The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

EXP : 960

Character Description
Position: Healer; Shaman of the North
Nation: Water Tribes

A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Amaji sighed to herself as she plucked a few deeply violet leaves off of a brightly colored tree. She crushed them in her palm and sprinkled them over a slimy mixture, before bending the mixture onto the wounded soldier's shoulder.

He winced, mouthing a small "ouch" and she smiled at him apologetically. She took a deep breathe, closed her eyes, and bended water against his shoulder gently, washing away the mixture. The inflammation around it had gone down and was now not such a violent red as it was a calm pink, and she nodded to herself before pulling it away from itself to inspect it closely. It was a good thing her eyesight was not going bad, for she would not have been able to see the small little specks of dirt inside.

Before she began to heal his shoulder, she must make sure that nothing inside of the wound can cause infection, especially after it was sealed. She snaked a small tendril of water inside, trying not to touch the inside of the wound for fear of causing the soldier pain, and then quickly cleared the dirt out with a swift motion. The pain he must have felt would have been intense, but it was over quickly.

He inhaled sharply and slowly exhaled before saying, "I appreciate this, thank you. Forgive me for prying, but what is a gifted waterbender like you doing in the Earth kingdom?"

She smiled at him kindly. "I am here because this is where I am needed most, as is apparent by how many wounded people come in here everyday." She answered vaguely before toddling off to collect more leaves for his slimy salve.

She hummed an old Water Tribe lullaby to herself, her memories bubbling to the surface. She was running away from the angry shop owner, as she had just given him a bit of counterfeit money. She clutched the small Water Tribe beaded necklace in her fist, and smashed into a small girl. A girl of eleven, maybe twelve. The small girl's eyes began to swim with tears, and Amaji had bent over to pick her up and brush her off, apologizing quickly. The beads had fallen out of her grasp, and a swift girl, most likely in her early twenties, swooped down and took them before grabbing the small child's hand and pulling her away, and they ran off together. Amaji had been angry at this, and had given pursuit...

The bell rang at the front of her small garden apothecary, and she was snapped out her memories.

Last edited by Amaji on Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

EXP : 2221

Character Description
Position: Cool Chick
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Zehir

Zehir had had a wonderful morning. It was spent in solitude in the fields around Chin Village. The venom of the Rat Snake was a great paralyzing agent, and Zehir had been seeking an easy way to make escapes without needing a lethal blow for a while now. The freezing of joints caused by the venom would be a perfect way to leave assailants in the dust. She relished in the midday sun that beat down on her head with such persistence. The sweat showed the perseverance required to capture these snakes. They lived in the tall grasses and spotting them first was much harder than with other species. She parted the plants, on constant watch for the slither and slide of her prey. The day progressed, and she'd earned three bottles of venom by noon.

"Just one more," she said to herself. Four was always a good number of supplies she thought. She usually needed three, so four was a good buffer. She searched for the last serpent, painstakingly parting the plants with every step. Finally, one of their slick and scaly heads appeared! Zehir struck the snake with her hand, going for a grab as fast as she could, but the snake was somehow faster this time. The snake hung on her forearm like an ornament for a total of five shocking seconds. The serpent wouldn't use the same amount of venom that Zehir would be using on her enemies. It used enough venom to stop a bird or mouse in its tracks. Zehir would boil and concentrate her venom down to a super serum fit for humans.

This meant she was not instantly paralyzed, but she would need to hurry before her limbs froze up, and she was stuck in a field to die of thirst. She shotgunned through her pack, fervently searching for an antidote, but she realized she'd never stocked up on it. It was such a simple one too, just a common herb. Zehir moaned, the disappointment was too much. She picked up her pack and began walking to the town. Running would only move the poison through her veins faster. She stressed the entire walk that she'd seize at any moment. When she got to the town she quickly asked for a healer, her social anxiety taking a back seat in this time of emergency. About a third of the way away to the local healer she noticed a serious slackening of joints and slowing of her limbs.

"I'll make it. I'll make it. I'll make it. I'll make it..." she repeated it all the way there like a mantra. Even if she didn't make it, everyone would noticed the frozen girl on the ground, but she preferred if that didn't happen. She walked up to the healer's business and immediately rung a bell with urgency. When the old healer reached her, Zehir held up the swelling snakebite with hysteria in her dilated eyes.

