The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

EXP : 1185
Birthday : 1995-05-31

Character Description
Position: Earth Kingdom Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] Empty
PostSubject: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

With a smug look plastered on his face, he doused the bright embers engulfing his palms, helping the Earthbender to his feet before bowing in respect.

"Thanks for the fight, it was one of the best I've had in a while." He smiled at the Earthbender before parting ways with him. The young man was at the mountain village of Gaoling, wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. He let out a sigh of relief, adjusting his scarf and dusting off his jacket. The orange in his mixed eyes glowed in the sunlight as he began to walk down the road.

"That's another place to mark off on the world." He muttered to himself, his scarf lightly blowing in the mountain wind.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Craver531
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Gaoling was always an interesting place for Zulera to visit--or to revisit, or for a variety of reasons. She was a woman of mystery, and one that was very hard to track or follow, given the complete lack of pattern she had with her travelling methods.

She stood out rather nicely, given her dark blue clothing among a sea of mostly green and brown. She occasionally passed by a fellow waterbender or someone dressed in blue, but today, she was not even walking around with a destination in mind. she saw mostly earthbenders, the occasional airbender, a waterbender now and again, and even a few firebenders. Zulera was different because of how she dressed. Shew as barefoot, but wore the same armored gloves that a lot of Water Tribe warriors wore, and the rest of her clothes were loose and baggy. None of her exposed skin revealed any of her many tattoos even.

She sat down by an old fountain, leaning back and letting the water hit her scalp and forehead without actually letting herself fall in. She enjoyed the water, but the reason for this seemed fairly obvious.
Condition: Perfect
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

The young man moved along the the road, taking a deep breath of the cool mountain air. While he enjoyed the warmth of being bundled up in clothes, he enjoyed the coldness of the air all the same. The feeling of the outside air filling his lungs before swiftly exiting was a somewhat, purifying sensation. It brought peace and calmness to him, especially after a fight.

He continued down the road until something caught his eye, something that stood out among all the green. She was dressed in a dark blue that fit rather nicely with her darker skin. Clearly Water Tribe. The woman was resting upon an old fountain, letting it wet her forehead. His eyes began to wander, examining the woman's features, from her chest downward, following her curves, down her legs. He tilted his head to the side as his eyes reached the end, his bangs falling to cover his shameless staring.

"Barefoot, eh?"

Mood: Enamored

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera's own bangs fell into her face with a shake of her head. she could see others through them with ease, although people could not always so easily see her. Advantages like this were pleasing to Zulera.
The outdoors also had a considerable impact on the little Avatar. she stretched her arms out happily, taking a big breath of that delightful air. She cared nothing for what anyone around her might say or think. She did what she wanted, when she wanted.

Zulera's clothing was exotic and enticing simply because it kept so much hidden from the eyes. So much of Zulera's shape and musculature were concealed behind the fabrics, eaving so much to the imagination. however, what was visible of her arms, as well as the pretty face half-hidden behind the messy hair, was a story of what might be under all of that--a teaser, if you would.

"barefoot." she nodded after hearing someone address it to her. cocking her head in their direction, she politely and curiously asked "and who might you be?"

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

The man's eyes widened from behind his bangs, his cheeks reddening slightly. "That was outloud?" He thought to himself, using his hand to remove his eyes from their hiding place. His mixed eyes still gazing at the woman from the Water Tribe, her bangs now hiding her's. The firebender was a little upset at that, he wanted to get a good look at the blue in her eyes.

"Call me... Raiu." He spoke hesitantly. Raiu was caught off guard a little at her immediate notice of him. "So, what brings a Water Tribe girl so far from home?" Raiu inquired, walking up to the woman. He smiled at her, noticing how compact she was as the distance between them closed.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

If Zulera noticed him staring, she did not react. If she didn't... well, it seemed that she hadn't, or that she didn't care either way, luckily. While there was nothing unnatural about Zulera's eyes, they were vivid, electric blue that almost showed through her bangs a little.

"A pleasure, Raiu." she smiled. "I'm Zulera Joanna Tallarico of the Southern Water Tribe."
it was a bit more formal than she usually did, but she did not mind a formal greeting. she did have to tilt her head back just a little as he got closer because of her height difference, but she definitely wouldn't say a thing about that.

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

Raiu couldn't help but chuckle at the woman giving such a formal introduction, "If I knew we were being that formal then would've done the same; I'm, Okashi Nokoraiu of the Earth Kingdom." He smirked at her, "And the pleasure is all mine." Raiu was not one to give formal greetings, he'd much rather give his nickname and be done with it. However, poking fun at a formal greeting? Couldn't resist.

Raiu's head eventually tilted downward when the gap closed between them, keeping what would be considered eye contact, if he could see her eyes that is. Perhaps he caught a shimmer of blue through her bangs for his smirked formed into a small smile. "So, 'Zulera Joanna Tallarico of the Southern Water Tribe,' what brings you all the way out here?"

