The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Madness Comes to Gaoling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daikon
Daikon

EXP : 1180

Madness Comes to Gaoling Empty
PostSubject: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:05 am

Daikon

It had been a productive first night in Gaoling.  Daikon had already sent his four acolytes: Chaos, Entropy, Discord and Anarchy, on a few errands for him, to prepare for the grand scheme he had been planning.  Feeling quite bored sitting all alone; he decided to take a brisk evening walk.  The aftermath of said walk was a little old lady who was out a little later than she should have been, drowned in a shallow fountain in the middle of town.  As well as a couple of city guardsman who violently killed each other as a result of wild, maddening and torturous hallucinations.  There was also a certain city lookout, who died a painful death after having his eyes gouged out and rammed down his throat.

Daikon cackled as he recalled the events of the night.  “That should hold me over till morning,” he thought to himself.  “I think I’ll go see how the good people of Gaoling react to my work tomorrow,” he said with a smirk, taking his mask off and laying it next to his bed.  He lay back and with a maniacal cackle exclaimed, “Fear not good people of Gaoling… Daikon is here to set you all free!”

Mood: Murdery
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

EXP : 975
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:45 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

A recent surge of crime... this was odd, but not unheard of. Naturally, Aveline, as guard captain, got all the gory details in between. Some of them had her shaking her head in disgust. The odds of them being all by random people just did not seem to fit. So... she dug deeper.

further investigation of the various crime scenes brought up interesting results. True to Aveline's suspicions, they seemed to be connected. That meant that there was a serial killer on the loose, and judging on the way some of these poor souls had died... this was some sort of psycho.

Particular interest was paid to her own men who had killed each other. They had been drugged, and Aveline wanted to find out with what. This was surely the kind of creation that could be linked back to someone in particular.
This was therefore what she'd be spending most of her evening on,. If she could find where this drug was coming from... she could perhaps find her killer. She had already learned, (after a while of research, along with help from more seasoned experts of these fields) that it was not sold standardly... this was some sort of home brew...
Mood: Suspicious
Condition: Healthy
Link: Aveline

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:44 am

Daikon

Daikon had awoken early, and choosing to go outside without his mask, he walked through the town, watching intently as the town hummed with news of his handiwork.  He got as close as he could to the crime scenes, listening intently to what the guards were saying.  It wasn’t long before it came to his attention that the towns guard captain was a young woman by the name of Aveline.  From what he gathered, she was highly capable and exceptionally good at her job.  This intrigued him greatly and a plan started forming in his mind.  It wasn’t difficult to find out where she lived, she was quite loved and respected in town.  All he needed to do now was to brew a special acid, and send Chaos on a special little mission.

Late that evening, Daikon set his plan in motion; he made his way to the home of the guard captain with intent to break in.  With one look at her house, he knew she was a metalbender.  “Well someone’s awfully paranoid aren’t they Miss Aveline...it’s quite alright though…you should be!” He whispered, as he used his special acid to eat through a small window frame round the back of her house.  He made no sound whatsoever as he entered. Daikon knew that if she had expected someone to be gutsy enough to break in to her house, it would have been much harder for him.  He carefully looked around, wanting to know as uch he could about her.  It wasn’t long until he found her in a room working on the case.  He stepped into the light, with his terrifying mask concealing his face.  He made sure he was just out of reach of her.  

“Do you like my new drug?  It has interesting side effects like turning people rabid and giving them wild hallucinations!” He began, before immediately continuing , “Now before you try to kill me, know that if I do not return to my accomplice in fifteen minutes, she will kill…ummm…about twenty small children that she ‘borrowed ’ from houses around town!” He said, ending off with a sinister cackle.  "May I have seat?"

Mood: Intrigued

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Most people were naturally startled at hearing voices when they perceived they were alone, and Aveline was no exception. She jolted, whirling around in her chair. the mask was somewhat unnerving, but Aveline was tough and for the most part, fearless. She was in mid-thigh shorts and a tank top, for she had come home with the intent of retiring to bed soon.

"I cannot say that I expected this." she shook her head. "Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?" she demanded. She remained seated, and made no movement to reach for anything, but had her eyes fixated on him.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 5:47 am

Daikon

“Well how rude!” Daikon said, in reply to her demanding tone, “is that how you treat guests, it’s no small wonder you live all by your lonesome… ” he remarked as he stepped toward her.  “I took the liberty of perusing through your things, and let me just say it’s a charming house!  Security is a bit too tight for my tastes though…but no matter, to each his own!” He explained, “But enough about you!  I believe introductions are in order!  I am Daikon…but I believe you know me better as the guy who murdered all those people last night!  Speaking of which, you really need better maps in this town!  I got lost twice!  You have any of those complaint forms?  I can fill one out on my way home?”

