tribes and take over Omashu and parts of the mainland. I'm sorta planning Novai to be a good guy in the beginning but then turn bad somewhere at the end.

for Meili, it's more about pride. She knows it would be better to try and make restitution to the Water Tribes and avoid a war, but she's got Earth Kingdom Pride all the way through.
She knows what's good and what isn't, but for her it's more a matter of her pride, and her willingness to do anything necessary to keep the Earth Kingdom strong.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Meili wrote:
Fire Lord Novai wrote:

for Meili, it's more about pride. She knows it would be better to try and make restitution to the Water Tribes and avoid a war, but she's got Earth Kingdom Pride all the way through.
She knows what's good and what isn't, but for her it's more a matter of her pride, and her willingness to do anything necessary to keep the Earth Kingdom strong.

I understand where your coming from, Lei flaunted his bending skills in a way to show off the might of the Earth Kingdom, so if you did try restitution on behalf of the Earth Kingdom, it would look like the EK doesn't want to get screwed over by the Tribes. Thus EK honor would be lost and so you have to keep your position stable by maintaining hostility towards the Tribes.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

or are you just trying to sow seeds of doubt? xD

luckily for the sake of the war, Meili's gonna get into some deep shiz to keep things running the way they are. The 55th Earth Queen is not going to be the one that loses her country to the hands of her enemies.
and that may end up making some interesting things happen as she fights to keep the Earth Kingdom from falling apart--and as she looks for ways to do the same to the Fire Nation and Water Tribes.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

kanaryu wrote:
I'd also like to get involved in this i have nothing else to do anyways. Also i could possibly take the position of the southern water tribes chief.

That would be a great idea, as long as your active you could easily fit into the Storyline. Your role in fact may be pivotal, since your predecessor was murdered, you would want revenge unless you planned it with the EK in order to gain power over the tribe.
Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:59 pm

I will be active with the holidays ending and what not. I will most likely want revenge that sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:04 pm

kanaryu wrote:
I will be active with the holidays ending and what not. I will most likely want revenge that sounds good to me.

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:07 pm

kanaryu wrote:
you should have some type of scandal, like you plotted with the Earth kingdom to have them help kill off the old chief so you could rise to power.

and then we could do many dastardly things across the world.

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Meili wrote:
kanaryu wrote:
you should have some type of scandal, like you plotted with the Earth kingdom to have them help kill off the old chief so you could rise to power.

and then we could do many dastardly things across the world.

Or we could further divide the nations, The Southern Water Tribe and the EK teamed up, the Northern Water Tribe and the FN teamed up. The Air Nomads are under civil war so the Western and Southern Temples sided with the Fire Nation and the Northern and Eastern Temples sided with the EK.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 pm

that... would actually be really, really cool. give each side a taste of one of the other nations. I'm up for that idea.

although I've been reading things that only like two or three of the Air Temples were actually inhabited. if so, which ones are and which ones aren't?
Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm okay with any which ever would work out best.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:01 pm

All Air Temples are inhabited now, but the Northern one is still filled with those fake benders.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 pm

does it have airbenders too though?
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:37 pm

The Northern Air Temple has mechanists, not airbenders, they specialize in making tanks and stuff like that. Weird inventions like Sakka used to.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 pm

roger roger.

so... I need an idea of how the succession story goes. If Meili becoming Lei's successor becomes a canonical part of this site's storyline, then I suppose I need to coordinate with the staff here or something to make sure that whatever story we decide goes down, that it fits in with all the rest of the plot that's going on everywhere else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Mei, if you would like - why not be a sister? Xue's father is from the Earth Kingdom, and he could have all ready have died. If Mei is Xue's sister it would be less complicated for our character's histories. The Earth King could have been Xue's father still, but is now dead.

Question: What needs to be done to get the ball rolling with the plot? Should I just have Xue wander around until I can prove she is active enough and that she discovers she is the Avatar?

I am quite liking the ideas happening here.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Honestly, I trust you enough already and think you could realize you're the avatar whenever you want. (Not my decision though)
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:18 pm

I agree with Loki, you can realize your the avatar whenever you like.

The ball is this:

Everyone needs to assume that war is on the brink between both nations,

Meili - Should probably write up a succession storyline based off of Lei's death or so. Once in power, start the systematic militarization of the Earth Kingdom, by appointing perhaps your War Council, Generals, plan of defense against the impending invasion and a counter attack.

kanaryu - Your more vital to the situation, either you believe that the Southern Water Tribe wants revenge for what Lei did, OR you were in cohorts with Lei and wanted to rise to power through the chiefs death. Either way you are the new Southern Water Tribe Chief (Write a cannon storyline based off of that).

