The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why we cant have nice things.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

EXP : 1050

Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 am

"Nah I don't mind." The guy heard the girl get 'fed up' and begin to leave, now in such a way actually Kaigen was hurt. Like his feelings were hurt, maybe he wasn't for the social life. He never was trained how to exactly talk to people, or anything that had to do with society rather - It made him feel weak and for a few seconds it showed as he watched the curly haired girl begin to walk away. He had pride, but he also had a juice of not giving a fuck as well - but he really didn't want to seem desperate when all he wanted was to talk, hang out, do casual stuff instead of fighting which is ironic because before they got to the door he was saying how he wanted more action.

He realize how bad he was at being in society and he actually started to like it, or at least with Shi-Hao but when the 'Nobody and everybody' girl with mystery just begin to walk away it really struck his confidence. The waiter wrote it all down, and with a nod left to place orders, the shop otherwise was pretty mellow. His eyes focused back on Shi-Hao, actually looking like he got shot down, it was a moment where he felt actually rejected or something, but he inhaled air as he reassured himself that this one in front of him wouldn't move - He watched her grab her brutal sticks and finally taking consideration in his brother words actually listened "I apologize for speaking out like that, even if I knew it was hidden, after all" he said placing his chin further down his chest.

I mean what was he thinking? he never thought maybe it was rude! He would scold himself later, as he grabbed his white hair with both hands as he nodded "Ah yes. But we were ... uhhh ... how do I explain it ... Seperated ...." a confused look on his face, he never got a chance to actually explain the sudden change in their lives when they were younger. "We are ...pirates. It's silly to say but I just joined, just a few months ago I was a prisoned monk. We will be here for a few days, I actually don't know what we were going to do next, we were however discussing it as we walked in and ... well you know the rest" in a friendly tone showing a small smile placing his elbows on the table.
Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

EXP : 775

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:12 am

Kuro smiled at Shi-hao. She was at least respectable. "Fine by me." Kuro shrugged. With being a pirate, he had little care whether or not people drank. He had done it himself a bit, but not enough to black out. Last thing he needed was to wake up in the arms of some female he didnt even know, all for a night of fun he couldnt remember. Kuro grinned. "Well, like Kaigen here said, our family kinda split after we were of a decent age. They were a group of scholars, youve probably never heard of them." Sure, their parents were somewhat well known, but not to the point of nobility. Even if they had been, Ba Sing Se was a large place, easy to lose such information. Kuro chuckled. He didnt really mind that Kaigen said they were pirates. There were no real records of them being pirates, so it didnt matter much. In order for there to be a punishment, there had to be proof of a crime. That was the first rule of law. Well, democratic law. Damn dictatorships...

Kuro chuckled. "Yeah, today and tomorrow, then we leave. I figure we might head to the North Water Tribe next. Dont really care, we just travel around." Kuro shrugged. "We all rather like to sail, and none of us have many ties to anywhere specific, so we just roam where we please. No one minds it in the crew." Kuro glanced at her, eyeing her. However, it was obvious Kuro wasnt being perverted and looking at her curves, but rather her arms and legs, seeing how well toned her muscles were. "You could come along I guess, if you want. You probably know how to handle yourself with those nunchucks." He didnt ask if she was a bender, just as she hadnt asked him. It would be rude, and possibly dangerous. Paranoia was healthy, but Kuro never knew whether he was being paranoid or being cynical. Most of the time it was both.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

EXP : 8416

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

While Shi-Hao had shaken her head and waved a slightly dismissive hand at Kaigen's apology, accepting it readily, she then listened carefully to their apparent background. Separated and then reunited as pirates? Interesting... Then again, pirates had boats, and she considered turning up the charm, a little, so that she could barter for passage on their ship.

Noticing Kurokon's eyes on her a moment later, she said nothing - quite used to that sort of thing, of course - and was about to ignore him, until he invited her along. Shi-Hao could have squealed with delight, but instead, she hummed like a contented cat in a sunbeam. The flirting and persuasive tones wouldn't be necessary now; her delight would be quite clear in her eyes, and the curve of her smile.

