The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why we cant have nice things.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kurokon
Kurokon

EXP : 775

Why we cant have nice things. Empty
PostSubject: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 am

As the sun was beginning to rise on the quiet island of Kyoshi, a dark ship approached the nearby port. The ship was an average sized, slightly mechanical ship with a pitch black sail. Normally this would be a foreboding sight, but a ship of that description would not survive an attack from the Kyoshi warriors, so no one was worried. They were wary, though. As the ship pulled into harbor, and the captain got off, everyone relaxed. They had heard of this particular ship before. This ship had saved stranded survivors of wrecks with no request for payment. Acts in these times were seen as heroic, seeing as how many horrible things happened. Of course no one knew that this ship had also sunk many supply ships as well, making sure to leave no witnesses. The captain made sure they had no reason to be arrested, since no survivors meant no one knew what happened out at sea, he offered people the chance to join, or die, at least until the crew was full.

The captain was none other than the young Kurokon Shikyo, a renowned lightningbender. Not famous really, but well known in most ports. Mostly for his protective nature. One man had tried to rape one of the women in his crew. Needless to say, the man was still scared of any bright lights. Oh by no means was Kuro a saint, but he protected his crew. One of his many aspirations was to one day lead an entire armada. That was for the future though, not the current time. Kuro yawned as he stretched out. "Alright everyone, do the usual, well be staying here for two days. If you want anything, you can pay for it yourselves, I find anyone stealing from the haul, they will be my next sparring partner." It was a dangerous threat, seeing as how his last sparring partner, other than Kaigen, had still not stopped twitching. Lightning was powerful, and dangerous, so its wielder was just as feared. Kuro noted a single person was missing from the crew right now. "Kaigen!" Kuro had little doubt Kaigen was either still sleeping, or hiding. "We hit land, come on." While he didnt yell, his voice easily carried through the ship.
Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

EXP : 1050

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:47 am

The breeze was actually nice, at least nice enough to not have a sweater on in Kaigen opinion. The younger brother was actually the newest member of the group, after breaking Kaigen out of the temple where his so called uncle would bless him they haven't had any action recently so aside the battle getting out of the temple no fighting recurred on the seas. Kaigen and Kurokon lightly spared a few times testing waters but not actually seeing where they could move. Kaigen was at the highest part of the ship on the port of the sails - He didn't know much about boating and due to him being an Earth bender it was a bit of an weak point but he figured his older brother can handle himself fairly well so why couldn't he? Besides all he had to do was get in close, closing gap shouldn't be hard at all.

For two days though he wouldn't have to worry about it, he'd be on land. No actual purpose here but to restock and small objectives that needed to be addressed, jumping forward in a forward air summer-salt he landed on his feet with a bit of a bent knee not too far behind Kurokon after hearing his name. He felt a different breeze of air bring itself among their presence. The presence of the Kyoshi Island, it had a different breeze of air to it; Being on water does that too you. "I believe this is Kyoshi Island. About time we got off this ship, I think I was starting to get sea sick" Kaigens line of vision was caught on by the eyes of others who already resides on the island as a home. Opinion on that was blank, no one was attacking them so they didn't think much of the looks, he wasn't used to ... not being a monk so this should prove to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:17 am

Kuro chuckled. His brother seemed to have a fondness for being at the peak of whatever he was near. Ironic, seeing as he was an earth bender. "Alright, go do whatever you guys want, meet back here by sundown. I dont see you here, I come looking." That part wasnt actually a threat. Since they would be here two days, he didnt mind if they stayed with friends if they had any. He just wanted them to tell him first, so he wouldnt waste time looking. He grinned at his brother. "Come on down Kaigen, lets go get some lunch." Kuro had little doubt his brother was hungry. They hadnt eaten since yesterday, so it wouldnt be surprising. Either way, a meal couldnt really hurt. It would be a good chance to relax. Being a captain wasnt the easiest thing in the world, even if his crew was rather loyal. Managing any more than ten people was never easy. Loyalty didnt matter when you had to deal with so many people. Well, it may have helped, but it didnt make it easy. Either way, a good meal could be very relaxing, hell, maybe they had some hotsprings or something to relax in. He'd have to ask Kaigen later though, Kuro never remembered anything about places. One thing most people didnt understand was just how cold it was out at sea, what with the constant breeze. Fortunately, in hotter environments, it was a decent temperature, otherwise Kuro would have given up piracy a long time ago.