"Rat Snake bite." she said with urgency.

Mood: Flustered
Condition: Poisoned

Back to top Go down
Yun Reyes
Yun Reyes

EXP : 200

Character Description
Position: A Traveling Preformer/Young Firebender
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:20 pm

The young pale women ducked in the small garden apothecary. Her hair, as usual, was wild, and right now more so because of her current situation. Her breathe was labored and her forehead was beaded with sweat.

"Dammit" she mumbled under her breath. "I guess I took it a little to far that time" she chuckled after that statement. She had a reputation for taking it to far and messing with authority figures. She knew she shouldn't given that she was a refugee criminal of the fire nation and all but hey sometimes there were moments that you couldn't resist.

It's not her fault that the guards were sleeping with their mouths open. Besides she has an impulse to mess with people, so she figured putting a few drops of nasty pond water in his mouth wouldn't be that big of a deal. But, it turned out that it looked like she was trying to "poison" him and apparently she looked "suspicious." She probably would have been able to talk her way out of it except one thing. she kinda sorta called them controlling swine who should rot in hell.

Now she was on the run and getting caught was not an option but hiding out in this apothecary was. She turned to see that she was interrupting a healing session "Oh, Uh...my bad" she replied. "I am no one of any importance, keep going. I just need a place to rest." she put on her most winning smile.
Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Amaji clicked her tongue with distaste before leading the young girl to a small cot in the midst of her garden behind the counter. The ceiling was made entirely of glass, giving the place a warm and welcoming aura, and she hobbled off to go retrieve the simple herb used to heal rat snake bites.

"What were you doing in the fields, child?" she asked, setting the leaves of the herb on the snake bite to draw the poison out. "Most are not foolish enough to go near those, especially during the summertime when the snakes are quite active and fiercely territorial." She pulled the leaves off of the bite and inspected it closely before bending water onto her hands and pressing them against the wound. Her hands began to glow, and the wound slowly began to seal, leaving two small pink puncture marks.

Her head turned as the door opened again, and a pale woman hurried inside, mumbling something, before noticing the patients and Amaji. "Oh, uh...my bad. I am no one of any importance, keep going. I just need a place to rest." She said.

"If it is rest you seek, then come back here and lie on one of these cots." Amaji answered, indicating the cot near the soldier, who was now slumbering.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Zehir

Zehir was about to reply to the chiding that the old healer gave her, when a woman interrupted. She waited patiently for this person's problem to be resolved and then responded to Amaji.

"Well, I was there hunting the snakes for their venom actually. Kind of my job, I've never been bit. It was kind of shocking actually." Zehir's normal social anxiety was quelled by the soft healing the woman provided. A caregiver was someone Zehir was sure she could trust and was one of the few people Zehir would confide in easily. She still talked with a lot of sudden stops, but her stutters and shaking were greatly reduced. The venom probably helped too. She slipped into the ease of the conversation, relishing how normal it seemed. She seemed to be healed quickly, but she was curious about this woman and her line of work. What was it like to use things that helped people instead of harming them? It would be a great study in antidotes too, she guessed, and botanical healing would be a useful skill for Zehir out in the wild and after battle. She wondered if a woman like her would need help. She looked quite frail, maybe she needed someone around.

"And...I have a small question. Would you mind an apprentice? Just for a while? I would be interested in...learning your skill." She looked down, afraid of rejection.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Yun Reyes
Yun Reyes

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm

She sighed in relief. Thank god she is not suspicious of me she thought.

"Thanks" she grinned "Your a kind person, but then again I bet you have already been told that quite a few times" She was laying on the charm thick. She really needed this place to hide and if someone was kind enough to offer then she was more than happy to oblige. She walked over to one of the cots and plopped onto it.

Despite the place being filled with sick people it was actually pretty calming. You know minus the whole "How many people have died in this room? feel." While on the cot she noticed that the old women was healing the young women. Yun was in awe, healing was something that never ceased to amaze her. I was something so different from her art of fire bending. Although she did enjoy fire bending she always wondered what it would be like to be able heal. But she soon shrugged the thought off. Healing took way to much patience, which is what she just did not have.