The Water Tribes were another place that she had hoped to visit, on her adventure to study different fighting styles. The problem had been in finding a ship to sail that far into the ice; most wouldn't go anywhere near the Tribe waters, let alone their icy home. Here was a golden opportunity, right in her lap. She would be a fool to let it slip through her fingers.

"You would accept my company on your vessel?" Shi-Hao asked, in a rather soft tone of voice, "Would you not need to consult with your captain, first?" The second question was a spot of misdirection, so that she could get some information. She was actually hoping to find out who the captain was - though, in this case, she suspected that it was the elder brother.

Mood: Interested
Condition: Hungry

Last edited by Shi-Hao on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:16 am

She didn't just get up and leave, this brought fortune to the table as she smiled with in Kaigen term of brutal delight. He had so many questions like a little kid but he was a man so he couldn't as she wasn't even effected by me asking, should he pay more attention to his brother? Probably not. Why you ask is because he's the younger brother he choose to be naive and act untrained on purpose - He didn't like proving to people things, but he would if he had too. So Kaigen breaks the ice and Kurokon steals his groove, Kaigen was shunned mentally - The big brother always do it to the younger brother! BUT SHE IS NOT A PIECE OF MEAT -

Kaigen facial expression didn't change as their food and her drink arrive. The steam from the food was enough to almost overwhelm his senses, he haven't had a meal this hot in a while "Thank you" he spoke to the waiter "Cook says food is on him, for your fall ... he felt bad" the waiter chuckles as she walks away. Kaigen mouth drops for a second before focusing on the food elbowing Kurokon before speaking "Yeah CAPTAIN ... approve her on our ship."
Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:40 am

Kuro raised his right eyebrow. "Interesting... As my brother said, I am the captain. I rather like the way you asked about it, a very useful skill that, not picked up that easily." Kuro really wanted to teach his brother how to speak without reflexively inserting his foot into his mouth. Subtlety was key to any form of communication. He really wished Kaigen knew that, but since he had been with Monks, he doubted it was his fault. Kuro had learned because he paid attention to minute details that others often overlooked, tones, pitches, even minor facial movements. Even more important were the words themselves. While many words were similar, using different synonyms had different reactions from people. He had been a pirate, still was, and he had learned business and politics while being a pirate. He often had to convince people to do things they didnt want to do. It wasnt easy, but it had been worth it. He knew of no one else who could weave their words so thoroughly.

Perhaps he had underestimated the woman, but it didnt matter. Soon she would be on his ship surrounded by loyal minions of his, so long as she wasnt stupid or psychotic beyond sanity, he had little worries about her in a battle, especially with his brother at his back. Actually that was a good idea. "You know, you two could always spar after you eat, might help you relax." Well, it always had for him. He grinned a bit. "Id like to see a good spar, what do you guys think?" He would rather watch the two than fight in the spar himself. If she was coming aboard than he wanted to know just what she could do, both in case she fully joined, and in case she tried taking over. Like I said, paranoid and cynical. Best be prepared though, plus it might help the two get along better. Kuro couldnt tell if his brother was annoying her or not, but he knew what his brother lacked in social expertise, he made up for in battle. Sparring would be a good way to get to know each other for any warriors, even minor warriors. That, and it would certainly entertain him.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:06 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Oh yes, a sparring match would suit Shi-Hao quite nicely. Turning from the captain to look at his younger brother, she smiled at him, with only the slightest hint of a grin - it was almost undetectable without previous knowledge of her facial features and expressions. "Would you do me the honor of being my sparring partner, Kaigen?" Her tones, rather than sultry, were now a bit more cheerful, perhaps even excited.

While she was determined to avoid using her bending skills - if she had the option - the nunchaku were a given. They would expect her to use them, so that they could assess her skill with the difficult weapon. Shi-Hao would just hate to disappoint.

Shi-Hao's blood was already pumping at the promise of a fight, however adept she was at hiding the signs. She only hoped that it was a decent match-up. If things went well enough, she reasoned, she might even be able to battle the older brother, to see where she stood against him.