Kuro walked off into the town, glancing around. "You know anything about this place? Restaurants? Hotsprings? You know I cant remember anything about specific places." True, he had probably been here before, but remembering a single town that he had visited once, years ago, was not something he could do. He remembered important information, and random information. Seeing as how it wasnt important, he didnt remember it. Ah, the problems that came with his memory were enormous, but the benefits were equal as well. Kuro shook his head, noticing how his crew had already spread out, all except for him and Kaigen. "You pick, I dont much care." Kuro could eat anything so long as it wasnt horrible. That and he wasnt that hungry, so any activity to take up time would do. It really didnt matter. Kuro often left the pointless decisions to Kaigen, because he was apathetic to most of them, but if it made his brother comfortable, hed go along with it. He always had. He always would as well. Call him a sociopath if you must, but Kuro was protective and loyal to Kaigen. He was not protective because he thought Kaigen couldnt handle himself, he was protective because it annoyed Kaigen to no end. He enjoyed messing with people, though he knew his brother knew he meant no harm by it.
Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:52 am

It took the crew like little to no time to hail ass, they must have really had plans once they got off the sea. Kaigen really couldn't blame them, some probably needed to buy new equipment, others probably wanted some training in and like the Shikyo brothers are probably hungry. His older brother being the captain you would have thought he would take lead when it came to those two having lunch, NOPE >.> instead he threw Kaigen first. Kaigen walking deeper into the island and farther away from the boat after his senses becoming more adapt to this nature while hoping Kurokon would be right aside him spoke "I couldn't leave the incredibly small village by the Temple, I don't know anything about this place I've seen a few pictures and that's why I assumed haha we are both shit out of luck" with his right hand scratching the back of his neck, he wasn't used to leading much of anything but really he didn't know what to do - he was indeed hungry but his mind was elsewhere to be quite honest.

"I actually don't even have a wide line of food I've eaten to be fair so all this stuff to me got taught as unhealthy" blinks for a moment starting at a particular street full of restaurants. "So while YOU CHOOSE, why don't we talk about your motives ... hopefully you have big ones right? Being a pirate is different from my experience but from rolling with you doesn't seem like we get a lot of action ..." The Ex monk spoke fluid as the sea, spoke once more before cutting short "Thinking of something different?"
Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 am

Kuro frowned as his brother mentioned motives. Oh he had motives, plenty. For the most part though, he was unsure. He wanted to lead, so there was that, and he rather liked having plenty of money. "You know I am. I still dont know what. Mercs? We could pull it off pretty easily. Bodyguards we could do, hell, is there really any type of job we couldnt do at least decently?" Obviously he didnt mean jobs like being a waiter, or servant, neither of them were really the type. Kuro sniffed the air, the water in the air helping his sense. "I smell cooking, so we cant be far from a restaurant." Judging by the amount of people who were around, which is to say, not many, most people in this particular part of town didnt wake up so early. Any restaurant open this early would likely be for travelers and warriors. Kuro shrugged. Some villages were more relaxed than others, he had learned that from his various experiences with them. One village had damn near stolen all their weapons before they could enter, yet this one seemed rather peaceful. Kuro glanced around, looking for any hints of the smoke that usually came with cooking. It was never too thick, but it should be noticed, so long as it wasnt too far away, or too high.

Kuro finally saw it, a small shop with probably wasnt that popular. It had just over ten stools, all near a long bar. Kuro turned to his brother, and moved his head, indicating Kaigen to follow him. As he neared the restaurant, he finally recognized the food. Most of it was fish, but not seawater fish. Apparently, this particular island at least had a lake, or perhaps this restaurant somehow got some shipments in lately. Kuro noted he really didnt give a damn HOW they had them, just that it was far different from the normal dry food they ate at sea. The reason they didnt eat fish was because a good portion of saltwater fish were not exactly healthy. At least, where they had been sailing. They mostly survived off of rations from the ships they destroyed. Kuro sat at the middle of the bar, smiling slightly. They made much more than fish, but he ignored the rest of it. By no means did Kuro like sushi, but cooked and seasoned fish was some of the finest food he had ever had. Luckily, this place served just that. "Ill take catfish." His voice wasnt really respectful, but it was calm and nuetral. If he showed respect to someone he didnt know, that could be considered weak, and even more so, he knew, regardless of age, respect was earned, not given. On the other hand, if he sounded disrespectful, he would likely get a half done piece of catfish which had most likely been spit on. Okay, maybe he was just paranoid, still, it never hurt to be careful. He didnt bother to note whether anyone else was in the restaurant or not, so long as they left him and his brother alone, he didnt much care what they did.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

EXP : 8416

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:41 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

The restaurant was already occupied; a young woman sat at one of the far back tables, keeping to herself. While she definitely didn't seem volatile or dangerous, she didn't look completely helpless, either; lithe and fit, she was no voluptuous, delicate flower, and her hands were wrapped clear up to her forearms. Her clothes were fitted and of good make, using green, brown and cream - Earth Kingdom colors - so she clearly had money. At her side was a cylindrical bag, reminiscent of a messenger bag, which was crafted from expensive cloth in gold and white - Fire Nation Colors.