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:52 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera liked her name, which was why she had no problem giving the entirety of it. the place of ehr origin was just because it rolled well off the tongue, and she had no qualms with people knowing things about her. She was a seemingly simple woman who had little to hide from people who asked. This sort of honesty had gotten her far.

"the pleasure is yours then." she giggled, playing along. Zulera was random and spontaneous, and she was just as likely to laugh as she was to simply remain silent. She was simple in appearance, but at the same time was horrendously deceptive in this way. She was actually very difficult to figure out, mostly because few people could really understand just how chaotic she was.

"hmm..." she pondered his question. "to be honest... I don't know. I was simply wandering... and I wound up here. It's funny how that works now, isn't it?"
She had a very calm and soothing voice; the kind that would make for a beautiful and melodious lullaby. However, other than her gentle words, she was rather quiet.

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:39 am

Okashi Nokoraiu

"It is funny, I was wandering myself when I came to this place." Raiu took a moment to think to himself, "It's been a while since I've been home, how long have you been away from home?" He questioned. Raiu was rather interested in Zulera, which was odd for him. Afterall, they just met, and not in a way he would consider graceful. But, at the very least, he was talking to her naturally. He would like to think so anyway; girls were the most difficult to deal with sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Well..." Zulera cooed, "as an Avatar used to say: 'sometimes the best adventures begin by wandering; or by a chance meeting.' I find that those are nice words to live by if I say so myself."
Zulera never enjoyed telling people up front that she was the Avatar. To bring it up out of the blue made her feel like she was asking for some form of special treatment or something. To subtly drop hints and lead people on that she knew who it was though... now that was entertaining.

"it's been a while, although I tend to call a lot of places home. the last time I visited my birthplace was about 3 months ago. I couldn't stop myself from coming here; Gaoling is a wonderful place this time of year, wouldn't you agree?"
Incidentally, Zulera's favorite season was winter, but she enjoyed a bit of every season and the differences in the environment that each had to offer.
"and what of you? are you from around here?"

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

Raiu took a deep breath, letting the cool mountain air fill his longs again before responding, "I love the winter time, especially because I can warm myself whenever I want." He smirked, crossing his arms and heating his hands to warm his arms and consequently his upper body. Firebending had it's uses outside of combat, this was one of his favorites.

Raiu let Zulera continue as she asked him another question, "I'm from the Earth Kingdom, just not here..." Raiu answered, "...born in Omashu actually. I left a few months ago but boy does it seem like such a long time." He liked his life style back at home, always had a challenging fight with his father, always had his mother's antics to make him laugh. However, the urge to explore the world, find new challenges, meet new people, were all very enticing and Raiu couldn't resist that.

It was how his mother met his father after all. Who knows? Maybe Raiu will fall for someone the same way. That is, of course, implying he could ever actually understand his deeper feelings. That's always been a problem for him, to love someone. Sure, he loves his parents but he's never loved anyone beyond that. One could say he doesn't actually know what it feels like to love.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she chuckled. "that's a pretty nifty little thing." she indicated, and then produced a couple of flames on her hands to try it herself. "aye... I could see that being useful indeed. Granted, I'm resilient to the cold anyways given my origins, but I suppose that's beside the point."

"You know what they say," she remarked in response to his 2nd comment, "time flies when you're having fun, no? Gaoling is a pretty place. a lot of the area around here is."
Having seen much of the world, Zulera could actually say with reasonable accuracy which places she liked and which she didn't. She had travelled a great deal of the world for various reasons, some more necessary than others, and so her experience was considerable, to say the least.

She had met many colorful people on her journies; some she had even loved, although they had all disappeared as surely as they had appeared. it was sad, really, but Zulera continued to roam freely without much in the ways of concerns. There was no point brooding over things she could not change.

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

Raiu stammered a bit at the sight of a woman who was clearly from the Water Tribe, dark skin, blue eyes, blue attire, firebending. "So... one of your parents is a firebender then?" He asked. He was puzzled. Sure having parents from different nations isn't anything new, Raiu himself had parents from two different nations. But to see someone who looks so, pure blood, being the complete opposite in terms of bending was a surprise.

The cool wind blew by the two, Raiu's scarf gently flowing with it. "So when did you find out you could bend fire?"

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"my mother's a pure-blooded waterbender... but my father might have been. I never really knew him, to be honest." It sort of bothered her that she didn't, but there was nothing she could really do about it, and so she'd just mention him in passing like that. She tried not to care.
The element of surprise with her bending abilities, however, was something that she quite enjoyed doing, just for fun. She was not really one to boast, or even to show off unless asked specifically to or given a good reason.