Xue Xui - Avatar (Important), You can either realize your the avatar, or wait until you feel your ready. Remember, a family member of yours (Meili) is either your sister or your mother. She is the Earth Queen, how you react in this war, is either your with the Fire Nation and want retribution for the water tribes or want to protect your sister/mother from the invasion, or be completely neutral and wander off..

Novai - The Firelord who is waging the war, based off of ties made with the Southern/Northern water tribes for trading,due to Earth King Lei's murder of the Chief, the economic stability of commodities have been compromised. In order to make sure that the prosperity in the Fire Nation is never threatened again, he plans to wage war. Either the Southern Water Tribe has sided with the EK because the assassination was set up, or the Southerners want revenge, either way, the Northern Water Tribe and the Fire Nation are bent on war.

AIR NOMADS/TEMPLES:

Tei Kaze - You are the ONLY active Air Council member, your stance in this war is that you are connected to the Earth Kingdom, because it is primarily funding the restoration of the Air Temples, since you are the leader of your people you clearly don't want the water tribes and the FN butting in and ruining everything. You have rallied the Air benders and will go to any cost to make sure your people survive, even if it means siding with the Earth Kingdom.

EVERYONE ELSE - You know what you have to do, and its up to you to decide what you want to do with your character. Either assume one of these positions: Fire Nation allied with Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom allied with Air Nomads, or Neutral.

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Xue Xui wrote:
Mei, if you would like - why not be a sister? Xue's father is from the Earth Kingdom, and he could have all ready have died. If Mei is Xue's sister it would be less complicated for our character's histories. The Earth King could have been Xue's father still, but is now dead.

Question: What needs to be done to get the ball rolling with the plot? Should I just have Xue wander around until I can prove she is active enough and that she discovers she is the Avatar?

I'm fine with being her sister, but keep in mind that Meili is 41, which means the parents would be pretty old. but, huge age differences aren't unheard of, as I think Iroh and Ozai are about 20ish years apart [Ozai looks 40ish, Iroh looks 60ish] so it's feasible, and if you're fine with it, so am I.
EDIT: and it's Meili's name is Meili, not Mei Li. [so it's one word.] just Eff-Why-Eye. :B

ALSO--with the change in nation leadership and Avatar, some staff member should change that sidebar that currently reads
Fire Lord: Novai
Earth King: Lei
S. Chief: Ryu Minoru
N. Chief: Kyoko
Air Council: Click to view

to something more up-to-date.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:00 am

Meili wrote:
Xue Xui wrote:

I'm fine with being her sister, but keep in mind that Meili is 41, which means the parents would be pretty old. but, huge age differences aren't unheard of, as I think Iroh and Ozai are about 20ish years apart [Ozai looks 40ish, Iroh looks 60ish] so it's feasible, and if you're fine with it, so am I.
EDIT: and it's Meili's name is Meili, not Mei Li. [so it's one word.] just Eff-Why-Eye. :B

ALSO--with the change in nation leadership and Avatar, some staff member should change that sidebar that currently reads
Fire Lord: Novai
Earth King: Lei
S. Chief: Ryu Minoru
N. Chief: Kyoko
Air Council: Click to view

to something more up-to-date.

Staff Members are unable to make changes to the structure and content of the website, only forum posts and moderation on the chat.

We'll contact Liao to make the change.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:18 am

okie doke. just wanted someone who had the ability to make the change, whoever it may be.

so other than that, I just need to get hold of Xue so we can discuss familial relationships ad decide if I'm her mother or sister. I'm fine with either, really.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:32 am

Meili wrote:
okie doke. just wanted someone who had the ability to make the change, whoever it may be.

so other than that, I just need to get hold of Xue so we can discuss familial relationships ad decide if I'm her mother or sister. I'm fine with either, really.

You need to perhaps chat with Xue on the Avatar Chat on the website homepage, or private message her.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 am

that's about what I figured. I'll keep in close watch of this thread to make sure there isn't anything else that I should be aware of.

and I guess I should hit up Liao to get my named changed to the Earth Queen color. :B
Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 am

Well I'll get busy on my part and i will side with the FN likeing the revenge idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing family and political scandals. Please read!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next