He chuckled maniacally and continued.  “As to why I am here, I simply wanted to tell you, don’t waste time investigating these murders…they are nothing compared to what I have planned!”

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

"Then you will know to tread carefully." she did not feel the need to explain why. the stone floors and walls would explain it enough. She heard him out; wordlessly, stoically. You could hit Aveline's will with a metaphorical wrecking ball, and the wrecking ball would shatter.

"So you come to me with the intent of practically turning yourself in, and at the same time try to tell me to step down? You are confused if you think it is that easy. Do not waste my time."

She did not feel the need to brag or warn about her skill in catching and stopping criminals. She was not one that could be extorted, bribed, or swayed once she had her mind set. It was part of what made her such a beloved guard captain. She was firmly rooted in her righteousness without becoming a hypocrite or a bleeding heart.
If she ever need to remind someone of her skills, she would not do so by warning them or telling them. She would do so by showing them.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Daikon

Daikon watched Aveline intently as she spoke, studying her every movement, her every change in pitch.  She had become a player in his little game, and he was intrigued.  “Turn myself in?  Oh no, I have a tight schedule to keep, and lots of murdering to do!”  He laughed, “Remember?  Fifteen minutes or the children die?  Why come to think of it, I hope I don’t get lost again! That might cause me to be late!  You really should have better town maps! ”

He paused and seemed to stare at her for a second, before continuing.  “And about stepping down…where would the fun be in that?  I was just telling you it would be futile…but I still want you to try and stop me!  It’ll be fun!”  He paused again, staring once more.  He knew she was a strong woman, she hardly flinched at the sight masked man in her house late at night, but he was curious to see what would get to her, what would make her hair stand on end and just what made her tick.  With a slight grin, he began speaking again:  “Wow…did you know you have the most spectacular green eyes?  I have a pair JUST like them in a jar at home…ah, fond memories!” he sighed happily, “Their owner didn’t want to give them up so easily, but she and I eventually reached…an agreement.  Maybe one day soon, I’ll have yours?” he chuckled, leaning closer to her.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:26 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline gave a very dramatic and very real eye roll. "then if you're really in such a hurry, I would suggest getting the hell out of my house."
No, crazy or not, Aveline's home was her castle, and she did not take friendly to unwanted trespassers.

"I do not need to tell you whether I will fail or succeed. I do my deeds by showing them."
She had lost plenty in battle, which had helped her desensitize herself a bit, but she also remembered an old fable from her childhood about a girl on a beach full of starfish that had been washed up. The moral of the story was that while she could in no way save all of them, she could make a difference to the ones she did save.

at this final comment, she leaned her head back, a look of total disgust on her face, and a lack of words as a reply.
Mood: Disgusted

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:44 am

Daikon

Daikon noted Aveline’s dramatic eye roll.  “Oh now now my dear Aveline, I’ll be on my merry way soon enough.  Pity though…I would jump at the chance of sticking around to see just what makes you tick…your fears…your greatest failures…your darkest secrets…but all in good time my dear, all in good time!”  He laughed.

Her next comment brought a smile to Daikon’s face, though it could not be seen through his mask.  “That’s the spirit, I didn’t expect any less from the no nonsense guard captain Aveline!  You’ll have a chance to show me what you got real soon!”  

A huge smile, impossible to see under Daikon’s mask, creased his face when he saw her reaction to his ‘compliment’ of her eyes.  She was clearly disgusted and didn’t respond, it was just the reaction he wanted.  He leaned forward as she leaned back, purposely trying to invade her personal space and keep her uncomfortable, of course he was ready for anything she might attempt, he had her pegged as a fighter right from the start.  Suddenly his voice went low, and became very serious.  “The time for Gaoling’s reckoning has come,” he said with supreme confidence.  “The inhabitants of this town will die in the chaos that I will unleash…you will try to stop me…and you will fail.”  He slowly stood upright again before continuing.  “Four days are left…four days for anarchy, chaos, discord and entropy to be let loose on this town.”  Daikon slowly began stepping back into the shadows, dropping a small hissing capsule on the floor, “and on the fifth day…it will all…end…”

His final word was interrupted by a loud hissing sound as Daikon vanished into the shadows, behind a cloud of thick, black smoke.  He wasn’t stupid enough to linger any longer, he left Aveline’s house as fast as he could, weaving his way through the city streets, making sure he wasn’t followed.  He finally arrived at the small abandoned warehouse where Chaos was keeping the kidnapped children.
“Oh!  Daikon you’re back!” exclaimed the young firebender excitedly, “just in time too!  What do I do with them now?”  She asked, gesturing to the children.  Daikon walked past her in complete silence, disappearing into the shadows of the far end of the warehouse.  Finally out of the dark, his unfeeling voice softly said.  “Kill them…”

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline shook her head. "your only concern will be falling to the long arm of the law." was her replying warning. Had she been a bit more base and honorless, she might have just strangled him on the spot. It was clear that, even if he was not a bender and even if she did not use her own--she looked like she could easily snap him in two. He would likely see this, given that her arms were bare to the shoulder and her legs bare to the thigh.