Glancing up at the young men as they entered, she raised a brow just slightly before looking away, apparently uninterested. Before her sat an empty plate and a glass full of water; she was waiting for her meal to arrive.

Shi-Hao had been at the islands for only a day, now, and already, she was bored. The Kyoshi Warriors were interesting enough, but their style of combat was clearly not compatible with her own, and so she didn't waste much time trying the intricate, sweeping motions they had perfected. While she was considering moving on, the day was young; perhaps she'd find something that would change her mind. If not, she would buy passage off this rock and move on.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Good

Last edited by Shi-Hao on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:59 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara liked Kyoshi Island because while small, it felt safe, with the powerful Kyoshi Warriors looming over the place and acting as the silent guardians of the cities. Katara was a passive fellow who tried to steer clear of violence. the young teen had considerable power, but even the few times she could pull it off successfully, she did not like to use it at all, and so mostly didn't.

She was quietly enjoying a meal of her own, when suddenly the ruckus in the building grew louder than usual. It made Katara uneasy, but she quietly remained in her corner, eating and hoping no one would notice her. However, with red clothes and a massive mess of brown curls, she stood out fairly well even if someone didn't see her face. at the moment, her face was mostly obscure though, luckily for her.
Mood: Neutral
Condition: Surprisingly well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 am

Blue not so rough looking jeans with some actual pirate boots, gladly his brother wore the same size shoes or he'd be barefoot and his toes are not quite the best. Adverage same color shirt with no sleeves a kind of V-neck style of a shirt with no logo. The two white haired pirates walked into the resturant, no intentions besides having a good meal although Kaigen himself really didn't know almost none of the things cooked her Kuro looked like he did for sure.

As they stepped inside the bells above the entrance would make a peaceful and light sound showing new customers and of course the customers in begin to stare at new faces. Now here is the part of the topic that you need to remember before I contiune, Kaigen don't pay attention to LOT of the shit he is suppose too. Kurokon must have had waterbending skills to get past the slippery floor to get to the seat because Kaigen was not fortunate at all. His right leg went upward, no he is a martial artst so legs going up isn't the issue but the fact that the look on his face was actual fear it was different, it kept going up, hell his left leg begin to follow behind it as he did a quick and loud inhale that alerted everyone in the area that someone has lost balance. into the air his back facing the wet floor his eyes so desperate - He couldn't believe he couldn't stop the fuckery that was to occur.

"NOOOOOOO" SLAM! his back straight into the wet slippery floor, then his head hit the floor a few seconds after impact. His mouth widen as he closed it as well as his eyes, he was so fueled with rage as he heard laughter through the room he was about to crush every bone in the owners body until his eyes spotted the 'SLIPPERY FLOORS' sign he wasn't paying attention to. So technically it wasn't anyone fault but his own - huffed as he laid there and shouted "DON"T PICK ME UP IM GOING TO LAY IN MY ANGER" he was dead serious as he folded his arms and just laid there until he was damn ready to get up.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:33 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara heard the door swing open again. Well shit... more people to ruin her gentle peace.
This was quite a scene though, and it was vivid enough that Katara was able to picture it in her head.
her keen hearing picked up the subtle squeaking noise of someone slipping on a wet floor. the "BAM!" that followed, mean that he had either epically faceplanted, or landed hard on his butt.
instinctively, she looked up, even though she was blind. Perhaps it was just instinct, as Katara had not always been blind her whole life.

the yelling that ensued startled Katara briefly, but after she realized what had happened, she instantly regretted taking a drink.
it went up her nose, causing her to sputter, which in turn just made her laugh again as she snorted. people be damned if she made a scene, that was some funny stuff. Besides... shew as sure that the boy who had fallen would draw much more attention to himself than she would.
Mood: Amused
Condition: Laughing
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 am

Kuro had seen the spectacle. How like his brother to do something incredibly... well it wasnt really stupid. Really the only word that came to mind was childish. Seriously, such a dramatic "NOOOOOOO", almost as if he was falling off a cliff. Kuro was the person who was laughing, because it was his brother, he was allowed to. "The day you pay attention is the day I get declared the sanest person in a village." For a moment, Kuro wondered if his brother did all the random shit he did on purpose or if he was genuinely just unlucky. He shook his head. "Seriously just get up and order some food." But no, he shouted out he wouldnt get up. Stubborn bastard. A metaphor about a pot and kettle came to mind, but he ignored that. "If anyone asks, I was adopted." That statement was spoken with such apathy it was obviously one of Kuro's jokes. His grin gave it away, even to those who didnt know him personally. He loved his brother, but he acted like such a child sometimes. Not that he didnt, but both of them knew when to get serious.