"How do you have the patiene to do that?" the women inquired.

She ignored the women being healed, the question was not for her.
Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:04 pm

"Well, I was there hunting the snakes for their venom actually. Kind of my job, I've never been bit. It was kind of shocking actually." The small girl said. Amaji nodded at this before hobbling to the soldier and placing a cold wet rag on his forehead, as he had begun to slip into an uneasy sleep.

The pale woman with wild hair came inside and plopped onto the cot Amaji had indicated as the small child said, "And...I have a small question. Would you mind an apprentice? Just for a while? I would be interested in...learning your skill."
She looked down. Amaji toddled over to a flowering plant with a slight wilt and splashed some water onto it using her bending, before looking the small girl in the eye.

"I would be delighted to have some company, child. Tell me, though, what is your name?" She smiled. This was exactly what she needed--someone to keep her mind off of her past, so that she did not give in completely to the insanity threatening to overtake her old mind.

"How do you have the patience to do that?" The other woman asked. Amaji gave the woman a small smile and answered, her eyes twinkling softly,

"Oh, it comes with old age, my dear. Trust me, when I was young, I was quite restless."
Back to top Go down
Yun Reyes
Yun Reyes

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Her mouth dropped open and she laughed. Her laugh was one of joy and slight amusement. If she was restless and lived this long she might have a shot after all Yun thought to herself.

"Sorry for laughing" she apologized. "I just found it amusing is all. I mean you restless?" she smirked. "If you were once restless then I must be as tame as they come." she chuckled again.

Calm down Yun you might offend the women her conscious (which decided to speak only when inconvenient mostly) chided. But it was right, she did not want to risk offending the women and get thrown out back to the watchmen.

When she snapped out of her thought she heard the old women reply to the plain girls question;
"I would be delighted to have some company, child. Tell me, though, what is your name?"

"Yeah, I was wondering that to." Yun sat up and held out her hand "My name is Zhou"
That's a nice name, I wish it was my real one
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Zehir

Zehir would love to hear the old woman's stories, and they sounded like they'd be exciting based on her childhood personality. She seemed like she had quite an interesting past. Zehir would have to pry carefully, she didn't want to intrude.

She watched the proceedings closely. It seemed the other woman was a bit sarcastic, but she didn't seem all that funny. More just...mean. To Zehir at least, she didn't like any kind of verbal meanness though, no matter how small. She didn't voice it though, and her face remained patient and plain.

She smiled when the woman agreed to let her be an apprentice under her.
"Sounds great." she said calmly. She looked around and decided it wouldn't be so bad to stick around here for a while, take a break from her more dangerous life. After all, most people would be in Zehir's favorite state-- unconscious.

The attention was shifted to her as both women asked for her name. "My name's Zehir." she said as she reached over to shake Zhou's hand. What is your name though?" she asked, her question directed at the old healer.

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:13 am

"What is your name though?" Zehir asked as she shook Zhou's hand. "Amaji, dear child." She answered, nodding to Zhou to indicate that she heard the name and that it was nice to meet her. She looked at Zehir's arm once again, nodded to herself, and then hobbled off and started pruning various plants.

"Hungry, anyone?" The old woman asked, toddling into a room in the back and coming out with a large pot that she could barely wrap her arms around and smiling. "I make a mean vegetable stew," she said with a twinkle in her eye as she plopped the large pot near some plants and began putting various ones in, without really waiting for an answer. Perhaps it was some secret power of old ladies, but you could never say no to their cooking once they decided that you needed to eat.

Back to top Go down
Yun Reyes
Yun Reyes

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Yun rolled her eyes. Okay, fine ignore me. Yun hated people who judged her before they got to know her. Granted Yun was a little opinionated and sarcastic but she was actually being nice to this person. At least the old women didn't mind.

"Hungry, anyone?" The old woman asked, toddling into a room in the back and coming out with a large pot that she could barely wrap her arms around and smiling. "I make a mean vegetable stew"

At the mention of food Yun's stomach growled a little to loudly. "Thanks" she smiled and grabbed a bowl of stew. As she brought the bowl to her lips her mouth was bombarded with flavor. Wholly Smokes! she thought This is delicious! And slurped the rest of it down quickly.