Though she no interest in starting a hostile takeover of their ship, she was a little wary of being unable to escape their proximity if there were... complications. If any of the sailors, or their captain, had unsavory thoughts in their minds concerning her virtues, she would need every advantage that she could get - which included her hidden earthbending. Stories of women falling prey to groups of men were not many, but they were worrisome enough that she did not wish to add to their numbers.

Condition: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Lets get this straight, a girl with brutal wooden sticks that are not used for anything sexual just asked me in such a sweet voice she has, to have a sparing match with her. As a Monk he would have to turn it down, he was only permitted to use his skills in dire need so he would have to turn it down. His mouth opened up to speak against it, his eyes took a sight of how he really look and he thought clearly about it. He had just got done, his choice of food was pretty sweet, though he did ask for sugar on top of it ~ of course it was sweet. "As a Monk I will have to turn down your offer ..." he spoke out, giving her a smirk "But I'm no longer a monk, but be gentle princess, wouldn't want you hurting yourself" he was going to actually spar with this woman, Kaigen needs action, or at least to be entertained -

He was going to test the waters a bit and with that thought he spoke up again "Ready when you are" He stood up and stretched, and headed out the door before yelling out "I'll be outside in the street when your finished" The warm embrace of the wind merged with his senses as his feet felt on the solid ground ... it was indeed more people outside this time and he wonder if she mind doing it right here. In any case he sat on the ground with his legs crossed in a meditation state as he waited for Lady Dragon to finish her meal and drink and come and scream daddy.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

It was SO on. While Shi-Hao wouldn't actually leap up and answer his challenge immediately, without eating first, she was sorely tempted. Forcing herself to go through the meal slowly, she drank a deceptively small amount of alcohol. As she saw it, there were two options; be aggressive and charge head on, with the possibility of losing her calm demeanor and having to use her bending, or give subtlety a shot and let him put her on the defensive, where she was even more dangerous and in control.

Finally finished, she stood, refraining from giving an unladylike stretch, and snatched her bag up from its place on the table, retrieving her weapon from its depths. The cool, solid wood of the nunchaku felt good in her hand. Giving it an experimental twirl, the weapon whistling as it whipped through the air, Shi-Hao made her way to the door, ready to throw down. Kicking butt and taking names; that was her favorite pass time.

Approaching the meditative young man, she let the spinning chain go lax before snapping up both sticks in the same hand. The motion made a loud clacking sound, likely alerting him to her presence. "Are you prepared?" Shi-Hao asked, giving the same smile as before, the grin just barely a hint on her lips. Not that Kaigen would be able to tell, but she was trying very hard to keep her penchant for violence hidden and under control.

Mood: Eager
Condition: Satiated

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:38 pm

In this state that he was in he was trying to do something most Monks wouldn't be able to do, and that was mentally prepare themselves for battle. Combat is also very mental, if one isn't mentally equip for it tend to make mistakes and fall short of the tree. His mind and eyes were clear as his physical vision and he was not one to fall short of anything and that was one of the hidden traits this eighteen year old had never had a problem on. inhaling air through his nose, his mouth still having the content taste of food didn't move particularly but he did raise to his feet.

The pirate boots were something he'd have to get used too, the feeling of his feet felt fuzzy, he was used to wearing no shoes so the connection wasn't the best right now - He also had no weapon in his arms while she did, a critical advantage that controls the flow of this fight. He parts his feet a few more inches away from each other, pulling the right leg forward a bit keeping them connected to the floor - eyes wide open as the people gather around them as they watched the princess twirl them around and he takes his stance realizing it was about to get silly. "Yeah, Oh I don't fall easily when I'm fighting ... Ladies First" he spoke out, they stood at a maybe ten meters of distance, this to him was considered mid-range and on this particularly day he choose a defensive stance on this spar. He'd have to take it easy on her though, unless she start really pulling some slick moves out the hardlines then he'd have to keep up but until then ... ITS GAME TIME BOIIII
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

For just a second, her lips curved into a wicked grin, but then quickly disappearing into a fake pout. "Oh, I do not get to see you on your back, sulking in imitation of a petulant child?" Shi-Hao asked with the air of being disappointed, though there were slightly playful undertones. Loosing one of the two sticks from her grip, she began to swing the nunchaku once again, letting it sing through the air.