Kuro just shrugged at his brother and turned to his newly delivered meal. It had been delivered when he turned to laugh at his brother. He simply continued eating, ignoring his brother's pouting, though he knew it was funny. Still, you would think an expert earthbender who had kept his balance on a very shaky ship would be able to catch themselves before they slipped, but no, Kaigen did not. Hell, he personally knew Kaigen, if not for his pride, could have turned that fall into a backflip. That was one thing that was so drastically different between Kuro and Kaigen. Kaigen had such pride and believed in honor, while Kuro had no such things. Well, perhaps he had some honor, but not that chivalrous bullshit people always spoke of. Another thing was that Kuro was smart enough to not slip on a barely wet floor. Honestly, sometimes he wanted to kick his brother's ass, but then, he remembered how funny this moment was, and forgot about it.

Kuro had dressed similarly to his brother, though only in the lower body. Kuro wore a thick blue sleeveless vest, with black jeans and of course, boots. Honestly, if Kuro didnt have more wild hair, and they wore more similar clothes, they could be twins. Although they certainly werent twins in personality. That much was obvious from just a glance between the two at the moment. "Just get up and eat, stop being a child." It may seem harsh, but for him, it was just light banter. His brother should know that, but then again... Well, they may just end up having a spar by the end of the day. Neither would really hurt each other too bad, but it would be good exercise. Kuro had to wonder if the girls who were now in the restaurant had been there before. He certainly didnt notice them, similar to how Kaigen didnt notice the wet floor sign. Admittedly, he didnt either, but at least he didnt slip. He chuckled as one of the girls nearly choked on her drink. Had she actually choked, he would have tried to help her, but as it was, she just laughed when she took a drink.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

While Shi-Hao had been gazing out the window, when the two young men entered, her eyes snapped to the scene as one slipped on the wet restaurant floor. Had he only fallen over, she could have held it together; it was his shouting that got to her.

Rather than a ladylike giggle, the mirth-induced noise that burst forth from her lips was rowdy and infectious; a full-bodied laugh. Unable to stop, tears soon sprung to her eyes and fell down her cheeks, forcing her to clench her eyes shut, in an attempt to calm herself. The laughter on the other side of the room probably didn't help, of course.

Neither did the strict scolding issued by the other young man - apparently the brother of the one that had tripped. Snickering, Shi-Hao tried to stop laughing, holding a hand up to forcefully cover her mouth. Her shoulder still shook, however, so she likely wasn't fooling anyone by muffling the sound.

Mood: Gleeful and Giggly

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 am

There he was! His whole backside of his body cold and wet as his ears were poundings of scoldings and jokes of his older brother at the same time he wasn't worried, he could hear laughter fill the room, he wanted to get up but he knew if he were one of them the laugh would get harder and he didn't want it. His palms already on the ground as he sensed everyone who were laughing hell the cook in the back even almost dropped his pan when he heard it and he didn't even see all of it. He got up, he didn't pull any earth bending moves to show off or anything, not like it mattered because he would have still got the same treatment.

He dusted himself off although he was more wet then dirty, he did not look too happy at all - he sighed after standing and he had a serious wet spot on his back side of everything which made people keep laughing as the show goes on. He then speaks lightly "Give me a moment" he spoke to his older brother as he begins walking to a mysterious stranger who just so happens to love the show sadly but he had to spark conversation with someone right?

"Glad you like the show .... so whats someone like you carrying something like that in your bag?"As he put his elbows on the table. They were now sitting face to face, his head cocked to the right his eyes not much visible due to a bit of them being closed. Voice full of life and curiousity although he didn't say it loud enough where a lot of people could hear them. "And the bag has Fire Nation colors ...Don't sound like a princess waiting to be saved to me"
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:43 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Though she had still been trying to suppress her large grin, before the boy had approached her, his presence at her table - and then his presumptuous words - had it fading entirely, replaced by a look of guarded skepticism, thinly hidden by a slight, practiced smile. Shi-Hao had to give him points, however, against those would had tried to approach her before, by making fun of his own blunder.

"There are three things that you should never ask a woman," She chided him in her playful tone, in lieu of an answer, ticking the list off on her fingers as she spoke each one, "Her age is one, her weight another, and the contents of her purse is the last." Then, leaning forward, she added softly, "And I am hardly a princess... Try again, Love."

Her accent was very clearly of the Earth Kingdom, as were her clothes; the fitted green and gold top, with the loose, flowing brown and gold accented shorts that hung down just past her knees. The fact that he'd picked up on her bag, out of everything else, had her very interested. Shi-Hao was wearing very slight, thin slippers on her feet, which might denote her status as an earthbender.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:14 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's ears perked when she heard the words "Fire Nation". She might have been an orphan and a vagrant, but she knew her roots, and they were Fire Nation. Maybe there was some Water Tribe in her as well, but not for at least two generations. Her curiosity got the best of her, and she felt bold enough to step forward and see what was going on. Besides... the man talking to this other woman sounded like the goofball who had fallen and made a scene.