As he leaned forward intrusively, however, she struck back, grabbing him by his collar.
"Know your place." she warned, throwing him back. unless he purposely let himself fall down, he would stay on his feet, and if he did fall backwards, he'd hit a solid stone wall. there was nothing fragile or breakable behind him.
The more his spiel continued, the more she was about ready to abandon her standards and just kill him in cold blood. her fists subtly tightened, knowing that if he was being honest about his hostages, that they were doomed from the start. She knew well people like this; they would try to extort her in various ways, trying to break her and promising that if she broke, they would release their hostages or pay her great amounts of money or whatever else. None worked, for she knew the minds of them.
It was actually part of what made Aveline so prestigious, and why she was so good at what she did. It almost seemed that people were drawn to her; trying to break her indomitable will. However... none had succeeded, and none ever would.

after he disappeared, she surveyed the damage of her house, making a few swift movements with earthbending to ensure that it did not happen again.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:47 am

Chaos

Early mornings in Gaoling were always so quiet. The birds still nestled in their trees didn’t make a sound, and not a soul could be seen wandering the streets. But the streets were not completely deserted today. Guard patrols had been increased three-fold due to the recent murder spree in the city. Apart from the increased guard, a small figure moved about outside amidst the thick morning mist, quiet as a mouse. The exhausted guards were oblivious. Unbeknownst to them, danger was lurking very close nearby, in the form of one of Daikon’s acolytes, Chaos.

Chaos, nimbly navigated through the streets and alleys of Gaoling. Using her experiences and training as a circus acrobat to evade detection. She finally arrived at her destination, the guards sleeping quarters. There were only about three or four guards in the bunks, but that wasn't why she was here. She pulled a barrel out of her pack large enough to fit a flying lemur or fire ferret inside, and placed it in front of the guard house’s door. She paced back a little, and took a deep breath. “Guards! Help me! He’s got me!” she shrieked loudly acting the part of an innocent victim of one of Daikon’s heinous crimes.

The guards began waking up, and given the recent murders, they were all on edge. They all raced to the door, opening it to find a lone woman, staring at them with a maniacal grin. The last thing they would have remembered was a flash of light before they were obliterated by the explosion that ensued.

The barrel that chaos used was filled with one of Daikon’s highly volatile materials, and the instant the guard house’s door open, Chaos ignited it. The result was a massive explosion which would have shaken half the town. But that wasn’t all; Chaos used the enormous energy of the explosion, bending it to her will she directed it into the guard house, filling every nook and cranny until only ash and bones remained. She began chuckling to herself as she absorbed the residual heat, fueling her power and energy. Chaos knew exactly who was coming, Daikon had told her the night before when he gave her his instructions. And until Aveline showed her face, many more people were about to die.

Mood: Excited
Condition: Powerful

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:17 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline was of the sound belief that no one actually *liked* mornings, but that people simply tolerated them because they couldn't sleep through them.
Well... and there was always some insolent asshole that would want to make everything miserable for everyone else, including Aveline.

She had an idea of who it was before she had even arrived. Arriving at the scene, groggy but awake, and dressed in her uniform, all she found was wreckage. She knew that this was no ordinary criminal, and knew that regardless of what evidence he tried to plant here, that this was his work. Few people in Gaoling were as sadistic as her recent guest.
And to be honest, while she preferred to stay within the bounds of the law, order was what mattered more to her, and so if restoring order meant going above the law... then so be it. Justice and Righteousness would still prevail in the end. Aveline just did what she had to.
Condition: Groggy

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 5:44 am

Chaos

Flames gathered around the young and surprisingly powerful firebender as she waited for her prey, and she didn’t have to wait long.  Soon Aveline arrived on the scene, and without any other guardsmen, just what the young firebender wanted.  “So you are the new little slut!?” Chaos shouted maniacally at the guard captain. “I don’t see what my sweetie sees in you at all Lady man-hands!!” She continued, the flames around her growing drastically larger as she got angrier, “but for some reason he has taken interest you…but after I kill you, he won’t care anymore and I will be his favourite again!”  She shouted as she launched two massive and continuous jets of flame at Aveline.  “He left you know, said something ‘came up,’ told me to watch you but not interfere.  But he isn’t here right now, and after you have a little accident he will forget all about you and your little city will miss out on its chance of being purified!”  She screamed over the roaring flames as she continued channeling it at Aveline.