Against her better judgment, Shi-Hao abandoned her original idea of letting him begin their fight; she had an opening, and she'd be damned if she wasn't going to take it. Rushing in, she timed her nunchaku swing to coincide with her approach, using the centrifugal force to try and go for a strike at his side. Should it connect without a counter-attack, the strength of the blow would probably knock him off his feet, but she didn't expect for him to just take the hit.

Though she was traditionally trained, Shi-Hao had learned both defensive and offensive styles with her weapon, pairing them both together in a deadly tandem. She was fully capable of blunt force attacks, as well as defensive grappling or blocking maneuvers. While she didn't think Kaigen would be a pushover, she hoped to unbalance him with this technique - though she would switch them up at a moment's notice.

Mood: Eager
Condition: Fighting

Last edited by Shi-Hao on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:03 am

"You'll get to see me on my back again ... I promise" a wink flashed through his body actions as graceful as it may seems. Now he had a few options, but before his options were actually thought out movement was sensed through the power of eye vision. Sliding his feet, both  of them to angle her for a bit of high speed movement, one step forward and the rest was a straight cartwheel completely closing the gap the moment his feet landed safely on the ground, but he was on movement again, doing a jumping flip over the hand that was moving with the weapon - ya know some epic ninja jumping over weapons type ish.

His landing was right on her side, an opening for a bit of counter attack, the air was sliced in harmony as if it was a pattern of movement and indeed it was - Quick jabs straight were thrown on the side of her mid-section, amount is three oh those chi blocking jabs that will make a girl body feel numb and feel funny! But right after that he threw a powerful side kick in the same placement to knock her to the ground. Kaigen was very cold blooded, when it came to combat he kept up every time in training - He actually completely forgot what he originally inteded on doing, he wasn't a pushover and he was going to prove that right now.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Fully expecting him to dodge her nunchaku, Shi-Hao continued with the spinning motion of the attack, spinning herself right along with it. When she stopped, she'd be facing the spot where Kaigen would land from his flip. Then, kicking out against the ground, she put a good foot or two between them, so that his punches would hit nothing but air.

His kick gave her a unique opportunity, however. Grabbing at the second, swinging stick of her weapon, she would sweep out to try and snag his ankle with it. Then, all it would take is a quick twist, and she'd have him hopping on one foot, trying to hold his balance; in the perfect position for her to just flip him onto the ground. Without a thought, she was already moving to perform the hold.

Should the grab not work, she could very easily turn the grab into another strike by loosing one of the sticks and flicking her wrist. The weapon would lash out at his arm, if she was unlucky, or at his side, if she was more fortunate. This was more interesting than she had thought it would be, and these two boys were becoming more and more amusing, as well.

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:26 am

Oh shit! She changed up the game on his ass a bit, instead of stopping or moving out the way she went with the shit. So he changed up the game too, if he thought about it correctly then it meant it was going to come back around and slam on him once she finish the spin. So once he landed on the ground he seen her body movement which showed he would have to cancel for his combo and dodge the oncoming attack of brutal holding sticks.

Jumping in the air with no hesitation he swung a kick with his right leg towards her spinning head which will be her face once she turns right into it, he jumped high enough just to the point where the nunchucks would go straight under his knee, due to his ankle being inwards - due to the posture of his flying spinning kick. The kick should have been enough to make her stumble and possibly trip a bit, which would give him an opening.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:40 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Hesitating, this time, when she hit nothing, Shi-Hao slowed herself, throwing off Kaigen's calculations. Instead, the ball of his foot smacked into her shoulder, causing her to hiss with pain. Rather than stumbling backward, however, she fell into a crouch, waiting for him to land once again, so that she could sweep his legs out from under him before he could recover.

She had taken the first hit, and that made her angry enough to lash out. Forget the sticks; once he was on the ground, she was going to aim a punch at his face. Of course, she knew that he might not go down - however unlikely - or that he might recover quickly, if he did... but she would deal with that, when the time came. For now, Shi-Hao was mad.