She approached her, gently and slightly timidly, as she was not exactly a social butterfly. Completely disregarding her appearance, she faced the earth kingdom woman, giving her a nice view of her grizzly-looking face. However, some non-judgmental analysis would show a much gentler character behind those dead eyes and grizzly scars.

"Boys these days... am I right?" she raised a witty eyebrow at this woman, having heard the conversation from where she sat. She was still young herself, but there was an aura to her of maturity that ousted that of both of these strange white-haired brothers. Granted, if one had asked about it, she would rather be innocent than to have lived the life she did. it was not a pleasant story. Katara was stable enough to operate normally in society, but she was still very reserved and collected, and had quite the stories to tell.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

At that point, Kuro was more than tempted to drag Kaigen out of the shop. However, it would be a cold day in hell before his brother's antics made him miss a fresh freshwater fish. Everyone has their vices, and that was Kuro's. He really wanted to smack Kaigen for being rude, but he didnt much care what two unknown girls thought. "Kaigen. I have a feel whatever she has in that bag will be used on you if you step too far." Kuro spoked, amused. If he didnt tease his brother, Kaigen might think something was wrong. "In any case, you are supposed to introduce yourself, way before asking any personal questions." Sometimes Kuro was amazed that they were related. Sure, he loved his brother, but they were too damn different. Not on the base level of personalities, but the more detailed areas couldnt be any more opposite. Kuro shook his head, glancing at the woman Kaigen had spoken to. "Sorry about him, I'm Kurokon Shikyo, and this is Kaigen Shikyo." He smiled.

Kuro saw the other girl coming towards the older woman and had to hold his retort back. Too bad it didnt work. "Girls these days..." He spoke it in a tone similar to hers, not not exact. Anyone could change their pitch and tone with practice, but he was no impersonator. He was just joking, but a part of him was angry. One thing he hated was any sort of premature judgement. Racism, sexism, ageism, anything like that greatly annoyed him. Not to the level of dragging someone to an alleyway and beating them into unconsciousness, but enough for his eyes to narrow slightly. Kuro had never been the most open person, and thankfully, that resulted in him hiding his annoyance, until it reached a point. After that point, there would be a few holes in the walls, and a few buildings demolished. "Relax, Im joking." He didnt want her to take it in the wrong way too much, just a little jab at her flawed logic. He had some flawed logic, but he was never serious with it, at most it was to amuse or confuse. Kuro had to wonder if his brother could make any more of a fool of himself before these two girls just left shaking their heads. Of course his brother was probably joking just as much as he was, but his was light and purposeful.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara rolled her eyes at hearing the boy's excuse for a comeback.
"no wonder 'es single." she mumbled under her breath. Sometimes she generalized, other times she was more specific. With strangers that knew nothing about her, she hardly cared. She didn't need their approval and flawed or hypocritical judgment. The ones who judged her based on a single remark were in turn allowing themselves to be judged by the same standard, and apart from serial killers and mass murderers, the last people in the world Katara would respect were judgmental hypocrites.

"I know you were." she replied with a straight face and no real tone to her voice. "no one would take a remark like that seriously anyways."
Such was the nature of Katara's deadpan humor. Some enjoyed it, others didn't. Liking people had never been one of her strong suits, and frankly, Katara was more than okay when people left her alone. However, like basically every teenager to ever walk the earth, Katara had her foolish moments, stepping into a social situation in the first place being one of them. However, one blunder did not make a person stupid. She did think that the boy who lost his footing and made a scene was silly, but not necessarily stupid. The other boy seemed extremely judgmental, although it was much too early for her to "officially" label him as hateful or hypocritical or anything else, be it positive or negative.

She did sometimes miss details, being blind and everything and thus unable to really see gestures or facial expressions, but one's tone could say a lot, unless they were skilled at being outright deadpan the way Katara could. She had once been joking with someone and then in her famous tone, suggested that she remove her clothes. Hilarity ensued, given her ability to keep a straight face.

"That said," she continued hardly a second after she had replied, "didja need something?"
it was said with the same tone and face as before, although she was being serious, with no hidden sarcasm or other undertones to it. It was a very face-value remark.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Shi-Hao was trying - so very hard - not to burst out laughing all over again. She had just raised a hand to greet the first boy and his brother - she assumed, because of the identical surname - when another girl had wandered over to her table, as well. A battle of wits had ensued, almost immediately, between the second brother and the newcomer; if you could give it that dignity. It was less like verbal sparring and more like two children bickering about who had cooties and who didn't. Perhaps Kyoshi Island had just gotten more interesting.

