The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Bodyguard (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

EXP : 684
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Traveler/Bodyguard
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Bodyguard (open) Empty
PostSubject: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Tuezal Kai

“Midday, although in the desert it’s hard to tell,” Tuezal thought to himself. The great Si Wong desert was just as vast as it was dry. Tuezal learnt a lot about the desert before entering it, as was his way, he never ran into a mission blind. He sat tall on Ono, his ostrich horse, and rode the beast to the summit of the highest dune he could find. Tuezal climbed off his loyal ostrich horse and squinted into the distance. “We are only on the outskirts of this mighty desert my friend, the next push to the sandbender people will be long and hard and you look like a dried up sea prune already!” he said to Ono laughing. “Never-the-less we will not be able to do it without a guide of some sort, and something that can travel faster than you my lazy friend,” he said to Ono while rubbing his beak and smiling. Tuezal looked into the distance again and spotted a small village, “Ah! Look at that, shelter and maybe a guide, fate smiles upon us my friend,” Tuezal said to Ono as they made their way down the dune towards the village.

Tuezal was driven to enter these forsaken lands by a letter sent from a town in the great Si Wong desert, which he received at his home in Omashu which read:

Greetings, Tuezal Kai
I am a proud man and would never ask for the help of an outsider, but it seems I have no choice. I have stolen from a group of dangerous sandbenders and they have discovered that it was me, they threatened me through my daughter, so I met with them to take whatever punishment they saw fit in return for not harming my daughter. They beat me within an inch of my life, and I barely managed to crawl home. When I arrived, I found my daughter beaten half to death and the leader of the sandbender’s son lying dead at her feet . . . with my old spear through his heart. She miraculously survived and managed to kill her attacker but now I fear for our lives. They tricked me to lead me away from my home and got to my daughter once already, they will try something again. I am in no shape to defend my home or my daughter and I have no coin to pay you.
Please help us,
Azumamaro

Tuezal entered the small village with the letter weighing heavily on his mind, he would need to find some help and some transport if he was going to save the man and his daughter.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Loki

Loki was doing one of her usual boredom flights, this time ending up in the desert. It was a popular place for her to go, as the people she met were always much more interesting than the ones in the big Earth Kingdom cities. She alighted in a desert village, doing a pretty sweet backflip while she landed. She tied the sail she was using to fly around her waist and wandered down the village road. The people were among one of the deserts few oasis, and they had plenty of water from a spring that managed to always give out more of the drink. Loki decided not to walk and instead fly on a wind draft down the road, kicking up sand as she went to the local drink bar, where the best cold drinks in all of the Earth Kingdom were sold. They were probably made better by the hot air, but if the environment helps the taste, who's gonna complain? She went inside and ordered a fruit smoothie and sat there sipping it slowly.

Mood: Rarin' to Go
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 am

Tuezal Kai

"Wait here my friend" Tuezal said to Ono as he lead him to a drinking trough near the entrance of the village. Tuezal was so thirsty that even the chains wrapped around his arms and hidden in his robe were beginning to feel heavy. He looked down the long village road and saw a building that seemed to be the center point of the village. A sense of relief surged through his body. He walked briskly to the entrance of the bar and pushed the small wooden doors open expecting to see great sandbending warriors that could assist him on his dangerous quest. Instead he found a man who tended the bar, and a few old women serving drinks to even older men. Tuezal looked around in shock and called a one of the old serving ladies to him and said "where are the warriors of this village?" She looked Tuezal in the eyes and pointed to a very old man that looked dead and smelt even worse. But behind this fossil of a man stood someone who had caught Tuezal's eye. "That young woman over there, who is she?" Tuezal asked the old serving lady. The old lady stretched out her hand as if asking Tuezal to give her something. "Oh of course here is five bronze coins for your trouble, now who is that young woman?" Tuezal asked. The old lady closed her hand winked at Tuezal and left. As shocked as he was with the old woman's blatant trickery he found it quite amusing while he walked towards the young woman dressed in black. Tuezal pulled up a chair next to the woman and sat down noticing some type of sail which he assumed made her a sandbender. "May I ask what you are drinking fair lady?" Tuezal asked politely as he looked her in the eyes, he noticed that they were light blue, "a strange color for a sandbender. . . . Maybe there is more to this woman then meets the eye" he thought to himself.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 am

Loki

Loki looked at the population around her and wondered if the village would die out. With such a high average age, there was no way life in this town could go on for too long. It would be a ghost town in at least half a century. She pondered the effects of death on such a sparse village when a man walked in. Well he was young, but she could already tell he wasn't from this place. She watched an old woman trick the man out of some cash and was mildly interested when he walked over to her. Loki took a sip of her cold drink which was melting into a flavorful liquid with tiny shreds of fruit in it. "May I ask what you are drinking fair lady?" he asked. Boy, he was polite. Loki grinned at being called a fair lady, since she usually looked like a bit of a mischievous creature. But she guessed the competition wasn't putting up much of a fight.