Mood: Furious

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:25 am

The first hit was now given in this spar, it was not that much expected - In Kaigen's eyes he didn't expect him to get that first hit to be frank due to his fear of her weapon, then again sometimes a warrior really don't know how good they are until they push themselves a little bit. When he was in the air he felt the air around his body as he spun, his foot actually hit her, though it wasn't that exact spot intended it was indeed a spot that made him change her stance, sadly wasn't good enough for an opening.

Oh but something told him it was for her, as his body descended to the ground he felt a odd feeling, once his feet made contact with the ground he would be sweep ed off his feet, but during the process of falling he leaned backward causing his fall to have some type in his control. As he went down his back hit the ground and he did some ninja flexible stuff as fast as he can, holding on to the earth next to his head with his hands he pushed his legs over his body doing a ninja roll off his back and onto a crouch dodging that punch with that quick roll. He stood to his feet scanning her facial expression pretty much telling him its getting real, he blinked before getting into a defensive stance ... he was just a bit more sure of himself.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:01 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Lips curving into a wicked smile, Shi-Hao started to sway gently from side to side, rocking on the balls of her feet. Then, with a mock-pout, she spoke; "You don't want to play anymore..?" While definitely not manic, her voice did have a taunting, almost sadistic undertone.

This time, however, she would not lose her cool and run in. Her anger made her sharper, it increased her agility, and it made her more dangerous. No; this time, Shi-Hao would wait for him to come to her, and then she would strike. Her plan was a simple one, and maybe it was almost cheating, but she figured it would, at least, force a stalemate.

Mood: Calmer

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 5:11 am

So now the camera is onto the lady dragon face, of course she calmed down to a more understandable phase. The fact that he has became more sure of himself she probably came to a conclusion to ease down for a second, whatever she did emotionally to herself made her taunt him almost playfully in which almost caused him to put his guard down, almost. He balled his fist up almost tightly, there was no high speed movement no special sound or position in the three second wait - just a breather as he made slow movements to get to her - just walking until he was in punching range where he threw three slow jabs to her chest, oh not really for any type of damage just for just a bit of show.

[short I know]
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 5:32 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Blocking each one with a raise of her brow, Shi-Hao stepped backward, to put a little more distance between them. While that attempt was pathetic, at best, it might be a distraction. She was keeping her secrets after all; Kaigen might be doing the same. Keeping her nunchaku firmly gripped in her hand, she started to spin it in her hand, waiting.

"You are capable of better than that... Or were you simply not prepared?" She asked, ready to call off the match, if this was all that he could offer; or, perhaps, to ask Kurokon to step in. Shi-Hao was just bored, by this. Her adrenaline didn't dip by much, but it was deflating her battle buzz, quite a bit.

Mood: Bored

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 5:56 am

So the Lady Dragon caught on to his distraction, he exhale air from his mouth as his eyes went into this hyper focus mode. The sound of her twirling the sticks begin to process in his head as not really action but a bit of something to kick him off the edge. His blood went from blue to gold and the party was officially on, this is what he was afraid of!

The thrill has begin, after the three punches were done and he was ready for his set ups to actually happen "Very well ... lets go!" with those words lingering he had to keep up with those words, hoping she would too he wasn't going to play lightly anymore. He no longer had a fear of what she held oh so tightly in her hands, it was go time baby. He threw three kicks at her, lets dance shall we? Low kick aiming at her ankles came first, then came the thigh kick aiming for her thigh, using his left leg on her left leg - kicking off the combos were to show her what he's working with and to keep it moving he would make an attempt to kick her straight in the face using his left leg also and doing so all standing with much better posture, strength and speed - He's pushing it up a level.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:17 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

While she was able to take a quick half-step back, jerking her ankle back to avoid the first attack, the kick at her thigh hit hard. Thankfully, the strike was aimed at the side of her body, in the direction she was already moving, so the pain was minimal. Shi-Hao recognized a combination attack when she saw one, and so went to her right, trying to move off the axis.