"Thanks for that" she said handing back the bowl. "But I need to get going." I wish I could stay but I have overstayed my welcome in this town.

"Good Luck to both of you." she said waving as she exited. She resisted the uge to add a snarky comment about being ignored. No need to give her more of a bad impression

With that Yun stepped out onto the street and slunk away to her house, soon to be evacuated.
Back to top Go down
Yun Reyes
Yun Reyes

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Yun rolled her eyes. Okay, fine ignore me. Yun hated people who judged her before they got to know her. Granted Yun was a little opinionated and sarcastic but she was actually being nice to this person. At least the old women didn't mind.

"Hungry, anyone?" The old woman asked, toddling into a room in the back and coming out with a large pot that she could barely wrap her arms around and smiling. "I make a mean vegetable stew"

At the mention of food Yun's stomach growled a little to loudly. "Thanks" she smiled and grabbed a bowl of stew. As she brought the bowl to her lips her mouth was bombarded with flavor. Wholly Smokes! she thought This is delicious! And slurped the rest of it down quickly.

"Thanks for that" she said handing back the bowl. "But I need to get going." I wish I could stay but I have overstayed my welcome in this town.

"Good Luck to both of you." she said waving as she exited. She resisted the uge to add a snarky comment about being ignored. No need to give her more of a bad impression

With that Yun stepped out onto the street and slunk away to her house, soon to be evacuated.
Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Amaji smiled as Zhou took the bowl, and she passed one to Zehir as well. Zhou slurped it down quickly before handing back the bowl and letting them know that she had to leave.

"I do hope you'll visit again sometime, child. Good luck to you as well, and may the Spirits protect you." Amaji answered, and the woman left.

Amaji went into the back to put the bit pot of stew back on the stove, wanting it to be hot when the soldier awoke, for he was sure to be hungry. Shoving a log into the oven and kindling the fire up a bit more, her memories sucked her back down again.

"Stop, you stupid girl!" She screamed at the young woman. She had been chasing her through the streets of town, and now she was headed for the bridge--the bridge that was going through repairs, and didn't exist at the moment. The woman continued, towing the child along, thinking that Amaji was trying to catch them and harm them. "Stop!" Amaji shouted. The girl finally saw what Amaji had known was there, and stopped, but the small one kept going and fell into the river below, screaming. The screaming ended after they heard a splash, and there was nothing they could do at that point. The young woman turned towards Amaji, a look of utter hatred on her face, and ran at her, screaming a battle cry with tears running down her face...

She snapped out of it, small pearly tears falling gently on the floor. She wiped them away and came out of the back room and began fumbling with a plant, pulling off it's ripe fruit. She took a deep breathe, fully composing herself to make sure no one knew something was amiss. She turned to Zehir with a slight smile on her face. "Well, when would you like to begin, my child?" She was eager to get started.

Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Zehir

Zehir thanked the woman for the soup and ate it slowly. She always ate slowly, she liked to savor the meal, but it sometimes came off as rude. She watched the woman walk back into the kitchen. She was curious about why, so she walked over to the door that separated the back from the hospital and garden front. She observed the woman putting the soup back on the stove, seeing her put more logs in to heat it up. She looked behind and realized it was probably for the soldier, who was the only other person here. She turned around to see the woman in a standstill. She— well she wasn't moving at all. Zehir watched for a creeped out minute as the woman stood there in perfect stillness. Maybe she was just good at holding still, but Zehir didn't even notice a shiver or a hand movement. But wait, were those tears? She watched the tears move down her face and fall to the floor. Zehir was overwhelmed by the strangeness and could not work out a solution. The woman snapped out of it, and Zehir fled back to the front, picked up her soup, ate a mouthful to show the pass of time in her soup, and put on a face like nothing had happened. She stared at her soup.

"Well, when would you like to begin, my child?"

Zehir looked up, pretending to be a bit startled by the sudden sound. She pretended to recover with a smile of her own.

