The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Practice Before Training!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakura
Sakura

EXP : 579
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character Description
Position: Earthbender-in-training and waitress at a tea shop
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Practice Before Training! Empty
PostSubject: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura puts her hands behind her head as she walks back home from school with her best friend Haruki. The days lesson was fairly boring, and it was nothing that Sakura had already knew. In fact, it was fairly common sense. The teacher had talked about the hundred-year-war started by the fire nation, blah blah blah. Everyone knew the story.
"I wish they'd teach us something new. Or something we don't already know about the Hundred-Year-War. We all know that the fire nation started it, and Avatar Aang came back, and with the help of his friends and Fire Lord Zuko, they took away Fire Lord Ozai's bending. Blah blah blah..." Sakura sighs, and then moves her hands into her pockets.
"Hey, Haruki," Sakura begins walking backwards, and continues speaking to her friend. "You ready for training later today," She smiled. "How about we warm up a little bit before we go over to Ichirou's house?" Sakura asks, knowing that Haruki would take up the offer.

Mood: Excited
Condition:Healthy

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

EXP : 1059
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Waitress

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 am

Haruki "Ki" Nakamura

Haruki shifted her pack from one shoulder to the other, her school clothes thick and making her sweat, the sun beating down on their backs. She listened to Sakura's complaints about the Hundred-Year-War, agreeing completely, but also kinda zoning out. She was busy watching a young man talking hurriedly to a girl who looked of nobility. He then gave her a kiss on the cheek, and dashed off. Hmm...how interesting, she thought with a smile, the gossip in her automatically wanting to know their full story.

"I wish they'd teach us something new. Or something we don't already know about the Hundred-Year-War. We all know that the fire nation started it, and Avatar Aang came back, and with the help of his friends and Fire Lord Zuko, they took away Fire Lord Ozai's bending. Blah blah blah..." Saki sighed, and Ki giggled.

"They teach us all that over and over because Miss Na never plans anything else!" she said with a laugh. Miss Na was the 'overseer' of their lesson plans, and their main instructor.

Saki sighed and then shoved her hands into her pockets, before starting to walk backwards."Hey, Haruki, you ready for training later today?" She smiled. Ki's face lit up with excitement at the suggestion as Saki continued on. "How about we warm up a little bit before we go over to Ichirou's house?" she finished. Ki blushed a deep red color, as she always did when anyone mentioned Ichirou, and she quickly hid her face behind her bangs to hide the blush from Saki. Once she was sure that her cheeks were back to a light pink, she began skipping next to her best friend.

"Yeah! I wanna show him my new technique!" she said with a big grin, as she had been working on something Ichirou's father had taught them for a while now. "I've been praaaaaacticiiiiiiiinnnnggggggggggg!" she sang.

Mood: Tired and Ready to Train

Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 am

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura smiles when she says Ichirou's name, and notices Haruki blushing. She doesn't say anything, mainly because she didn't want Haruki to deny it. Besides, Sakura wasn't the gossiper. No, that was Haruki.
"Yea! I wanna show him my new technique!" Haruki had said, and then claimed to be practicing. Sakura was confident in her friend, and was glad she had worked on her bending.
"I've been practicing, too. Like levitating rocks. But I seem to still need more practice..." She said, showing Haruki her attempt at levitating a few pebbles on the side of the path. They rose a foot off the ground before they fell back onto the ground.
"What about you?" She was eager to see what her friend had learned.

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Haruki "Ki" Nakamura

She watched as Sakura levitated some pebbles, and clapped happily. She then took the only stance Ichirou's father had taught her yet, as she was a lower level than Sakura, who knew four or five stances. She then took a deep breath, puffing her cheeks out and then releasing the air in them before concentrating on the little pebbles Sakura had just set back down. She extended her fingers towards them, and they began shaking as though the earth were quaking. She then made an abrupt movement with her arms, and the pebbles shot across the road to the other side. She then straightened up, grinning at Saki. "Well?" she demanded. "Do you think Rou-Rou will be impressed?!" Rou-Rou was her nickname for Ichirou, as she thought that normal names were boring.

[OOC: We should name Ichirou's father something. Like, Master/Sifu/Mr. [Insert name here].

Last edited by Haruki on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura smiled as she watched the pebbles slide across the road.
"Yea, I think Ichirou'll be impressed." Sakura said, even though she wasn't sure if Ichirou would me impressed. She was still trying to find out if Ichirou shared feelings with Haruki. It was hard to read his expressions, but on the whole, he was a good guy.
"I wonder what Sensei will teach us today..." Her eyebrows squint together as she thinks about the upcoming lesson. "Maybe we'll learn about making quicksand. That'd be cool!" She said, thinking about the possibilities she could use with the power of quicksand.

Condition:Good

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Haruki "Ki" Nakamura

"Oh my gosh, that'd be so cool!" Haruki said excitedly, picking up a little sand from the road and making the grains dance on her fingertips. She then dumped it away and began skipping away from Saki. "Race you home!" she called over her shoulder, already having a fine head start. She giggled to herself, and began full out running, trying to do something that Sensei had mentioned. It involved using the earth to push you forward, and she tried it, and could feel it moving very slightly, but no enough to help her. She sighed, then continued running, a big grin on her face.

Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura watched as Haruki fooled around with some sand on the ground and lets it move around on her finger tips before dropping it back onto the ground. She smiled at that, and then put her arms up and stretched before continuing with her walk.
"Race you home!" Haruki shouted, and began to run ahead of her, using the earth underneath her feet to run faster.
"Hey, that's cheating!" Sakura laughed, and then began to chase after Haruki, following the path to their home/ tea shop. Whenever there was a stone that might make Sakura trip, or a patch of grass that could irritate her legs, she used her Earthbending to push the dirt and stones out of the way.

((Yea, sure. Sifu seems to be a pretty cool name, what about that? Master Sifu has a pretty good ring to it.))
Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 am

Haruki "Ki" Nakamura

Haruki reached the tea shop steps first, but watched in disbelief as Saki passed her to the door. With an over-dramatized gasp and a giggle, she tugged on a strand of Saki's hair. "Rematch tomorrow." she said with a big grin, opening the tea shop door. It was already busy, and Haruki skipped into the back room, grabbing an apron. She tied it around her waist, checked her hair in the bathroom mirror, adjusted one of her buns, and then was ready for a work day.

OoC: It's so short, I'm sorry! I didn't know what else to do!!
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura saw Haruki make it to the doors first, but that wasn't going to stop her. Sakura ran past Haruki, bursting into the store. She saw some of the costumer's eyeing her, but she didn't care. She had only saw one thing, and that was how busy the tea shop already was. It looks like practicing would have to wait for later.
"Defiantly a rematch. A rematch that I'll win!" Sakura said, trying to be optimistic about it. But, her hopes of the race tomorrow quickly drained out of her as she looked back at the large crowd of guests.
"Looks like practice is gonna have to wait..." Sakura sighed. She took out a hair-band, and put her long brown hair up in a single bun behind her head so that it would be out of the way. She let a smaller piece hang in front of her face while she worked.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Before Training!   Practice Before Training! Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice Before Training!
Page 1 of 1