Snapping her nunchaku at his high strike, she would try to wrap the chain around his ankle and then tug, hopefully pulling him to the ground.

At this point, Shi-Hao had stopped planning ahead; she was fully focused on the battle, keeping her movements fluid, and only in the now. Should he fall to the ground, she would move from there. Should he not... then she would deal with that in a different way. Her movements were nearly automatic, now; completely without conscious thought. The entire street might be watching, and she would never know.

Mood: Focused

Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:39 am

There are moments in life where one must ask oneself what just happened. When a small blast of lightning snapped into the ground, causing a loud cracking sound, it registered as one of those moments for most people. For Kuro, it was a signal. "Thats enough. Ive seen enough. You can certainly join." Kuro stated, loud enough for both of them to hear clearly. He had seen the many flaws both had made, the ones that stood out were jumping, and turning around. He knew from experienced to NEVER do either of those things. Unless you could fly, or were that much faster. In a battle like this, a close range fight with two of similar speed, it was nearly suicide to jump or turn around. He learned that when he was very nearly impaled by a spear when he jumped into the air. Not a pleasant experience. Turning around and jumping were mistakes that most people knew better than to do. Kuro personally had to be taught about jumping, but he was still young then.

Other than those mistakes, the fight went as he had expected. His brother should have hurried up. If one was informed about lightning bending, then two things were off about what Kuro just did. For one, there was no great bodily movement, just an arm. Another thing was how natural he seemed to do it. There was no great strain present on him, no focus, just normality. One would be surprised, but most thought he was some master firebender. Too bad none of them had come close to the truth. "I admit, I didnt expect you to go this far without bending" A lie, but the way he said it made it seem like he was reluctant to admit it, which would translate into him genuinely being surprised. "But that spar was sufficiently... informative." He turned his head to look directly into Shi-hao's eyes. His blue/grey eyes seemed to stare directly into her, not wavering as most would towards her body. "You fight well, and can take care of yourself. I expected as much when I noticed you had the build of someone who was at least competent in fighting. You need not worry about my crew, they know better." While it may have seemed that he read her mind, one worry was obvious. She was a woman that would be on a ship full of pirates, who she probably expected to be all men. If there was a woman out there who wouldnt be worried in such a situation, he either didnt want to meet them, or REALLY wanted to meet them. He chuckled.

"As I was going to explain, our crew has plenty of females, we have some married couples aboard. We dont discriminate, nor do we care if you ride along with us to a certain place, or if you actually want to join. Some people dont want to fight, merely see the world. I may be more of a fighter, but that doesnt mean I dont like to relax." Before, his tone had been sharp, and almost emotionless, now there was a hint of kindness and overall happiness. "Im not a barbarian, but I couldnt be content as a mere civilian, and I dont like taking orders, so pirating and exploring were the two main options. I combined both into one, and this crew came about. Let me ask though, do you want to join fully, or do you just want to come along for a bit?" He doubted she would join completely, knowing only what he said about the crew, and not knowing whether it was the truth. He knew it was true, but could she trust him? He doubted it. Then again, he was a cynical, paranoid, and sarcastic bastard.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

"So you are a bender," Shi-Hao turned to Kaigen, giving the air of being surprised, herself, "The both of you." Her gaze then returned to Kurokon, "It seems that you still have me at a disadvantage..." There was no way that she was going to admit her bending abilities without a good reason.

Then, for her answer: "I will accompany you, though it will be on a temporary basis, for the time being. I mean no disrespect; I simply do not know where I am going, myself, as of now."

It was true enough, though she did want to see the Water Tribes. Shi-Hao wasn't sure where she wanted to end up, once this was all over. Going back to the Earth Kingdom wasn't high on her list, except, perhaps, to sell her family's estate. Being a pirate might, at least, be interesting - she would need earth to bed, out at sea, however.

