The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zehir
Zehir

EXP : 2221

Character Description
Position: Cool Chick
Nation: Earth Kingdom

A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Zehir

Zehir looked up, her eyes getting their anxious tinge. "He's...nice...," Her face sunk down to the table. He was not nice. She remembered the beatings and torture she went through, all at once the memories came flooding back. The cup of tea she was holding began shaking noticeably. He had taught her everything she knew though, and she would be nothing without him, but the cost was not worth it. She barely felt human anymore. She looked up at Amaji, her eyes pleading for a subject change.

"Prodigy bender, huh?" her eyes glistened.

Mood: Scared
Condition: Great

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

EXP : 960

Character Description
Position: Healer; Shaman of the North
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 pm

"Prodigy bender, huh?" Zehir asked after a half-hearted comment on her brother. Amaji noticed the slight change and realized that she'd touched a sensitive subject. She reached over and patted her hand consolingly before answering, "Oh, yes. I had mastered all forms of Northern waterbending at the age of fifteen, which is why I left to go around the world and study. Especially when I was young, I had a thirst for knowledge that was quite aggressive. The thirst is still there, but quite tamed, and a bit more passive." She said with a chuckle. "And what of you? Are you a bender?" She asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Zehir

Zehir relaxed again, her shoulders sagging back to a calm position. The bottom of her eyes tinted up in light happiness again. "No, I'm not a bender. I work with what I've got." She gave a slight grin. She'd brought a whole bag in full of things that helped her get by, and she just remembered she'd left it by the door. She wouldn't want Amaji seeing that, such nefarious items were embarrassing.

"Where did you go to learn?"

Mood: Relaxed

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Amaji nodded at the information that Zehir wasn't a bender. She couldn't imagine not being able to bend, even limited as she was now. "Where did you go to learn?" The young woman asked, and Amaji smiled as she strained to get out of her seat, groaning.

She hobbled to the soldier, checking his temperature before looking back at Zehir and saying, "I went to many places, learning the forms of each kinds of bending. It improved my waterbending greatly, making me an even more formidable opponent than before. I had once studied under an earthbender, simply substituting the earth for water. You'd be surprised how much you can learn under someone you think you have nothing in common with." She said with a small smile, toddling back to her seat and easing herself back into it, quite happy with the memories that had stirred at her mentioning of the earthbending mentor she'd once had.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Zehir

Zehir found bending very interesting. It had never run in her family, so she'd only seen strangers use it. Her interest was piqued, and she leaned forward a bit. The tea took a break.

"Do you use ice like rocks?" That's the only way Zehir could imagine it. The idea of using water in an earthbending style seemed a bit foreign and odd. She also wanted to ask if she'd learned about fire and air, but Zehir liked to carefully place her questions one at a time. Her arms weren't folded, Zehir was very open to this conversation, she usually had them crossed at all times. As long as the talk didn't turn towards her, she was content.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 am

"Indeed." Amaji answered. The sun coming in through the glass roof was warm, and Amaji closed her eyes, enjoying it against her cool flesh. The tea was now cold, and she began setting the cups and such back on the tray, leaving them there so that they could finish their conversation before she took them back to the kitchen.

"Ah, I should probably ask you, as my apprentice, are you going to be staying in the shop with me, or going to wherever it is that you live? I have bedrooms upstairs and such, so I do have accommodations for you if you need them. You can stay here as long as you're under my wing, perhaps longer if you want a partnership in the apothecary. Although I must warn you, the profits of working here are slim to none."
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 am

Zehir

Zehir helped put things on the tray, and when they had finished she looked around. It was getting dark for some reason, was there an eclipse? Unless it was...nightime. How long had they been having this conversation? She looked out a window and saw that it was already dark. But-but she'd arrived just after noon! She was surprised and confused by the passage of time and in response to Amaji's question Zehir distantly said,

"It wouldn't be too much a burden...?" She wasn't intrusive and this was the first question on her mind about staying here. She was glad to have a bed, trees could only get so comfortable. She stared out the window, still surprised by how quickly time had slipped away.

Mood: Surprised

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:41 am

Amaji lifted the tray with a small grunt and toddled to the kitchen, setting it on the counter and dumping the left over crackers and cookies into a small rag and tying it into a knot before placing the dishes in the washbin. She then came back out and began closing the curtains, one by one, as Zehir said, "It wouldn't be too much a burden...?"

