The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Chance Meeting

Go down 
+2
Mieko
Tsuyoshi
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mieko
Mieko

EXP : 1505

Character Description
Position: Traveling Pilgrim
Nation: Fire Nation

A Chance Meeting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Mieko set down her empty mug, hard. "Are you looking at me Kross" she snapped. The black makeup around her eyes make her gaze as piercing as the sharpest swords. There was a silence for a good ten seconds. "Least you know to look for the beautiful women". Mieko sneered, her response was unexpected to say the least. But it was a grant-less jest, it didn't mean anything. "You can make up for your slight by buying me another ale".
Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

EXP : 950
Birthday : 1991-04-18

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Zander Kross

“You consider it a slight to be gazed upon?” He asked, seeming to make no moves to fufil her request or apologise. “Besides I was simply looking in your general direction AND I don’t have the money to pare to buy a drink for everyone I look at” He said the second part even quieter than his usual tone.

At the same time he was taking he gently kicked out his leg towards Tsu just to strike him gently as a warning. ”Kids, don’t do anything but cause trouble. Especially the rich ones.” He mumbled to himself. As a monk who grew up with nothing and a traveller, he never really had much wealth and was glad for it; he saw how people became when they did have it, doing jobs for them.

Since the direction of his eyes were the topic he decided to lean back in his chair and look up to the ceiling in the hope that it would just change. He really did hate attention. He glanced to the door considering just leaving. There were a lot of people here.

Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1995-07-02

Character Description
Position: Noble Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu burst out laughing at the exchange, though in the inn it was hardly heard. He looked around briefly, and was promptly kicked. He didn't really feel it, as it was so gentle, but it made him laugh all the same, these people were amusing, they would be alright to travel with he guessed, if they did indeed end up travelling together.

"Well, I may have a lot of money, but I am not taking a lot with me on my travels, I don't see it as being totally fair, and I don't want to come off as a snob. Being haughty is the last thing I want, but while we are in Gaoling, go buy the woman a drink, tell the barkeeper to put it on the Hayashi tab"

There, that should do for an apology, unless they took it as a slight.... Oh dear.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Mieko grinned wide knowing the man was lying, but decided to save him some face by not joining in. "If Tsu is paying than I'd be glad to fetch my own drink". Mieko pulled her legs up to the bench, kicking off with a hand on the table to roll over upside down. She stuck the landing, and didn't disturb anything on the table to much. "Off to beer I go"! Mieko trotted off back to the bar to fetch a round for the table, shy one alcoholic one for the boy.
Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Zander Kross

He couldn’t help but turn his attention back to Mieko as she spoke and left the table. He was glad that he didn’t have to get up and go to do anything; he was not good at situations like this, dealing with other people. He let out a sigh adjusting his headband and gloves just to make sure they were still in position.

He looked at the strange assortment especially at the mostly silent fire nation member. “So… why is it that you won’t be taking money on your travels, Tsu, who exactly will it not be fair on?” he asked to try and keep things focused on the boy rather than himself.

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

EXP : 1523

Character Description
Position: Traveller

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Hirako just sat there trying to read them under the table he played with a mini ball of fire twirling it in his fingers he thought about everything that was going around him everything seemed odd about this bar...It was not about the amount of people in it but most of them seemed to have the same attitudes about them. Not everyone was though occasionally one would stand out more than others but not by very much. Hirako thought these people were fairly different from the others he had seen in taverns across the fire nation. The capital of the fire nation which he is most likely wanted in the capital here there were peaceful hard working people but in the fire nation it was much different. Soldiers roaming the streets guards in every village that were fairly strict about the rules unlike here they were more of a friendly type. A small smile grew on Hirako's face.
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu looked back over at the man who kept altering his clothes, which was another argument to why Tsu didn't wear as many clothes as other people. He noticed Hiraku's smile as well, good, at least he could smile.

"Well, for one it creates a risk of being assaulted for money, and I cannot do with all the fuss, it is just tiring. Plus I want to see how people who don't have life served up to them lived, it should be interesting"

They were asking a lot of questions about him, and not towards themselves, interesting.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako looked at Tsu and said "You are a very smart man." Hirako took a sip of his drink that was no where near empty for he had completely forgot it was there. Hirako looked as people left the bar and waited for Kako to maybe call him back to training he was fairly eager to learn some more but seeing as he was doing some errands it would most likely take a while. Hirako made the ball go away and he made two smaller ones playing with them in his fingers.

Mood: Happy
Condition:Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 am

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu blushed at the comment. He wasn't the most intelligent person, but he did try sometimes. Plus his metal bending teacher had told him to do so. He noticed Hirako looking around a lot, smiling. Tsu didn't think much off it, but he did say this.

"Who are you looking for, Hirako?"

