The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doesn't take no for an answer

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rui
Rui

EXP : 2220

Character Description
Position: Part-time Hostess
Nation: Water Tribes

Doesn't take no for an answer Empty
PostSubject: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Rui stumbled out the back door of her workplace, disheveled and slightly intoxicated. Someone had been slipping her drinks again, giving her false promises of water and other nonalcoholic drinks. Quite frankly, she was tired of coming out of work slightly buzzed every night. She shook her head fiercely, hoping to rid herself of this cursed blurriness. The petite girl twirled around, causing her long braid to sway violently. Oof.. Too much.. Now Rui was not only buzzed, but extremely dizzy and nauseous too.

Rui leaned up against the nearest wall, deciding her best bet was to count out her tips until her head cleared up. The waterbender pulled out a small sack of coins from her shoulder bag, and began to count out the small blue coins. This proved to be harder than expected with a couple drinks in her system. She sighed in defeat, and slid down the wall onto the cold, snowy ground.  
Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

EXP : 10980
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

The Southern Water Tribe was a nice enough place. there were not nearly as many marks here as in the Earth Kingdom or especially the Fire Nation, but there were plenty of pockets to pick and most importantly, the Water Tribe had the sexiest people in the world.

He had had a small share of drinks of his own, but was by no means wasted. just a little buzzed, maybe tipsy. All was well for Zevran Arianna Takeo at the moment.
Approaching a restaurant, he smirked to himself. "A place for the wealthy noblemen to drunkenly lounge about and wait their turn to be pickpocketed?" he mused, "Marvelous!"
as he was about to go around to the front of the shop, his keen ears herad a voice. Curious, he decided to take a peek and find out what it was.
It was a young woman, clearly intoxicated, that looked like she had taken down more than she could handle. Nothing he hadn't seen before.

"ah..." he crouched down beside her, "and what would a fine young maiden such as yourself be doing down on the cold hard ground at a time like this?"
he offered her hand, "can I... help you at all?" he offered. his voice had a suave and smooth tone to it, but he was not flirting. at the moment, he was just trying to do a good deed for a beautiful young lady. There was nothing wrong with that now, was there?
Mood: Amused
Condition: Tipsy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Rui looked up to find herself face-to-face with one of the most gorgeous males she'd ever laid eyes on. Or was that just the liquor talking?"Heey there, pretty man. What're you doin' on the cold ground at an hour such as this?" Definitely the liquor talking. She smiled a what she thought dazzling smile, and started to stand up. "I don't need your help, pretty boy!" She spat out the last part. Her eyes widened suddenly, and she began to speak rapidly, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This isn't me at all. You see, I was at work tonight and these people these awful people they just y'know slipped me a couple drinks and well you see I'm pretty intoxicated so please excuse everything that comes out my mouth." Rui inhaled sharply, for she had said all of that in one measly breath.

The young waterbender decided at once that she needed to leave. God knows what this poor man thought of her now. Rui turned around, and began to walk with purpose. This proved to be harder than she thought; Rui ended up falling face-first into the snow. She got up again, and turned to face the handsome man once more, "I totally meant to do that." Turning around once again, Rui strode on with what little dignity she had.

After she'd put about half a mile's distance between her and the heavenly man, Rui sauntered over to a lone ice bench to reassess herself. She readjusted her furry parka before sitting down. By this time, Rui's head was pounding and she was as dizzy as ever. She moaned a bit, and leaned her head back against the cool surface of the bench. The waterbender proceeded to dig around in her bag, looking for something—anything—to distract herself from vomiting. After digging around for a bit, Rui noticed something was missing: her sack of money.
Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran was entirely unfazed by the forwardness or rudeness of the drunk girl--for she was clearly very intoxicated.

"I assure you, my drunken friend, that I am hardly offended by your words. As strange as it may seem, one of my closest friends is a raging drunk who talks smack about me at every turn. Granted, I tease and mock him all the same as well, so it evens out, but... that's beside the point. My point is that I'm not here to mock you. I am here to offer assistance to a beautiful woman who seems so far wasted that she can barely stand up."

however, soonn the two parted ways, and Zevran watched her walk away before following her at a distance, mostly out of curiosity. As loose and promiscuous as Zevran might have been, he did have standards, and would have hated to see something bad happen to this poor girl.
Moreover... he had a reason to follow her. At one point or another, she had dropped her coin purse. Normally, Zevran was fine with easy pickings, but when it was almost literally dropped right into his lap, he knew that it would be in his best interests to return it. Besides... getting money was easy. befriending beautiful women... a little more challenging.

he casually walked towards her, not exactly sure what she was doing, but he was carrying a pouch of coins that was not the same as the one he had.