Amaji laughed at this, and turned to look at the girl with a smile. "My dear, it would be a blessing to have you in my home. It gets quite lonely, and you seem to be a respectable girl. And even if you were to rob me blind, it is not like I have much anyway." She said, finishing with the curtains and putting a light blanket over the soldier, before hobbling to the front door and turning the sign that said 'welcome' to 'closed'. Her toe nudged against a bag, and she looked down at it before saying, "Is this yours, my dear? If it is, then I'll show you where you'll be staying, if you like, and you can place it in there."

She then lit a large, fat candle with a match and then went back into the kitchen, taking the candle with her. She assumed the girl would follow, as the way to upstairs was through the kitchen. She crossed to the back of the kitchen, pushed aside a curtain and began to step up the stairs slowly, one by one.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 am

Zehir

She took her bag and responded to the woman's offerings of shelter, "Thank you very much. Glad to be here," A rare smile lit her face.

Zehir followed the woman to the stairs. Amaji's old body made her move up them with a slow gait, but Zehir did not mind. She was glad of the new and future prospects.

"I hope to learn much under you." She said to break the creepiness of night. The dancing candle flickered strange shadows everywhere, and the light and airy mood became cold and worrisome. She entered the offered room and fell asleep rather quickly. She'd had a long and eventful day.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 am

Amaji closed the door to Zehir's new room silently, before hobbling to her own bedroom chamber and setting her candle on the counter. She let her hair loose from her high ponytail and changed from her simple earth kingdom clothes into an old water tribe sleep shirt. It was one of the few possessions she still kept from her homeland, although she'd bought the sleep shirt from a traveling merchant instead of the actual tribe, but it was good enough.

She eased herself onto her bed, blew out the candle, and quickly fell asleep with a small smile splayed upon her lips.

Amaji looked down at the body of the girl, crumpled up in an awkward position. The young woman's clothes and hair were beginning to get soaked in the woman's blood, and Amaji turned away, retching over the side of the bridge. She wiped her mouth off with her sleeve after a moment, careful not to look at the body before running down the road. What she had done hadn't quite registered with her, but she knew that she would never harm another living being as long as she lived...
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Zehir

Zehir never dreamed. It was something that had just never happened. She woke up soundlessly and peeked out the door. She wasn't sure if Amaji was awake yet, so she walked down the stairs as silently as possible. The soldier was there, sound asleep. She looked out the window and saw that the sun was still rising. She watched the pretty skyline for a while, admiring the pinks and oranges the sun put into the sky just twice a day. It was pleasant view, and Zehir got lost in it until the soldier awoke. He sat up and Zehir walked over. "Do you feel better?" she inquired quietly.

Mood: Pleased

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Amaji yawned and sat up, the joints in her back popping furiously. She groaned and got out of bed before moving her joints about, loosening them up with different noises occasionally indicating the protest of her ligaments.

She got dressed, and pulled her hair up in its usual high ponytail, and made her way down the stairs slowly. She heard Zehir speak and assumed that the soldier had awoken, and when she came out through the kitchen, she saw that her assumption was correct. She closed the curtain separating the kitchen and the patients' beds, pulling out various pots and pans and collecting various dried vegetables hanging from the walls. Everything she ate was based off of plant matter, but she did her best to provide variety with her foods.

She lightly grilled and seasoned the vegetables, while preparing some tea, the smell wafting throughout the humble store, and soon emerged through the curtain with three plates, two in her hands and another on her head. She smiled at the soldier and at Zehir, before handing them the plates she was holding before grasping the one atop her head and motioning for them to dig in. She then hobbled back into the kitchen, collecting the tea and bringing that out as well.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Zehir

Zehir had talked with the soldier for a short time before Amaji had come in. He seemed to feel better, but Zehir wasn't sure if Amaji thought it was okay for him to leave yet. She could smell the food and told the soldier that it wouldn't be long now. Amaji came in handed them food, and Zehir ate slowly. Her stomach was always in a knot in the morning, and she was never very hungry. It was surprisingly good though, she'd never liked vegetables much, but Amaji seemed to have every technique of the home mastered. After a few bites Zehir told Amaji, "He was wondering if he could leave now." The sentence was said with respect. She was curious to know what was required to leave. Was there a test or did Amaji just trust that the person knew their body?