Condition: Calming

Back to top Go down
Kurokon
Kurokon

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:20 am

Kuro narrowed his eyes. The way she trailed off at the end of her statement about being at a disadvantage meant something. It could be she straight lied, she could have been a horrible bender, or perhaps out of her element. If she was out of her element, she was a waterbender. If she was a horrible bender, her nunchuck skills made up for it. If she was just lying, which was most probable, being that it was nearly too obvious that they hadnt earned her trust yet, then she could be any bender. He didnt dare jump to conclusions about her outfit, he himself looked a bit like a water bender if one took outfits as facts. "Intadesting..." He always loved saying it like that, gave him a strange accent that he couldnt place. "Well, if you wish, I should probably lay a few ground rules down so you dont get confused." His tone was jovial and rather polite, if not reserved. It was almost obvious he was trying to figure her out entirely. He could do it with several people, but she was skilled with words, how skilled was up for debate. She had revealed a bit just by her silence, but she could have wanted to reveal such, and test whether or not he caught it. Or maybe he was just being paranoid, cause he really needed to stop that. Seriously.

He shook his head. "One major thing everyone on the ship follows, except of course me and Kaigen, who is my first mate, is that NO ONE enters the bottom room. What happens there is none of anyone's business. It doesnt matter what sounds come from it, never go there unless I actually ask you to. It may not seem important, but some things in there could probably kill anyone but me and Kaigen." She didnt need to know he was serious about that last part, not just because of skill, but also because of certain things the two brothers were immune to, that others were not. Got to love genetics. He shrugged. "Other than that, dont kill anyone, and mostly we are good. If you want to spar, ask Kaigen or, if you feel up to it, ask me." The way he said it would normally make most think that he was the better fight. He wanted to see just how skilled with words she really was. She didnt need to know that they were probably close to the same level, if not on it. She also didnt need to know that his style was particularly more lethal. Swords struck you, you either loose a lot of blood, a limb, or your life. Lightning? Well, the less said about that, the better.

Kuro grinned, regardless of her fighting, and word skills, she was interesting. She was young, strong, and smart. Even more so, she was looking for passage to a place most wouldnt dare go. It was strange to him, and he found himself curious. He often loved to examine people's personalities to further his understanding of psychology. Well, it wasnt really psychology as it was manipulation skills. Granted, he didnt really manipulate his friends unless to save their lives, but he stilled liked learning about people. Even without her strength and skills, he had little doubt he would still be curious as to her personality. What made her so reclusive about several facts? She carried a weapon, wore a green outfight, and was seemingly paranoid. Those facts alone usually meant her life would make for an interesting story. He shook his head of those thoughts, the way it was worded sounded insulting, but Kuro genuinely liked to know people and their pasts. Hopefully she would prove as interesting as she seemed, perhaps more so.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Giving that same full-bodied laugh as before, Shi-Hao held both of her hands up and shook her head. "I know far better than to pick a fight with a swordsman," She indicated his katana with an amiable grin and a playful tone, "Let alone a lightening wielder... You would need to give me quite the handicap, Captain." The term for his position was used quite genuinely.

Her eyes were nearly shining, but she wouldn't admit to being a bender, unless she had no other choice.

While the younger brother still seemed a bit goofy, despite their fight, the older was definitely a more complicated puzzle. He knew that Shi-Hao was hiding something, and she knew that he knew. If nothing else... keeping the knowledge from him would be entertaining; as little as she liked to admit it, Shi-Hao had a stubborn, competitive streak.

Condition: Calming

Back to top Go down
Kaigen Shikyo
Kaigen Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 am

The fight was stopped and instantly the younger brother from the seas when another girls heart by kicking her ass! No not quite? Not at all? Oh well his older brother stopped it like a prick, he was jealous that's what the situation was. Anyways Kaigen zoned out a bit of times as his brother rambled on as usual due to him being the captain going over stuff that probably needed to be gone over but a mother freak in person like the younger brother was of course. So she seemed interested in the skills that the two held, Kurokon having his ways of fighting and Kaigen actually never fought how he did he usually had lots of confidence and it just flows - He was nervous everytime he saw those at the temple. Anyways it ended with him speaking with some quick words before the topic contiued and we leave!

"I almost got serious . Uh Great job, your pretty good ... maybe next time you'll get me on my back"

[Short]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we cant have nice things.   Why we cant have nice things. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why we cant have nice things.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next