Her initial assumption was that Kaigen was a klutz, a goofball, and a flirt... but he had somehow known about the nunchaku that she kept in her bag. Either he had been tracking her for a while, now, or he had some other means of detection; that might warrant further investigation on her part.

The brother, Kurokon, had been civil enough, until the other girl had made her offhanded comment. Then, Shi-Hao had to stop herself from laughing, both at his expression and his snarky response. While he was apparently the more judgmental of the two brothers, he was also the more alert, and the more quick-witted. That said, she wasn't sure which she'd get along with better, should the situation arise.

While she didn't know more about the girl, just yet, she did notice the scars, as well as the milky quality to her eyes. Blind, then, Shi-Hao thought, and either a scrapper or an unfortunately unlucky girl. She had spunk, however, which was evident in her muttered comment about Kurokon's love life. At that, Shi-Hao couldn't help but give a small, amused noise, but she also decided to wait until she was addressed, to speak again.

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:05 am

Three things? Kaigen eyes focused on her delicate fingers as she named them off, to be honest he was going to say on the last one 'what do a girl taste like' because that's what he kind of felt like asking. Lets be honest here he's been a monk almost all his life ... He's a virgin. Like not even a first kiss, some sad shit right? Anyways after getting that list, his eyes went back on the table and then closed shut. A response would be nice, his facial expression more calm and to the core - sure he acted like the younger brother but in truth it was way much more to this character then he lead on. His brother begin speaking, as his usual 'Im big brother picking up little brother mistakes' Kaigen let out a sigh. Footsteps, heard and caught on already of course he said it pretty low so for someone to hear it from all the way across the room ... hmm. The girl in front of him must have had a weird effect on him because no one just sits in front of someone and says something like that, but her voice did have a nice ring to it.

Next target moving has made a halt as he finally scanned her presence with a blink of an eye, his body then began movement - Calm down he was just slidding over, it was a booth so the girl could sit down and his older brother can come join us. "Teh ... well then take a seat next to her then, Kurokon you joining our little conversation or not! Ayye Waiter over here!" he spoke to the women but shouted at Kurokon due to him being a bit farther away, his face was dead serious - like he went from fall all over the floor silly to other shit. "Now ... " his eyes shifting back on his primary target, pretty girl over there with the delicate fingers but blunt trauma weapon. "I already know what's in the purse I asked what are you doing with it? Protection? Running from someone? don't tell me a pretty girl such as yourself is an assassin ... " A smirk appeared on his face, a challenge. "I don't think someone caring something like this around casually is foolish ... you must know how to use them ... right? These questions I'm asking are out of the three you stated correct?" He would get to the blind one later right now it was play time with Lady dragon over here.
Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:23 am

Kuro raised an eyebrow at the blind girl. Reminded him quite a bit of his brother honestly. Actually, it was more like that constant mask Kaigen seemed to have over his personality. Oh Kuro knew just how smart Kaigen could be, but he acted goofy and childish for fun. There was nothing bad about that really, everyone enjoyed life in different ways, so if his brother enjoyed the way he acted, he wouldnt stop him. Tease him, of course, he was his older brother after all. Kuro was slightly surprised at how the only person who had shown tact since the conversation began was Shi-hao. Kaigen had outright asked about personal items, and Katara had just randomly burst in with a quip about boys these days. Shi-hao had tried actively diverting the conversation away from the weapon, so much so that for someone who didnt know how to do such themselves, it would be difficult to notice. Kuro was surprised at that, seeing how often he met anyone who knew how to control the flow of a conversation, which was rare. Sure, everyone had some base abilities in manipulation, but to direct a conversation while diverting the purpose was smart. She hadnt denied nor agreed, showing she had that skill, and knew, at least somewhat, how to use it.

Kuro rolled his eyes at Katara, even though she couldnt see him doing it. His smile remained, however. It was a reaction from dealing with people for so long. "Speaking from experience I take it?" Kuro's tone held a very light sense of amusement. Then she just outright asked if he needed something, not the most tactful move, but not a stupid one, he supposed. "Your names would be nice. It is a common response to an introduction after all." The statement was mostly towards Shi-hao, as he didnt want to deal with an average teenage girl at the moment, witty or not. Kuro was forced to ignore Kaigen's questions because he really didnt want to deal with that right now. Honestly, his brother may be smart, but not a single hint of indirect conversing. He could have driven her into speaking about weapons, and asked if she had any, that would have been better, as at that point, the conversation would be smooth enough for her to care less and notice less. He mentally shrugged. His brother wasnt the kind of person who beat around the bush, even if there was more to gain from it. Sure, he could be stealthy, but when in a conversation he was barely decent, by Kuro's standards at least. By society's standards, Kaigen was above average. Kuro was a bit of a nitpicker though.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:35 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara might not have seen the eye roll, but she had extremely keen hearing, and thus heard his counter-remark. She didn't care that she was single, but this horny young man clearly did.
"Aye, as a matter of fact I am." she replied, straight-faced and deadpan. "and you're kind of cute." she added a smile.
Okay, so perhaps announcing that she was single in front of a couple of boys was not the best idea, but it wasn't like she was going to fall in love with them. She might flirt with them... play her manipulative game that she had learned from the masters, but she doubted there would be any relationship. She was used to throwing curveballs though.