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Amaji looked at the soldier, then stood and set her plate down before shuffling over to him and undressing his shoulder. There was a large, puckered pink line running along it, looking as though someone had attempted to sever off the arm completely by going through the joint. She nodded at this, and smiled at the soldier. "It appears to be fine. Make sure you do thorough exercises on it every single day. If you feel any pain, or if it seems as though it's performing poorly, come and find me, and I'll do what I can," she said, leaving the wound undressed and passing the soldier a clean white linen shirt, as his old one had been dirty and covered in blood.

The soldier thanked her, put on the shirt, and set a few copper pieces down on the front counter, ducking his head down to avoid hitting his forehead on the doorway. Amaji looked over to Zehir and smiled at her, 'Now, go on and finish your breakfast, and then I'll take you out into town. You can see just what an old woman like me does to manage such a low-profit apothecary." she teased with a toothy grin before sipping her tea, watching Zehir with twinkling eyes.

Last edited by Amaji on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Zehir

Zehir scarfed the rest of her food, then ran upstairs to grab her backpack. The stuff inside it was not often used, but it gave Zehir piece of mind. She ran back down and said, "Ready!" Zehir never liked shopping, too much interaction with people, but it sounded like Amaji would be running the show. Zehir would be happy to take the backseat on this one.

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 am

Amaji smiled at Zehir's eagerness, and with her small basket, full of different vials and bottles, and her coin purse strapped to her shirt, she led the way out the door. They traveled through the small village for a few moments before coming to the outdoor marketplace, Amaji smiling and nodding to the merchants and vendors there. Most of them acknowledged her with respectful bows and greetings. She then came to arrive at a stand selling various vegetables, the man behind the stall young and eager.

"Ah, Li, where's your grandfather this afternoon?" she smiled, picking up a ripe head of cabbage, inspecting it closely. "He let me manage the stall today, said his back was aching again," the boy answered as Amaji handed him two copper pieces for the cabbage, putting it in her basket next to the array of vials and bottles. She then selected a light yellow bottle, handing it to the man. "Well, then, lucky I brought this along, hmm? Make sure you tell him to drink only a teaspoon each night, and when he runs out, I've got plenty back home," she smiled, giving the boy the bottle. He thanked her, handing one of the copper pieces back to her in return for the bottle. She laughed at this, and told him to keep it, before motioning to Zehir that they should move on.

The young man waved, giving a cheerful goodbye to Zehir and turning to a new customer who had come to the stalls. They continued in this manner for quite a while, Amaji going and purchasing what she needed from the variety of stalls, often giving different bottles and vials to the people behind the stands, and listening intently to different complaints that the people had. She wrote these on a small piece of paper, and when her basket was empty of bottles but full of supplies, she smiled at Zehir and took her hand. She then dropped four silver pieces--the remaining amount of money she had left--into it, and with a grin, told Zehir to go buy herself something nice as a welcoming gift into apprenticeship under Amaji's wing.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 am

Zehir

Zehir had never seen so much generosity, and her eyes were wide in surprise the entire time. How did this woman ever survive? Zehir did not responded to the merchant who said goodbye to her, and her cheeks turned red instantly. She realized how silly this must look, so she raised her hand in an attempt at a wave. Zehir continued following Amaji and looking at all the people of Chin Village. They all seemed nice and willing to share which was some Zehir had never witnessed before. The medicine was slowly passed out until Amaji had a nice pile of supplies to replace it. Amaji took Zehir's hand and put the remaining money in it, and Zehir instantly shook her head. She wasn't willing to accept such kindness; she was surprised that it existed. "Oh Miss, I've got everything I need." she said humbly. She tried to hand the money back, but she didn't know if Amaji would have that.