"I think I could start right now if you like,"

Not only did Zehir really want to learn more about the methods of healing, but she was also curious about the strange stillness she'd observed. She hoped to find out more about both.
Condition: Great

Yun, please don't metagame. Your character has no knowledge of the snap judgments my character made, and Zehir made no actions that made those perceptions visible.
Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:44 pm

"I think I could start right now if you like," the girl answered. Well, Amaji always liked it when people were ready to go get the day. She nodded at this, and waved Zehir over. The girl, setting her stew down on the cot, came and Amaji pointed to some small purple berries.

"If you could pick the brightest colored ones you can find, that'd be excellent. They're used for fevers and reducing swelling, and I'm afraid the soldier is going through quite a bit of both." Amaji handed her a small empty bowl, before saying, "When you're finished with that, I'll show you how to mash them so that the sour seeds don't break into it and make it taste worse than it already does."

She gave her a toothy grin and made a motion to indicate that she could begin whenever, and then went to the cot where Zhou had laid and began changing the bedding on it.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:31 am

Zehir

Zehir had some great skills from snake hunting and one of them was perceptive eyes. She could see even the mildest change in movement or color. It really helped see through the camouflage that the serpents valued so highly. It also helped her pick the brightest berries. She looked at all of them with her eyes sharpened to points and picked the best candidates quite effectively. She wondered if the old woman had very good vision. Zehir would be pretty useful if she didn't. She had placed each one in the bowl and walked over to Amaji.

"Alright, I'm ready to learn," Zehir said with the bottom of her eyes perked up to show elation. Just because she didn't smile much, didn't mean Zehir couldn't show emotion. Her eyes said it all.

Mood: Great

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:47 am

Amaji examined the berries Zehir had picked, and was extremely satisfied to see that she did an excellent job. She smiled at her and took the bowl in her hands, setting it down on the table and picking up a small wooden tool that was round on one end and flat on the other. She set the berries out in a line, and then shoved down on them with the flat side at a diagonal, causing the seeds to slip right out. She then placed it back in the bowl and used the round one to grind it to a nice thick paste.

She continued this three or four times, letting Zehir see the repeated motions again, before handing the tool to her. "It is quite easy, once you get the hang of it, child." She said with a smile, and then hobbled away to awake the soldier.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:53 am

Zehir

Zehir watched with determination to get it right the first time. The movement seemed easy enough. When it was her turn, Zehir tentatively hit the first berry and was horrified by the crunch she heard. She'd gone much too slow for the seeds to be forced out. She tried again with more determination and most of the seeds slipped out this time. She kept going, making no mistakes from there on out. She got into a good rhythm and ground the berries into a paste afterwards. She was satisfied with the results and presented them to Amaji.

"Here you are," She said with those same eyes.

Mood: Great

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 am

Amaji smiled at Zehir. "These are perfect, my child. Excellent job," she said, before going to the soldier and spooning a small amount into his mouth. He stirred, groaning, and then fell back asleep. She then straightened, the joints in her back making small popping noises as she did so.

She hobbled towards an insanely bright plant, orange in nature but becoming a bright yellow as it matured. She began stroking its leaves, and the plant seemed to vibrate as she did so. She then splashed a bit of water into its pot, and the plant stopped its strange movements, and she nodded to herself before going to the window and settling herself in a chair, moaning softly as she did so.

She began to nod off, forgetting completely about the young girl. Ah, but that was the old age, causing her to forget things, and a light snore escaped her as she fell fast asleep.

The cry rang out, piercing Amaji's ears, and she barely had time to side step the young woman who was now punching wildly at her. "Stop, stop! You can't bring her back!" Amaji yelled, but to no use. Dodging the woman proved to be an easy task, as she was using no skill, blinded by her tears and sorrow. But when Amaji dodged right into a punch to the throat, she began to get angry. This woman had started the entire thing, the young girl was dead because of her, and now she had the audacity to hit her?! Amaji popped her canteen open, creating her water whip with the water inside, while bending water from the river to create spikes of ice around her, all trained on the young woman. The woman stopped what she was doing just in time to see Amaji release the spikes onto her, using the whip to ensnare her so that she could not move. The spikes entered her with a sickening crunch, and Amaji was snapped out of it, suddenly aware of what she had just done....
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Zehir

Zehir was uncomfortable when the woman fell asleep. Should I wake her up or... Zehir sat on one of the beds with an awkward look. She didn't know how to kill the time really. She looked at the soldier, curious about his past, then looked Amaji. Her past would be much more interesting. She was just wasn't intrusive enough to ask about it though. She gave the pillow by her a little punch, her own limits frustrating her. She stood up and began to look at the plants seeing if she could identify any. She saw a few that could be used in antidotes but besides that she felt very ignorant. Zehir was slowly learning she could be something good, people weren't born to be bad like her family had taught her.