"I am everybody and I am nobody." Katara explained, as her fame (or rather, infamy)had been what had destroyed her childhood. Now she had no family left, and not really any friends except for a special few. So technically, few even knew she existed, so she was quite literally a nobody. That, and she did not simply give her name freely.
"A pleasure to meet you though."
Her 'introduction' had not been rude either. Just the same old deadpan. her 'pleasure to meet you' had been a little friendlier-sounding though, and she extended her hand to the judgmental boy, also keeping her ears perked at the silliness of his brother.

Katara had seated herself next to the older woman upon first arriving, but she gave the woman her space. So why was she here? why did she get involved in their affairs?
Or perhaps why had they gotten involved in hers... or this woman's. Katara may not have been very social, but she was familiar with how people worked, and frankly, most of them were assholes. Not all of them--no, Katara knew better than that, but a lot of them. while her glazed eyes left her with a neutral expression,l she was actually carefully analyzing them, taking a moment to focus a latent sense, and observe their behavior from the movements and noises they made.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Crossing her arms on the table, leaning in slightly, Shi-Hao kept her sights set on Kaigen, trying to hold his gaze with her light green eyes. Men had literally written poetry about the shade of her irises, before - however little eloquence were in their words and phrases. With the slight curve to her lips, she figured she'd have his attention.

"Clever boy," She murmured softly, referring to the way he'd ignored her deflection, a few moments prior. Then, leaning back, she reaches into her bag, pulling the nunchaku out of their hidden pocket, placing them carefully upon the table. "Beautiful piece, yes?"

They were, in fact, very beautiful: the wood both carved and inlaid with jade. Her particular weapon was on par with a museum piece, however deadly they were. If she couldn't hide their existence, she might as well show them off, right? She hadn't decided, yet, if she would protest any handling of them, or not.

"My name is Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua, of the Ni Kaihua estates, in Ba Sing Se," Came her response to Kurokon's question, at the same time, in the most high-class tone she could muster, "While I am most certainly not a princess..." That was directed at Kaigen, more casually, "I have found the need to learn self-defense."

Last edited by Shi-Hao on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:48 am

Kaigen himself was a bit rapped into the swirling invisible power of the womans demand, but at the same time it was no demanding just her speech makes him focus a little more. He almost stumbled on his words, but he was no quitter, the blind girl and his brother joined them but he was at complete focus on the one in front of him. She finally pulled them out, NO PERVERTS NOT HER BREAST her choose of weapon - The Nunchucks, he was raised in a temple so plenty of martial artist had those babies, Kaigen knew how to use them but only just a little bit of a show off before he'd end up slamming himself in the head - His mind was strictly set on whatever was going to happen next, as they were out on the table she spoke of how beautiful she- no how beautiful the weapons were. The waiter shows up and see it on the table and his eyes stare straight into the heart of the table where the weapon lies there in peace "May I have you all order?" in a very nervous tone in fear of something happening in the shop.

Kaigen eyes narrowed to the blind girl "I noticed you never looked towards my way after I fell you just started bursting out laughing ... and scars like that don't come from training ... quite a interesting table we got here .... now" his eyes shifting back to the prize, Kaigen isn't used to talking to girls but he had to try something to entertain all of them. "Anyone ordering? All I want is fish, make it fried with sugar on it ? On me by the way" his mind looking a bit more brighter then usual. INTERODUCTION TIME BABY so the pretty girl name is Shi-Hao from Ba Sing Se.

"Oh? We are also from Ba Sing Se. You said your from an estate family so that must mean you have a lot of money ... and by the sounds of it ..." leaning back casually raising an eye brow "A bit of class ..." so she'd learn self defense huh BULLSHIT the speech went on "Self Defense huh? Well there is a difference between learning how to defend yourself which actually all you need is your hands and feet ... but to have an actual weapon ... That's like me walking around with a Katana on my back but just using it for self defense hahaha ... sorry sweetie I'm much smarter then I look. That means ..." His smirk appeared back on his face as he finalize his words "There is much more to you then a pretty princess from Ba Sing Se."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's ears felt like they were about to split from the nonsense that sillier boy was spouting.
"ugh..." she said in her mind, "I'm too old for this shit..."

