The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Healing Trust - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:11 am

Z. Katara Len

It had something of a relaxing effect on the younger girl, for she closed her eyes and had a beautiful little smile on her face. It almost put her into a euphoric state, but she remained alert as she listened to her friend speak.

"well... I honestly don't know myself. I suppose that they just mingle with other people the same way any other bender does... I have heard that the Fire Fountain City produces lots of expert and master firebenders, but I usually just stuck to the outskirts of that town, never really exploring it much. so... I am not sure to tell the truth."
She wished she knew though, as it would make both of them happier.
Mood: Very Happy
Condition: Relaxed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:16 am

Jurishe made a slight face, humming to herself. Someone in the town might be able to tell her; maybe she could go out and ask while she got the two of them breakfast? Still, for now, they both needed rest.

"If you're still up to it," She began, tugging her fingers gently through the curly mane before her, "How about that story, now? I'd love to hear it." Rather than sitting, however, she remained where she was, still brushing through Katara's hair.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:21 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled, humming along softly.
"I think I've got one." she smiled, "and... I'm already in my underwear too..." she laughed.

"...and my shoes." she shrugged, although since Jurishe was running her hands through Katara's hair, she did not want to move an inch--it was an easy way to subdue the young blind firebender, because normally shoes were the first thing she'd remove upon coming indoors.

"did you want to hear the one about the old witch or the one about the girl with the heat senses?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 am

"Oooh, the old witch," came Jurishe's excited answer, though her hands continued their calm, recurring path, "I'd like to hear the other, too, but if the first is too long, maybe another time?"

This would be the perfect story to add to her collection; she had nothing similar, thus far. She hoped that it was a good one! If Katara was telling it, it must be!
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:34 am

Z. Katara Len

"Alrighty..." she smiled. "should we sit down or stay standing? I... I really don't want you to stop playing with my hair." she chuckled sheepishly, a bit shy for being so straightforward about something so odd, but she was being honest, and it helped comfort her as she dug into her horrifying past for tales to tell.

"Well... both stories are ones of my own experience, so I can elaborate or summarize as much as I need. which would you prefer?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:38 am

"Let's move to the bed," She suggested, giving one last tug on Katara's hair before moving, crawling up onto the mattress, "This way you can sit in front of me, and we'll both be comfortable."

Once her friend mentions that the stories are her own, Jurishe's eyes widen, "Well now I HAVE to hear them both!" She tells her eagerly, "Start with whichever one you want; I don't mind which."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 am

Z. Katara Len

"Okay." she smiled, and as they moved to the bed, KAtara removed her shoes as she sat down, wiggling her toes again. the marking on her hand was visible again, since she wasn't swinging or flying around the dancefloor anymore.

Katara snuggled in front of Jurishe, crossing her legs and almost giving her friend a faceful of her pretty-smelling brown curls.
"Okay... so I guess I will tell them both. Did you decide on how long or short the stories should be? I can tell either version. it involves this mark on my hand."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:52 am

"Whatever you're comfortable with, Katara... If it's too much, I'll still enjoy the short version," Jurishe brushes her own hair back before continuing with dem curls, "I'd just like to hear them."

It seemed that brushing through her hair was relaxing Jurishe was well, almost making her sleepy, but not quite. Her entire body was calm and her breath was slow and even. Her position may have helped, despite how uncomfortable it might look to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 am

Z. Katara Len

"alright..." she nodded, "so... shortly after... after well... after they got my mother..." she began, sounding hesitant for a moment, although the fact that Jurishe was stroking her hair the same way that Katara 1 used to stroke Katara 2's hair. Those curls... those lovely rich curls. They were hard to resist touching.

"anyways... after they got my mother but before they got me... I ran into the most peculiar woman... she was a waterbender... definitely from the Water Tribes. I could tell before even asking her, although she did not make it too difficult to guess. She told me she was from the southern Water Tribe, and was familiar with the Avatar. I asked her about it because I heard that the Avatar could remove bending. I asked her how easy she was to find... apparently she is an elusive woman..."

she paused for a moment. "Anyways... She gave me some words of solace, and voluntarily inscribed me with that symbol on my hand. I had never gotten a taattoo before, especially not at that young of an age. But I remember liking it... it was apparently the crest of her family or something. I don't know why I got it... but I wanted it. I owed something to that woman..."

This was not the end of the story either... this was merely the beginning and opening sequences.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:03 am

Jurishe remained quiet, as the story progressed, though she did offer Katara's shoulder a gentle squeeze, when she mentioned her mother. "They"... That was interesting. She wondered who "they" were, and what "they" had to do with her friend; why "they" wanted her.

The symbol on her hand was something that Jurishe had already noted, before, though she hadn't said anything about it. So that's what it was.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 am

Z. Katara Len

'they'... they had been some sort of cult of revolutionaries who had been trying to find ways to strengthen benders. Katara was little more than a test subject to them, and one that they would stop at nothing to try and get. It was another of several reasons why Katara hated power.

"so anyways... I got the tattoo. we talked a bit more, and while she said she could not find the Avatar, she would keep her eyes out. Mia Takamatzu was her name... although I think Mia was her middle name..."

Katara continued to elaborate on the tales of this old woman. She was a healer who had fixed most of Katara's wounds, but the ones on her eyes, as well as her eyes themselves... could not be healed--for Katara did meet this woman again after she lost her eyesight.

"She always had a knack for showing up at interesting times. She was sort of there to comfort me, although never closely like a friend the way you do..." she smiled.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:16 am

Jurishe tried to think; "Takamatzu"? It didn't ring a bell, though she hadn't exactly been a prominent member of her Tribe, so it was possible that this "Mia Takamatzu" had been.

