The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Joining a thread and a few other things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pal Li Jeon
Pal Li Jeon

EXP : 75

Character Description
Position: Southern Water Tribe Member and Scrimshaw Carver
Nation: Water Tribes

Joining a thread and a few other things Empty
PostSubject: Joining a thread and a few other things   Joining a thread and a few other things EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 am

I just had a few questions and thoughts so I thought I'd put them here and I hope this is the right place for them!
First, I'm still looking for a profile pic, is there any kind of time limit on how long that should/should not take? Are profile pics required?

Second, and a bit of a bigger deal, joining a thread. I read the thread encouraging newcomers to join existing threads and I'd like to do that, but before I start hitting up people at random and asking them if they want someone to join in their RP, I thought I'd just blanket-ask, does anyone have a particular interest in adding a weak waterbender/decent guy with a spear to their group/thread?

Related to that, I was thinking of starting a thread to get my character from Southern Water Tribe to either the Earth Kingdom or Fire Nation in a plausible, in-character way, as opposed to just hopping into a pre-existing thread, where I have to think about how Pal got to where he is now, but if I'm going to start in SWT I think I'm going to try to 1. contact anyone in SWT who might be heading to other parts of the world at large, and 2. ask a Mod about a plot idea that I have for Pal because honestly without a kick in the right direction he'd probably stay in SWT territory his whole life, and there's nothing wrong with that it would just make for a slow RP! Smile

Third, I'm looking at the template with a little trepidation but am willing to give it a go. If I can't figure it out is it permitted to just put a link to my profile in my signature instead?

Again, I hope I'm posting all this in the right part of the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joining a thread and a few other things   Joining a thread and a few other things EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:41 am

Profile pics aren't required. I'm an admin and I don't have one.

Go ahead, start out in the SWT and then RP your way over to some place with a thread. That's actually encouraged. As for plot, we don't really have any site wide plots happening, it's all just character development.

Sure, put a link in your signature. Again, I'm an admin and I still haven't figured it out.

So, blah blah blah, blah.
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

EXP : 2700
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Murderess
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Joining a thread and a few other things   Joining a thread and a few other things EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Great Resources for Character Creation and Profiles

^ That's a link to a thread that is pretty helpful. There's only like three posts, so don't worry, it's not painfully long! (:

Also, if you're looking for a thread to travel from the SWT to the EK or the FN, try hooking up with another new character. I believe that Alohi is one of our newer members, and I think he's SWT. Try talking to him about a thread. (:

And your signature is your own. Do what you will with it!

Hope this was helpful, lol! Oh, and by the way, you did post this in the correct thread, so no worries. (: If you have any other questions, be sure to post them either here, or PM either me or one of the other site staff! I'd be happy to help!

~Noko
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Joining a thread and a few other things   Joining a thread and a few other things EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh, and we have an "in transit" forum that you can post in when you're traveling between two places. So remember that for when you're character's going to another location. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joining a thread and a few other things   Joining a thread and a few other things Empty

Back to top Go down

Joining a thread and a few other things
Page 1 of 1