A simple, harmless question surely. Tsu noticed that the sun was going down. He sighed slightly, he would pay for their rooms if they wanted he guessed, the patrons dwindled down in number, until their table and only another few remained.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Zander Kross

Kross kept his attention on the room itself rather than the people talking, he wasn't too intereested in what they had to say it was unlikely they would say anything of interest. He was starting to be able to relax now that it quietened down and emptied out. He didn't like the though of having to stay here longer than he needed too. Rest, then go and meet the contact tomorrow. It was impolite to show up early never mind at the contacts hideout but it couldn't be helped, he had a strange feeling.

After a deep breath he stretched and yawned, standing up, picking up his bag and slinging it over his shoulder with a few clinks. quickly sorting his clothes. Headband and arm wraps. his arrow was visible on one but only a little and very briefly. He nodded his head to those at the table. "It was... something... But I really must get some rest now." he said a little awkwardly before backing away from them and heading over to the barkeep. "Excuse me?" he said politely, not really looking at the man while he reached into his bag. "How much is it for a room?"

Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu looked around at the now practically empty bar, and nodded slightly, yes, it would be closing time now, and the actually taverns would open soon. He looked up at Kross, and listened as he spoke. When he asked for a room he laughed slightly and said.

"Go to the top floor, there are four rooms, pick one of them, except the one with two beds, and the one with my things"

The innkeeper looked over and nodded at Tsu. He kept the nicer rooms empty for the patrons that could afford them. And this would be Tsu's last night in luxary, so he smiled and nodded Kross, and the others up, if they chose to retire now.
Tsu himself stood up, and walked up the creaky stairs to the top floor, which was slighly more decorated than the previous two floors. He walked to the room at the end and sat down. A small bag of supplies, that fitted on a belt, was at the bottom off his bed. He curled up without the covers, and fell asleep for the night, until they departed later.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Kako Anthropos

A piercing scream could be heard from outside the inn, one that was strangely cut short halfway through. The door to the swung open, and as usual, a mildly inebriated Kako Anthropos stepped through, whiskey on his breath and look of stern disapproval on his face. Spotting his apprentice, he strolled over, taking a seat next to him. "We need a new way to get to Ba Sing Se. Negotiations with the Sandbenders broke down." He sighed, and motioned to the bartender."Get me a glass of water and some Dragon's Piss ale." Once it was delivered, he took a swig of the ale, only stopping to clean off his hands with the water.

After finishing the ale, he wiped his mouth with his sleeve, and sat back. "So unless you fancy taking a stroll across the desert we're stuck here until we find some other way across."

Mood: Irritated
Condition: Ever so slightly drunk

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako smile turned into a little frown. "Well that sucks..." he took a sip of water, "Well we might as well make ourselves home." Hirako said as he fiddled with the ball of fire. He looked around at some people who were in a heated argument he couldn't really make it out. Then Hirako started fiddling with the balls of fire again.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Mieko returned with two glasses in each hand. Three ales, and some drink made of fruit they have around here she figured Tsu would of liked. Some big loud guy had just burst in to the bar and demanded drinks for himself, than sad down with the others. "Did it occur to you big guy that you can SAIL to Ba Sing Say, and probably make just as good a time"? She laid the drink out to the others. An ale for Kross, Hirako and herself, and the odd one for Tsu.

Mieko sat down where Kross had been, since the big guy had made Hirako move in to hers. "So Hirako, whos your friend"?

Last edited by Mieko Ruzhang on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako grabbed the glass and looked to Mieko "This is my master, he teaches me fire bending." He sipped his ale after he said this trying to not give Kako's name being one of the most wanted men in the fire nation. Hirako did not trust this woman with Kako's name, this woman was obviously from the Fire nation aswell.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu woke up, hearing a lot of noise downstairs. He grumbled and rolled over out off bed. What could that possibly be, a dragon?... Oh well. He opened his door and headed downstairs.
He walked over to his new friends? Friends, maybe. He kicked the floor and flicked his wrists, creating a chair for himself, he sat down and looked around.

"Ok, who is the old guy, and why are we all so loud..."

Tsu grumbled, before looking around at them all. He did not like being woken up, though he was alert quickly he did not like to wake up.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Kako wasn't as worried about his name as his student seemed to be. He was a wanted man, but this woman did not seem to pose a serious threat. If she were a high ranking military officer, he'd probably have heard of her. So the chances were she was just a traveler. "I'm Kako, and although we could take a ship, it means sailing around the Earth Kingdom, which definitely takes longer than going through it. Besides, Earth Kingdom ships and crews are unreliable."