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Amaji laughed at Zehir's unwillingness to accept the money, and simply pressed her hand over Zehir's and tightened Zehir's fingers on the small coins. "Go on, now, silly. There must be something that has caught your eye," Amaji grinned. "I'll head back to the shop and prepare us some lunch, eh? You go on and buy yourself a thing or two. Just try to be back within the hour," Amaji said kindly, before turning and toddling down the road, stopping occasionally to speak to a pedestrian or two. She turned a corner, and was out of sight, humming happily to herself. She liked this Zehir girl; she seemed to be quiet and selfless, which Amaji respected. She didn't like greedy people, nor noisy ones at that. And Zehir also seemed quite honest, which Amaji definitely approved of.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Zehir

Zehir was going to protest, but her anxiety turned into a storm of stutters and stammers. She dipped her head as Amaji walked away, and she shouted, "Thank you!" before she forgot. She eyed all the stands and had no idea what to buy. What did she need? What did she like? She liked snakes, because she understood them. She considered Amaji's feelings though and decided against that. She liked being alone for days or months on end, but she couldn't buy that. She liked Amaji enough that this didn't matter anyway. She liked comforting things, maybe she could buy a blanket or pillow or plush animal. Those seemed a bit trite, especially if Amaji had barely been able to scrape this money together like Zehir expected. She could buy something for the shop, that way it would be like Amaji hadn't given her money in the first place.

That seemed like a great idea, and Zehir could just claim that that was how much she liked the craft. She searched the markets but realized that there wasn't a garden or nursery anywhere, in fact, Amaji might be the only gardener in town. She sighed, wondering how she could give back instead of receive. She wondered what an old woman would need. It must be hard walking up stairs every day, but Zehir had no idea how she could help that. Amaji probably had some medicine to help her aches and pains anyway. Perhaps a nice chair? Could she buy that for 4 silver pieces? If 2 copper pieces bought a cabbage, maybe 4 silver pieces for a nice chair wasn't too much. She hadn't spotted any comfy chairs in the apothecary...it was decided. Zehir wandered until she found furniture store, and she bought the nicest chair she could buy with the money she was given. It was pretty comfy, the cushion used turtle-duck down feathers, and was as nice as a soft bed to sit in. Zehir had paid for it silently, using pointing to do her talking. When asked if she needed any help, Zehir was about to refuse, but she realized she couldn't carry it all the way back herself. She nodded and a teenage boy helped her hobble it back to the shop. Zehir sat the chair next to one of the sick beds as well as she could, nodded her head, and walked into the kitchen.

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:10 am

Amaji looked up from peeling some potatoes with a knife, looking at Zehir with a large smile. "Well, now, what did you get, my dear?" She said happily, turning back to the potato. She was collecting the peels in a small metal bowl, and as each of the sliver of peel on the potato hit the side, it made a small tick sound. She then put the potato and the knife down on the counter, then turned to look at Zehir expectantly. "Well, come now, let's see the pretty little bauble," she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Zehir

"Oh...just...this way please." Zehir said motioning to the front room. She walked back into it and waved her hand at the chair and said, "It's just uhh...a chair...for uhh sitting. I thought it'd be nice..." she scratched the back of her head as she looked at the ground as a strange bout of awkwardness settled in. Zehir was worried Amaji would be mad or annoyed that Zehir hadn't really used the money on herself. Of course, Zehir had never expressed that the chair was actually for Amaji, she'd just hoped she'd know.

Mood: Anxious

Back to top Go down
Amaji
Staff Admin
Amaji

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Amaji smiled, thinking the chair was beautiful. "Mind if I test 'er out for a second?" she grinned. She'd never seen such a plush, luxurious looking chair. She smiled as Zehir scratched her head awkwardly, and decided that Zehir was a nervous girl and needed a bit of a surprise to help her loosen up. So she hugged her.

OOC: Sorry, it's short....XD
Back to top Go down
Zehir
Zehir

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Zehir

Eyes grew and pupils dilated. The lids were as wide as the great divide. The hug was unexpected and frightening. Zehir had her hands up in arrest as the Amaji held her close and tight. She'd never felt such horror. She shook, like usual, but...it passed. The terror melted into joy and...sorrow. Zehir had never felt love really, and this kind of familial warmth and kindness was something Zehir had been dying to get when she was younger. And now. Her hands, slowly fell down onto Amaji's back, and her eyes closed. She settled into the hug, and she let a few tears out. Maybe Amaji wouldn't notice.

Mood: Mixed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]   A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lifetime of Regrets... [OPEN]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2