"you dropped this." he said directly as he reached her, "I would recommend being more careful. normally I am game for a pickpocket's paradise, but even we have standards."
his voice still had the smooth-sounding flow to it that it had had before, and his smile seemed pretty genuine and friendly.
Mood: Pleasantly Concerned
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

An intoxicated Rui found herself once again face to face—or rather, face to chest—with the beautiful man once again. Although Rui was still intoxicated, she found that her wits had come about just a little. "Thank you, beautiful man." She breathed a drunken sigh of relief; at least there were some good people left in this world. This thought was shot down as soon as he finished his sentence. "A pickpocket you say?" She found herself gripping the small bag of coins a little tighter than before, "You really do not look like the pickpocketing type, beautiful man."

Rui pushed a pesky piece of hair behind her ear, where it proceeded to fall down in front of her face as it always did. She wondered if it was common courtesy to buy this strange, foreign-looking man a drink. Rui decided it was best not to ask; this man was a stranger after all. For all she knew he could be one of those woman-nappers. Was she his next hit? Rui's eyes widened at the though. Maybe it was best for her to get out of here ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:25 am

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran chuckled. "I will take that as a compliment." his smile widened, "and you are welcome. Next time watch it more carefully, or you may end up having to sell your trousers simply to get coin like my drunken earth kingdom friend once tried to do."
One thing that was certain about Zevran being a traveller was that he had ample amounts of stories to share.

"well," he chuckled, "if I looked like my profession, there might be trouble. but... rest assured... you do not need to worry about any trouble from me. I could never harm such a beautiful creature. not without bedding it first, anyhoo." he chuckled, softly rubbing her back. his tone was still lighthearted and friendly, not necessarily trying to get anything in particular from this girl.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 pm

The young waterbender laughed with the beautiful man, "You're handsome and you know how to make a girl laugh? Are you sure you aren't a professional charmer?" Rui broke down in a fit of giggles. Rui's subconscious hadin the back of her head that this wasn't her. In reality—if Rui had been sober—she wouldn't have stuck around for very long. Instead, she would've gotten the hell out of dodge as soon as the man returned her money. Intoxicated though, she was a completely different Rui. The usually timid, vulgar Rui was replaced a more bubbly, outspoken Rui.

Rui blushed at the man's implicative words. No one had ever made such crude suggestions to Rui, and she found that she was at a loss with how to respond. "I-I erh, would certainly hope not!" She laughed nervously, touching her two pointer fingers together. Her blush deepened to a dark scarlet at his touch; Rui's back was instantly on fire. Rui fake coughed, feeling her temperature rising, "You seem to have left me at a loss for words, beautiful man." Rui could feel her buzz wearing off, causing her to revert back to her usual timid self.
Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran laughed. "actually, you might say that I am." he softly and unsuggestively rubbed her back for a brief moment. Zevran found the giggling drunk quite amusing and was having his fun. "then again... for ten silvers an hour, it comes pretty close!" he laughed, remembering another of his many tales.

he chuckled again as he listened to her. he did often make lewd comments, but seldom was her serious about them. Zev was a forward man, but he knew his limits, as well as when to back off. Instead he took a different approach.
"well... sometimes silence is the best medicine." he indicated, rubbing her back again with the palm of his hand. it did not even qualify as a massage, and was the kind of backrub a friend would give another friend; nothing more.

"so... how are you feeling?"
he wouldn't feel right leaving this giggling, stumbling girl by herself just yet.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Once again Rui found herself laughing along with the handsome man. She allowed him to rub her back, enjoying the tingles that ran up her spine. Rui met the gaze of the handsome man, swallowing up every detail of his appearance like a tall glass of water. Even his eyebrows were simply breathtaking.

Rui appreciated the fact that this man knew his boundaries; it was obvious that he wasn't specifically just trying to get into her pants. She gave the man an appreciative smile, and moved back over to the bench. At the man's inquiry, Rui sighed nonchalantly, "At the moment, I'm alright I suppose. Her mind wandered for a moment. When she came to, Rui began to speak slowly and deliberately, "Would you like to go get a drink? My treat." She waved her small bag of coins suggestively up in the air.
Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

It was certainly not to say that Zevran did not *want* to get in her pants, but he felt that way about pretty much anyone beautiful. Thus, such things often did not come to fruition, but that did not bother him at all either. He did not feel that he had to bed someone for his work to be considered successful.

"ah.... good to hear." he grinned stupidly, "it is much better to feel well than ill, no?"
Being skilled at handling his drinks, perhaps thanks to his smelly bearded friend from the Earth Kingdom, Zevran was never one to turn down a drink, especially if someone else was buying.
"Alright," he laughed, "and if by chance you wake up in a room you do not recognize, it will be because I carried you home after you drunk yourself under the table."
he was joking with this, but just like their first meeting, he wouldn't just let her wander around clumsily and drunk.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 pm

At his words, Rui smiled a rather toothy grin. "I guess we should get on our way, then." She stood up slowly, but still managed to almost fall flat on her face. As they began to walk, Rui's mind began to wander once again. She hadn't even thought of the time until now. Man, I'm going to be exhausted in the morning. The waterbender shrugged off the thought, for it was not every day one got to go get drinks with a man as handsome as this one.