"When did you last see her?" She finally asks a question, intrigued by this small insight into what had happened to her friend, before she had met her. Jurishe had another question, of course, but one that Katara probably couldn't answer: would she see the old witch again?
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara didn't even know it herself, but her real name was Zurok, and she was the Avatar's mother. Perhaps this old witch was more elusive than Katara knew.

"I was 14." she replied, "so a little while ago. It was in the Fire Nation Capital, but she has surely moved on since then. She travels a lot, although she seems to be attracted to wilderness and gardens. She likes the outdoors, she told me."

she paused, still happy to have her hair caressed, "why? do you recognize the name?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 am

Shaking her head, Jurishe tells her: "No... the opposite, really. I'm surprised that I don't, considering she came from my Tribe. Maybe she left a long time ago, or maybe I just never met her. Either is an option. Especially if she's as old as my mother, or older."

For whatever reason, she didn't like the sound of this woman. Not that she could say why, but something didn't sound completely right.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:31 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara certainly didn't have a bond with this woman, let alone one like the one she had with Jurishe. No... her bond with Mia was... "interesting", and intriguing. That was the only real way the youngster could describe it.

"well... I'm surprised anyone knows her at all. She is weird... elusive... but aye. That is the story behind The Old Witch that I always talk about."
she paused. "Thanks for playing with my hair. I... it means a lot, and I really appreciate it."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:34 am

Taking that as a sign to stop, Jurishe let her fingers slowly slip out of the curls, and then into her lap. "You're welcome. It was nice; your hair is really soft," She tells Katara with a smile.

"So... That was the story of the old witch. Now what about the girl who could sense heat?" She asked, curious, trying to shake off her feeling about the waterbender described in the previous story.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:37 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara had actually not wanted her to stop, and would actually voice that concern. "I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Could you... could you do it some more. It... it's comforting. Especially when I recount my.. err, past. It was one of the things my momma used to do when it was down to just me and... well, me and her."

she gulped strongly, as if trying to surpress a memory.
"the heat-sensed firebender is a bit easier to track. She is from Fire Fountain City--this I am certain." she grinned.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:41 am

"Oh! Of course," She nodded, lifting her fingers to Katara's hair again, "Sorry; usually when someone says 'thank you', like that, they want me to stop what I'm doing. Like they're politely saying 'that's enough', you know?"

Then, after Katara continues, "How did you meet her?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:50 am

Z. Katara Len

"Ah..." Katara nodded, "I'll remember that then. I was just expressing gratitude because it really does mean a lot to me."

"so... I ran into her outside of the city. She was training, and it was a stunning display of firebending. I was already blind when I ran into her the most recently, so I do not know what she looks like now. But, she let me feel her hands and her kimono... she felt like a noblewoman. And when I saw her before I lost my eyes, she wore red. Pale skin, long, flowing black hair... I wanted to play with it so bad..." she laughed.

"Anyways... turns out she was blind. She had been born that way it seemed. The way she moved and handled herself though... I would have never guessed. It was not till I lost my own eyesight that I tried to seek her out. However, my lack of control over my bending meant that I would have to get that taken care of first. She was about to leave, so I couldn't get the chance to train with her then. I didn't cross paths with her since, but she apparently lives there."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:52 am

"It sounds like she'd be a good person to find," Jurishe nods, "Maybe she can help you? What do you think? You said you ran into her recently; what happened then?"

She didn't usually ask so many questions, but this story seemed to coincide with her idea of helping Katara. If there was some way to help, she would try as best she could.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:56 am

Z. Katara Len

"well... it was just a coincidental meeting similar to ours, although she apparently had things to do or places to go, and so our meeting was cut a bit short. Then my travels took me elsewhere... and here I am." she shrugged with a chuckle.

"so... you're really intending to try and help me then?" she said softly and but more humbly. "like, help me find a way to control my bending?"
She was in slight disbelief, as if it sounded too good to be true.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 am

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jurishe asked, very seriously, "I would never want to see anyone hurt that badly again... but this is you! You don't deserve this, Katara, and - while I can't help you replace what you've lost - and that kills me, it really does - I want to help make it right, as much as I can."

Her thoughts may be scattered, as are her words, but the conviction is strong and unbreakable. She wouldn't stop until something had been accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara froze for a moment, still hunched over slightly as Jurishe comfortingly played with her hair. Slowly, she turned around, without even letting the older girl's fingers leave her curls, and she wrapped her arms around her gratefully. She coughed for a moment, clearing her throat, as she was welling up.

"Th... thGAAAAAA!" she cleared her throat. "thank... thank you." she said softly, sniffing with her nose, as if to hold back tears. She was squeezing the waterbender tightly, but not enough to be constricting.
Mood: Tearfully Happy
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 am

Jurishe returned the tight embrace, tears welling up in her eyes as well. They truly had become so close, so quickly. She felt Katara's pain, and it hurt her too. Call her a bleeding heart, but she wanted to bundle the smaller girl up and make it all better, as quickly as possible. She'd felt the same way about Takeshi, when they were younger...

Wiping at her eyes, Jurishe gently nudges Katara, "Hey. We'll do it together, right?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:08 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara took a deep breath, slowly keeping herself from crying (well... from crying too much).

"Aye..." she said shakily, "we will... And we'll... we'll have a great time in the meantime... we can do each other's hair... and... and tell stories... and... and go out on each and... and every town we pass thrugh!"
her voice was shaky, as her eyes were still very wet, and she was still on the verge of crying again.

"R-right?" she 'looked' up at Juri, a teary smile appearing on her face
Mood: Tearfully Happy
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next