Kako signaled to the innkeeper for another ale. "Assuming intruding into private conversations isn't your primary occupation, what brings you to Gaoling?"
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Hirako Hokuma

"He's not an old man!" A surge of anger filled him at Tsu's comment. But the anger surpassed and he felt normal again as he looked down at his glass. He sipped his drink. "Sorry for getting mad I just don't like you calling my master old..." Hirako said as he looked at two people passed on their chairs.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:02 pm

"It's faster to take the desert if the Sandbenders will ferry you, but walking through it is easily twenty times slower than taking a ship, if you even live. And even if you get a lout crew they'll still probably get you there in one piece.". Mieko sipped her drink casually. She thought she knew that name of his, Kako. Somebody with it, maybe.
"That would not be intruding if I was already seated at this table before you barged in hollering like a Hog Monkey for drinks old man. I was just getting some for us". Another old man jab Hiroko wouldn't like. She took an even longer drink through this interval of her reply. "Now that last bit. Guess you can call me a traveling pilgrim. I've no destination though. I'm on a quest to find my place in this world on the advice of a dead friend". She lowered her voice somewhat, "And maybe find myself". The half empty mug found a resting spot on the table. Mieko would of gone on about something to do with Firebending, maybe something else. But memories of Qim flooded back into her mind. Her eyes looked towards the mug, distracted and half closed. She tuned out the sounds of the tavern, old memories took hold of her focus.
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako didn't understand this woman sure she was a bit annoying but really interesting at the same time. Hirako could tell that she was deep in thought because of her half opened eyes and that she looked so still. Hirako looked down at his mug and thought for a while on what she said sailing would be faster but Kako proved a fairly good point. He still didn't like everyone calling Kako an old man but he ignored it as Kako said if you can't control your anger you can't control your bending. So he held it in more for practice thought Hirako as he took a sip of his glass.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Kross had not left to go upstairs yet, he was watching all of the people talk. He felt comfortable enough with these people to at least talk to them and it was quiet, and Meiko had rejoined them... that last factor alone was enough to make him consider staying up longer. He wrestled with the thought in his mind before going to rejoin the group, its not like he had to make use of his room since he wouldn't be paying. He would have to be nice to Tsu, it was the least he could do, and it was never bad to have a rich, generous, earth bender as a friend. and using people for his own good was not beyond him.

He rejoined the group but didn't sit, simply stood nearby, so that he could see Meiko at all times, she was the only one out of the lot worth looking at after all. "If you cant make use of the sand benders. And do not wish to sail, your best option is to join a trade caravan heading up that way, they have pack animals and carts usually and it beats walking and they are more than happy to let benders travel with them as it keeps bandits and thieves away." He shrugged, He had traveled between the two a few times, but always over land or in the air. "Sea is probably the best option though, but more expensive, in my experience anyway."
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu looked around, and had a particular interest for the newcomer. He must be a master firebender to be sure, and he didn't look all that... Sane. He would have to remember to keep him relatively calm with him, he wasn't ready to challenge Master grade benders yet. He listened to them all talking, and while they did so, he produced a map of the world as they knew it.
He looked at where they were, Gaoling. Last time he went to Ba Sing Se his metal bending master had arranged a trip over with the ever so fickle sandbenders. He should learn to sandbend, it could turn out useful. he guessed. He spoke up now, for the first time since he sat in the chair he made.

"All of your options would work, there are several paths on foot we could take. For example we could from here head to Omashu, then from there we could skirt the desert and cross a body of water to Gaipan. From there it is a straight shot to Ba Sing Se, but that is one option"

He was looking down at the map, forming many different routes in his head.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako gave Hirako a quick look of approval, as if to say "nice job with rule two." He considered this strangers plan, it would certainly be easier to just bypass Omashu altogether, but he was a little worried about how his apprentice would fare with such a journey. Besides, he seemed to have made some buddies, and he certainly knew the value of those. He wasn't particularly bothered with being called old, as he basically was anyway. He was, however, rather encouraged by Hirako's anger, as he knew it could be channeled into firebending should it need to be.

So far, Kako approved of the young one's plan, the other's wasn't as desirable, but would work if needed. The soul-searcher was proving to be rather obnoxious, but he could certainly put up with it. Kako linked his hands, resting them on the table and leaning forwards. "Your plan certainly works, and to be quite frank I've seen to much ocean these past weeks. However, from the way you've phrased things, you intend to travel with us. If that is the case, i'd very much like to know who you are. I'm Kako, by the way."

Mood: Fine
Condition: slightly drunk

Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu looked up when the man who named himself Kako... He had heard that somewhere, oh well, it did not matter much. He could tell he thought him some kid who was just going because he thought he should, that was not the case. A man learned about the world is wiser than a man who did not travel at all.

"Well, I am Tsu Hayashi, son of two nobles here in Gaoling. I am heading to Ba Sing Se to see my metal bending teacher. Then off to see the rest of the world, perhaps. And it is safer to travel in numbers, even a Master such as yourself could end up needing our help, maybe."

He looked back down at his back, and with a finger lightly traced the route he thought might be best to take, he was open to opinions however.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Hirako smiled at his masters comment and aswell as Tsu's he thought about raveling with more people it did seem beneficial. Although Hirako was still trying to read these people like a book he trusted them some-what as long as they weren't out to get him he would be fine. Hirako didn't really want to travle by sea he was not fond of it. Traveling by land would be more fun he thought of it in a way to see the world for it's beauty. Even though some things in the world can be horrible Hirako wanted to see everything he could and even better he's making friends. Which isn't a specialty of Hirako's. He also didn't want to pick the route because it was probably better if someone else would these lands are different from the fire nation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next