Palming her face with her gloved hand, she slowly got up, feeling that it was time to leave. Okay, so chances were that she was actually the youngest one there. Still... unless one of them was a mind reader, no one had heard her say that anyways.

Frankly, she wished that she felt younger, but she felt like she was at least 30. Too much shit, and not enough shovels really. Compared to her childhood horrors though, this was nothing at all. It was technically not bad in any real way. It was just incredibly awkward and Katara did not like crowds.

"Yeah... I'm done, thanks." she stood up, politely nodding at the tree people around her. With that, she began to walk away, heading for the exit.
Mood: Edgy
Condition: Awkward
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 am

Kuro didnt bother to correct her. She had thought his response was to her first question, but it had actually been to the second statement. It didnt matter. At least the girl was versed in some philosophy. Hell, she might just be a kindred spirit! He doubted it, but it would be a good thing if she was. She called him cute though, that was a plus. Then again, seeing how she was blind, it was likely not so much. If she wasnt blind, the possibility was that she had referred to him as cute based on physical appearances was still open, however, since she was blind, it wasnt. She either liked his personality so far, or she called him childish in a manner hiding behind flirting. Maybe he was just a cynical bastard who couldnt take a compliment. Well, he might as well. "As are you." He smiled, though she couldnt see it, his voice changed softly, as one's voice would do when smiling kindly. Of course it wasnt his true emotion, as that was curiosity, mixed with a hint of boredom. She didnt seem that spiteful, maybe a bit, but not enough to bother him. No doubt whatever caused her scars had left more than just physical scars. He mentally sighed at that. People never knew what to do with mental scars, but that was their problem... usually.

Okay, now he absolutely wanted to smack Kaigen. Did he have no tact at all?! Bringing up the girl's scars so casually would be good, if she was already on the road to recovery from whatever had happened. He doubted that. He focused on the other girl, but unlike most men, he was looking at her face and nunchucks. Most people wouldnt think it, since they didnt use a blade, but Nunchucks were brutal. They simply saw two small sticks, not weapons based on repeatedly bashing an opponent, likely breaking bones. Kuro admired the style really, brutal, but not deadly. However, it was not his own style, so he did not speak up about them. Her face certainly didnt show anything too off. Not the straying eyes that a fully trained warrior would have, akin to one with paranoia. He personally didnt have that, but he was able to focus at what he wasnt directly focusing upon, which was just as useful. "Kaigen." Kuro's voice was a great deal sharper now. "Dont just ask about things like that." He sighed, knowing Kaigen probably hadnt meant to invade on Shi-hao's personal past, but still. "Self Defense... we all need to learn that these days." His voice hinted at an inner sadness at that point, as if he had something to do with it, and regretted it.

Katara was leaving. Kuro would usually apologize for his brother bringing up her scars, but that would probably not help. Still, he supposed, it never hurt to try. He turned his head towards where Katara had gotten up. No, he could tell it wasnt about that. It seemed more of a wish to just be somewhere else rather than a pained reminder. Which meant she was likely on her way to eventual recovery, good for her. Kuro should have glared at his brother, but turned back to Shi-hao. He would usually try and help people, but social anxiety was not something one could simply fix. He of all people knew that, remembering the days before he reunited with Kaigen. Even one who had been through it could not simply fix it. He still glanced her way, and apologized, loud enough for her to hear, yet without being too loud. "Sorry." There was no pause in his tone, no bitterness, simply an apology. If she still left, he would turn back to Shi-hao and try to keep his brother from getting an angry woman as a sparring partner. While he didnt know the girl's abilities, he had little doubt Kaigen would try that chivalrous bullshit. He never understood those ideas, but to each his own, he supposed. The slight jab Kaigen had at him, for carrying a katana on his waist, was funny, even to him. "Nice to meet someone from our home." He smiled slightly.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

With a final glance at Kaigen, and a small wink, she told him, "A lady likes to do damage with more than just her words...~" Her smile curved into a slight grin, before she turned to the waitress, finally able to place her order - the staff was rather slow, here, apparently.

"The same, for me, is fine," She announced, but added, "I would also like a hyötan of sake, please, of the summer variety." It was too hot, there, for hot winter sake, anyway. Looking at the two brothers, she asked, "You do not mind the alcohol, do you?" If they did, she could always pay for herself.

Reaching for her ornate weapon, Shi-Hao returned the potentially lethal sticks to her bag, tucking them back into the hidden pocket. Smiling once again, she folded her arms, leaning onto the table, as if giving the two boys her full attention.

"You are also from Ba Sing Se?" She questioned, conveniently forgetting that Kaigan had mentioned her money, "Kaigen and Kurokon... I can not say that I have heard of either of you, nor the Shikyo family."

Mood: Interested
Condition: Hungry

Last edited by Shi-Hao on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. Empty

Back to top Go down

Why we cant have nice things.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next