She finished another sip and said, "Oh it's a smoothie. Some waterbender came here and started making bank by freezing water and making drinks with it. It's really good, I think the heat makes it taste even better." She didn't actually know if a waterbender was behind this, but she had no idea how else they would get ice in a place like this. Loki gave her drink a bit of a stir to get the frozen and liquid parts together and then continued sipping.

Mood: Amused

Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 am

Tuezal Kai

"Oh it's a smoothie. Some waterbender came here and started making bank by freezing water and making drinks with it. It's really good, I think the heat makes it taste even better." She said to Tuezal as he looked her in the eyes again trying to find out who she was but more importantly what she could do. "A waterbender in the Si Wong desert!" Tuezal said as he laughed, "Strange I would of never of thought a waterbender would be mad enough to make his living here" he smiled at the young women who stirred her drink and took another sip. "Bar tender I wish to have the same drink as my fellow traveler here," Tuezal said with confidence. "If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to this desert, other than the drinks of course?"

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Loki

Loki was pleased that the man had also ordered the same drink. She must have made it sound good. He then asked her what brought her to the desert other than the drinks, and she almost laughed because the drinks really did bring her to the desert.

She said, "Well due to my abilities, I have the luxury of making trips over such trivial things. You see, I don't have to walk or even ride an animal, I can fly from place to place any time I want. It's fast and hardly requires energy from me. The canvas skirt isn't a fashion statement you know, it's a sail for me to get around with." She then realized it was her turn to ask the same question, since this man was not, in fact, an airbender, "So, since you are not down her for drinks, what's your game?" The bartender put a drink in front of the man. "Oh, and your name wouldn't hurt either. Mine's Loki."

Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Tuezal Kai

"Well due to my abilities, I have the luxury of making trips over such trivial things. You see, I don't have to walk or even ride an animal, I can fly from place to place any time I want. It's fast and hardly requires energy from me. The canvas skirt isn't a fashion statement you know, it's a sail for me to get around with."

Tuezal laughed at the woman's humor which he found soothing to say the least, he found himself thinking, "Ah an airbender! finally a way to get to Azumamaro the man who sent me the letter requesting my help." the woman interrupted Tuezal's thoughts by saying, "So, since you are not down her for drinks, what's your game?" Tuezal smiled at her and moved his arm for the bartender to place his drink on the table, as she said, "Oh, and your name wouldn't hurt either. Mine's Loki."

Tuezal took the drink placed on the table before him and guzzled it down in a matter of seconds,"My apologies Miss Loki for my table manners, but my throat felt as dry as this desert we are in." Tuezal felt a great relief as his thirst was quenched by the drink. "I am Tuezal Kai a earthbender from Omashu and it is indeed a great pleasure to meet you airbender Loki." Tuezal said with confidence in his voice. "I apologize for not making myself known to you as we met but i come indeed with a great burden that weighs heavily on my heart." as Tuezal handed her the letter which he recieved from Azumamaro.

Mood: Intrigued

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Loki

Loki's already high self-esteem was boosted when the man laughed at her joke. Not a lot of people did that, and Loki was grinning when he did. She was impressed by his quick drinking and how he didn't get the horrible pain in his head that Loki had encountered many times from putting the cold drink away too quickly. His name was Tuezal, that was an interesting name. He continued his politeness, and Loki wondered what could ever cause such formalities, but she couldn't say she didn't like it. He handed her a letter, after explaining that he was really sad, and Loki read it over. As a thief herself, she wondered what this man was trying to steal, it must have been pretty important to go through this ordeal. Loki sympathized with the beaten man, understanding the reasons behind thievery and said, "That sucks. You gonna kill a bunch of sandbenders then?" She wouldn't invite herself into it, but she would be pretty happy to tag along.

Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Tuezal Kai

Tuezal stared at the old woman who tricked him out of some coin as Loki read the letter. Soon after she said something Tuezal did not expect "That sucks. You gonna kill a bunch of sandbenders then?" Tuezal laughed from the depth of his stomach saying "Your estimation of my bravado is encouraging but yes I assure you there will be killing and frightening odds, and then there is still the problem of getting there fast and unnoticed I would prefer to have the element of suprise on our side rather than my side alone, only if you want to tag along of course?" Tuezal asked hoping she would say yes.