Mood: Jealous

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline groaned. It was going to be another one of *THOSE* days. She was uninterested as the little parrot-monkey jabbered away at her with weird and petty insults. Maybe that was just the morning talking to her and her body was shutting it out in favor of rather wanting to go back to bed and sleep in after the events the previous night. But... there was business to handle.

Effortlessly, albeit with a groan, Aveline brought out her shield and sword, instead of using earthbending, and used them to deflect (or in some cases ricochet) the blows back at her assailant. she might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but she was old and reliable and made up for this in skill and practicality. She stayed on the defensive, not using any bending at the moment, for her skill with the shield and sword sufficied as she kept her face locked onto her enemy's. After a while of persistence though, she decided that she was getting sick of this shit. So, without a word, she stamped her foot, causing the ground to gave in all around her. if nothing else, it would make this girl lose her footing, which would be all the time Aveline needed to seal the deal or perhaps get this fucker to run off with her tail between her legs.
Mood: I'm too old for this shit...

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:34 am

Chaos

Chaos couldn’t see what Aveline was doing behind her massive jets of flames, but she was gleefully imagining the guard captain being utterly consumed by fire.  Aveline, however, was not the run of the mill guard, a fact which Chaos instantly realized as the ground beneath her started to rumble and quake.  She lost her footing, but thanks to her training as a circus acrobat, she flipped over backwards quiet daintily before pirouetting gracefully around to face Aveline again.  

“Oh, I see you are the strong silent type huh?” said the maniacal firebender as she began to charge up another attack.  “You will have to try better than that, or I am going to cook the skin right off your bones!”  She cried out, launching another immensely powerful rage fuelled attack at Aveline.  Appearances might have been deceiving but all of Daikon’s acolytes were all very powerful benders, experimented upon by Daikon himself with varieties of drugs and brainwashing techniques which caused unnaturally powerful and extremely unstable bending.

Mood: Jealous

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:23 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

"Protect what matters with everything you have, or you'll have nothing, and deserve it."
Those were words that Aveline lived by, and that was why she was here. Her guards mattered. Order mattered. Justice and the well-being of this society mattered. That was why she was here at the crack of dawn in combat.

"Waste of life... but not my choice." was all that she said in response, not necesarily even very loudly. She was not exactly the pinnacle of speed and agility, but she was solid and knew how to stand her ground and shrug off some hits. years on the battlefield had made her... oddly resistant.
Aveline's shield was also designed to not just block projectiles, but also deflect them to an extent. It was for this reason why she had it out, bashing it forward and sending a few of the offending fireballs back at their creator. Aveline's skills and body were like a weapon--forged and tempered, seasoned with years of combat for maximum effectiveness. She was not going to back down and was not going to give up. She was ready to fight to the death, and so with a surprising burst of agility, she shot forward (thanks to bending the ground beneath her feet, ramming towards the firebender using her shield at the front, and striking with great force.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 6:44 am

Chaos

Chaos kept channeling her jets of flame whimsically; she had no doubt in her mind that she could beat this brutish guard captain in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately it was the worst mistake of her life.  Aveline’s shield deflected some fire back at Chaos which she easily absorbed, however, when Aveline charged forward, she pushed back the full force of the firebender’s attack.  Chaos screamed in agony as her own flames engulfed her in an instant, only to be followed by a thundering shield bash which sent her flying into a nearby cabbage cart.  
The Firebender lay motionless between the splintered and smouldering wood for a moment before coughing loudly.  “F-f-fuck you,” she wheezed out at Aveline, with utter hatred burning out her eyes. “Daikon is not a normal man….you cannot win…he is chaos incarnate…his mind comprehends all…he cannot die…join him or all you love will be taken from you…he will burn your world to ashes…” she muttered before she fell into an uncontrollable bout of coughing.

Mood:Hateful
Condition: Dying

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:07 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline's trademark "Shield Bash" was why she carried a metal shield, despite the fact that it could be thwarted if a rogue metalbender ever attacked it properly. But at the same time, they would not likely have time for that.

Aveline stepped towards the pitiful wretch of a woman, and in the goodness of hear heart, didn't kill her until after her speech had finished. She was then summarily executed, Aveline plunging her sword through the woman's chest. That was one down, and four to go, one of which being Daikon himself.
"Waste of life, but not my choice..." she shook her head. She did not feel the need to continue lingering here, and so would return to her post and report this incident to the authorities. Otherwise, her work here was done...

And yet... was it? that woman's words were somewhat haunting. He had clearly done the same thing to this madwoman's life, and who knows how many others? Would he enslave her? No. Aveline was much too strong for that. Who else did she have though? No one at the moment, but she wasn't sure if that would change or not. If she ever did marry... well, would her children be safe?
Perhaps this Daikon's influence was something to take seriously after all...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madness Comes to Gaoling   Madness Comes to Gaoling Empty

Back to top Go down

Madness Comes to Gaoling
Page 1 of 1