"well, I was discovered to have that ability around the age of 5... but I only started learning it when I was about 18; about the same time I was wrapping up earthbending."
She was a master at the first two elements (Water and Earth) and proficiently strong in the other two (Fire & Air). But, she figured he'd put 2 and 2 together and figure out who--or rather, what--she was.

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

Raiu's face changed from confused to surprised to total understanding in a matter of seconds. While that happened he also opened and closed his mouth several times, trying to form words. It wasn't long before he looked right at her, laughing with a hint of nervousness.

"You're the Avatar. Of course you are, why wouldn't you be?" He spoke a bit disappointed in himself for not picking up on it sooner. "Now I feel even worse for juat blatantly checking you out."

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I guess I am." she chuckled playfully. She never really minded the title a whole lot, and despite her confidence and otherwise cool and collected air, she was actually rather down-to-earth about it. "don't worry though--lots of people check me out, most of them blatantly. It's nothing I'm not used to or can't handle."

stretching, she turned to him. "so how about you? any secret crushes? I'm not one to judge... I turn my head a bit and stare when I run into pretty people. I appreciate that sort of thing, after all..."
It was true. it had been a mentality she had gotten from her mother. It was also why this same woman was not ashamed to remove her shirt sometimes. She knew she was pretty and had nothing to be ashamed of.

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

Raiu's face lit up red at the Avatar's question, his eyes widening slightly. "Secret crushes?!" He stammered with his words, pulling his scarf up a little to hide his blush. "I can't say that I do. What about you?" He asked in response.

Raiu was thrown off a little by her question. Sure it wasn't out of context, but he wasn't expecting to be asked that either. As for hiding his face with the scarf, it was something he started doing almost as soon as he got it, mainly around girls. It sort of became natural for him as he got older.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Can't really say I do either." she shrugged. "besides, it seems that because of who I am, everyone somehow knows what I am doing or who I have associated with. it's a curse, really." she chuckled.

Zulera was definitely an odd figure. Anyone who did research on Zulera Joanna Tallarico would soon find that she was certainly not an innocent woman in many regards, and that she had played favorites in the recent wars, even. She might have improved the well-being of some people, but in the process had ended lives and made other lives miserable. manipulation and intrigue ran deep in her family, after all...

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

"A curse, eh?" Raiu scratched the back of his head. "I can see how that would be a curse." he chuckled.

Raiu was interested in the little Avatar; she manged to be rather intriguing in the little time he's spent talking to her. She was attractive too. However, he couldn't help but recall how they started talking.

"So why the barefoot?"

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"to never get a moment's rest?" she chuckled, exaggerating slightly, "because everyone wants your attention. aye... definitely a curse." Despite this complaint, she did not seem agitated by it, instead remaining calm as ever.
Really, perhaps the greatest strength found in Zulera Joanna Tallarico was that there were few things that could shake her from this stable calm that she possessed. What these things were, she would definitely not disclose.

"it's a habit I picked up among the Air Nomads and the Earth Kingdom,: she replied, "the Tekina-Kaze in the Eastern and Western Air Temples go barefoot, and a lot of earthbenders do it too. I find it comfortable sometimes, and so I do." she wiggled her toes, wondering if that had answered his question.

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

"I should go to one of the Air Temples sometime, how are they?" Raiu asked her another question. The Avatar had gotten him rather curious at her adventures. It would seem that she had been all around the world, something Raiu would love to do. If there's one place he would be absolutely excited to though, it would be the Fire Nation. It was where his mother was born and she told him how amazing it was there.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"well, it depends." she explained, "their cultures are now almost as diverse as the Earth Kingdom." near-total genocide seemed to have that effect on a recovering race.
"The Southern Air Temple is the most traditional still; in honor of Avatar Aang," she began explaining, "the Western Air Temple is the most dedicated to the art of airbending, and it is where many masters go to train or hone their skills. The Northern Air Temple is home to some of the more mech-savvy people around, and they're always trying to build and invent things both for the Air Nomads and for others. The Eastern Air Temple is the birthplace of the Tekina-Kaze, the closest thing the Air Nomads have to an actual army, and by spirits, they're good at what they do."

Not everyone knew of the Tekina-Kaze, although for most people, the mane would at least ring a bell. Zulera knew them well, and was well-acquainted with their leader and founder, no less. "so I guess it depends what you want--traditionalists, masters, inventors, or warriors." she chuckled, referring in order to Southern, Western, Northern, and Eastern Air nomads respectively. Even then, these were just trends, as maybe it was just Zulera, but she seemed to notice and run into Airbenders just about everywhere. Perhaps they were much more truly Air Nomads now.

And of course, she had been to most parts of all four nations before, and so any place he wanted to hear about, she could probably describe.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]   The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gaoling Adventures [Zulera]
Page 1 of 1