Mood: Intrigued

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Loki

Now the man was talking pretty thick. She didn't even know what one of the words he used was, but she got the point. "Element of surprise, huh? Yeah I'm pretty good at that. I could definitely get you there and help dish out some damage too." This sounded like something fun to do. Loki loved it when her little trips turned into adventures. "I'm sure you'll find that flying is the best way around the desert. Because you're higher up in the air it's cooler, and the sail I use provides great shade."

Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Tuezal Kai

Tuezal tried to figure out what he had just said but failed and blamed it on his higher education as a student in Omashu.
"Element of surprise, huh? Yeah I'm pretty good at that." she said. "I could definitely get you there and help dish out some damage too. I'm sure you'll find that flying is the best way around the desert. Because you're higher up in the air it's cooler, and the sail I use provides great shade." Tuezal smilled at what she had just said until he processed that he would be flying too, when he thought they would ride on the sand with a sandsailer. "Ah you mentioned that we would be flying and very high if i heard correct should i be worried." Tuezal says as his voice crackled.

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Loki

Loki held back a laugh at this man's fear of heights and responded, "As long as you hold on tight, you should be fine." she then decided she would like to see some fear in his eyes and said, "Of course, if you fell, I'm not sure I could save you." She watched his face when she said that and then asked, "Sooo, are we leaving now then?"

Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Tuezal Kai

"As long as you hold on tight, you should be fine." Tuezal felt comforted by Loki's reassuring words until Loki said "Of course, if you fell, I'm not sure I could save you." Tuezal had never felt fear from no man, woman, nor beast until Loki uttered those words. Tuezal forced out a fake laugh and watched Loki's face for the slightest smile . . . there was none just a awkward silence.

"Sooo, are we leaving now then?" the silence was broken by Loki and Tuezal lepted up, and in an attempt to get his mind off what he had to do he shouted,"Yes let us leave! Sunset is upon us and the darkness of the night will be the perfect cover to hide our arrival at Azumamaro's home."
Tuezal quickly walked out of the bar and felt the heat of the setting sun on his face. "dont you ever stop being hot!" he shouted to the sun laughing nervously, as two old men from the village looked at Tuezal and shook there heads in disapproval. Tuezal ignored them and prepared him self for the journey ahead.

Mood: Nervous

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Loki

Loki noticed an incredibly strange change in Tuezal's personality. He seemed to be lighthearted and cheerful, very, very suddenly. Maybe he was just so happy to find a way to get to the sandbenders, but it felt forced and a bit nervous. Loki was excited to see if he could keep it up throughout the flight. She opened the sail outside the bar, letting the wind air it out, seeing the sand whip up as she pushed it. She looked at Tuezal and began explaining, "Alright, here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna grab these two corners of the sail," she threw the said corners at him, " and put your other arm around my body. If you let go of me, we'll probably go hurtling outward and fling back and forth like a pendulum until I either save us or we fall to our death. So don't do that." Loki followed her own instructions and then asked, "Ready?"

Last edited by Loki on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuezal Kai
Tuezal Kai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 am

Tuezal Kai

Tuezal payed very careful attention to Loki's instructions "alright, here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna grab these two corners of the sail," as Loki said this, Tuezal barely moved. He was hardly fast enough to catch his corner of the sail when she threw it at him. "and put your other arm around my body. If you let go of me, we'll probably go hurtling outward and fling back and forth like a pendulum until I either save us or we fall to our death. So don't do that." Tuezal swallowed, and widened his eyes. Tuezal got into position as Loki explained he should. "Ready." She asked Tuezal as he looked her in the eyes. "Do it!" he says as he closed his eyes and griped tight while praying that he would survive this adventure.
Mood: Unsure

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Loki

The fear Tuezal had been displaying was cut with a strong "ready" as he looked into Loki's eyes. Loki kicked up a very strong wind, focusing it all into the billowing and now growing sail. Sand flew up around them, some getting in Loki's eyes. The force and lift behind the wind was eventually enough to pick Loki and Tuezal off the ground. Everything seemed to be going fine, no problems. Loki blinked a bunch of times to get the sand out. No way to rub them now though, she hoped Tuezal's instincts wouldn't make him rub his eyes or something. She moved the hand that was holding the sail over to her face and rubbed it with the back of her hand, it wasn't much, but she felt a little better. "So where are we going?" she yelled over the wind.

Mood: Annoyed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bodyguard (open)   The Bodyguard (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bodyguard (open)
Page 1 of 1