Mood: Uncomfortable

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Amaji woke with a snort, and immediately noticed Zehir admiring the plants. "Oh, I am so sorry my dear. I'm an old woman, you'll have to forgive me for nodding off like that," she said, rising out of the chair with joints popping and a small groan. "Now, how about I make us some tea and we can learn a bit more about each other, hmm?" She smiled, and toddled off to put the kettle on the stove.

When she hobbled back into the room, she pointed to the chair she had been sleeping in, and indicated that Zehir should sit. She then collected a few leaves off of various bushes and went back into the kitchen to place the leaves in the tea, coming out moments later with a tray weighed down by small crackers and treats, with a large kettle in the center and two chipped cups. She set this down on a little table and smiled at Zehir before dragging another chair to the table and settling into it with a small sigh of relief. Her joints were beginning to really bother her.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Zehir

The woman's sudden awakening gave Zehir a small smile. For some reason she found it cute. She politely sat where she was supposed to. One thing worried her, Zehir had never liked tea and she was too nice to say so. She picked up her cup and took a sip. Luckily, the tea was so well crafted that even Zehir enjoyed it's taste, she wouldn't have to act a part. She wasn't very spontaneous, so she waited for the woman to start the conversation. The proceeding moments of silence would be awkward for everyone.

Mood: Uncomfortable

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Amaji sipped her tea and smacked her lips in satisfaction before smiling at Zehir. "Well, I suppose I shall tell you a bit about myself. If you don't feel like speaking about yourself, that is perfectly understandable, as I know that people have their secrets." She said, smiling.

"Hmm, now let's see. I was born in the Northern Water Tribe and grew up with loving parents. I had nine siblings, six brothers and three sisters, and was the second-eldest girl. When I was young, I was a waterbending prodigy. Many believed that I would become one of the greatest waterbenders in history. I left my home in the Northern Water Tribe at the age of fifteen, to travel around the world. At some point in my life, around the age of thirty or forty, I settled down here in Chin Village and have never left."
She said slowly, carefully sidestepping certain topics. Her eyes displayed a true sadness as she was reminded of her early life, where her parents placed her happiness and comfort above even the basic needs of her brothers and sisters.

So many people had expected so much of her, and all she had to show for that was a little apothecary that didn't make much money, because she did not charge for her services. Her life has been full of regrets, and she determined to make sure that Zehir did not learn of them. She would not have all of her mistakes bare to the world, especially to this small girl who had chosen to learn at her hands. It had been so long since she had had company, other than people who were unconscious or only looking for a quick remedy. She was starving for human contact, for someone to talk to other than her plants.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Zehir

Zehir listened with interest, sipping tea as she did. She was a passive listener, and the conversation was not interrupted with the usual uh-huhs or no ways. She just quietly heard what the woman had to say. After Amaji was done, Zehir gave it a few seconds and said, "It must have been hard to have that many siblings," Zehir had picked an odd topic from that little monologue, but she didn't realize, she wasn't very good with conversation. She was just most interested in this for some reason.

"I only had an older brother..." she wouldn't dole out any more than this snippet of information. She ended the thought with a sip.

Mood: Relaxing

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Amaji smiled slightly. "Well, playing sports was always fun, we always had enough players," she said with a light laugh. "Although it was sometimes hard, it definitely made us all stronger." She added with a grim smile, before looking over at Zehir and quickly changing back to a cheery disposition. "And if you don't mind my asking, what is your brother like?" She said, sipping her tea and picking up a small cookie, dipping it in the herbal mixture and nibbling on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next