Another thing that had slipped Rui's mind was this man's name. She hadn't even asked what his name was, and she was buying the man drinks! Again she brushed off this thought, figuring they'd get around to do eventually. As they walked along Rui fiddled with the tip of her messy braid, letting the man pretty much lead her wherever. "I guess I should've mentioned this earlier, but I don't really drink much—as you can tell. Where's the best place to grab a drink?" Rui flung her braid back over her shoulder, and almost hit the man in the arm.
Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"fair enough." he chuckled. "tis a good day when Zevran leads your way."
It was late, but not terribly late. Well, at least it was not a concern for Zevran, since he did not have any obligations at the moment, or tomorrow morning.

"hmm... the best place to grab a drink... I would personally recommend a fine place called Marian's. well... fine as far as taverns go." he chuckled.
"Also... it has come to my attention that I have not properly introduced myself. My name is Zevran Arianna Takeo."
he chuckled as her braid almost hit him, but otherwise made little of it. she was pretty enough for his tastes.

Upon arrival, it was clear that "Marian's" was something of a shady place, but it wasn't a tavern if it wasn't shady. Still... at the moment most of the patrons here seemed to be acting civilly enough. as they approached the bar, Zevran fished out a few coins of his own just in case, or perhaps if he wanted another round.
Mood: Content
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Rui was still in shock over her new-found bravery. As risky as it was, Rui felt strangely comfortable around this man. Then again, that could be the alcohol thinking for her. Ah, well.. Rui thought as she trudged along with the man. A light snow had begun to fall, and the handsome man's golden locks stood out more than ever. Rui looked up to the sky and stuck out her tongue like a small child. She had a flashback of her mother showing her and her three sisters this, which made Rui feel strangely at ease. "When I was young my mother used to take me and my sisters out in the snow. Sorry, just a random thought."

At the mention of Marian's, Rui stopped reminiscing. She'd heard from many of her co-workers that Marian's was a decent place. The waterbender nodded her head and spoke, "Sounds good to me. My name's Rui Ching. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" With her last sentence Rui looked up at Zevran, and flashed him a what she thought dazzling smile.

When they arrived at the bar, Rui was immediately greeted by the smell of mildew. The place didn't seem exactly spotless, but it was good enough. She sauntered over to the bar and sat next to Zevran. The bartender greeted the two of them as Rui set two blue coins on the table. "I'd like two drinks for my friend and I, please." The bartender guffawed almost immediately, and everyone else around her did as well. "It's going to take a lot more than that for two drinks, sweetcheeks." Rui looked over at Zevran; she'd never actually bought drinks before.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran smiled simply. "not a bad thought either." he quipped, "there are plenty of times when it is okay to act like a child. who am I to stop you from doing what you like?"

he took her hand to keep her from faceplanting again, but otherwise led her safely and eventlessly to Marian's. during the walk, shortly after he had introduced himself, she gave her own name, which he mentally noted.
"A pleasure doing business with you then, Rui." he grinned.

At the tavern, he was not terribly surprised that Rui came up short. the drinks were not the most expensive here, but... cleraly she had not purchased drinks for herself.
"You'll have to excuse her," Zevran laughed towards the bratender, who seemed to recognize the older waterbender, "she's had a long day."
deftly producing the coins he had fished out of his purse moments ago, he planted them on the table, which amounted to enough for the two drinks, and some change.

moments later, he returned with the drinks in question, and Zevran passed one to her, grinning widely.
"now... here's the part where we drink up and enjoy!" he raised his glass, chuckling.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Rui took the drink from Zevran, blushing the deepest shade of scarlet. "Cheers," she mumbled feebly, "I'll pay you back, if you'd like." The waterbender laughed an embarrassed laugh, and took a sip of her drink. It was like a warm fire going down her throat, and the fog slowly crept around her. She exhaled sharply, and took another sip.

"Sso, tell me about yourself," Rui slurred, "Yew don really look like you're a local." She laughed a bit before taking another swig of her drink.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran chuckled. "if you so insist. I won't hold it against you if you want to save your coin though."
it wasn't terribly expensive; just that she had pulled out small coins. maybe she had confused them for higher denominations? There was no point in asking now. that was water under the bridge, and a trivial matter anyways.

"I am actually from here, believe it or not." he chuckled. "it's the hair. they always say it's the hair."
other than his slightly unusual colored hair, he did have the build of a waterbender, and his skin certainly matched, as well as his clothing. he also had a water skin around his waist, which either implied that he was pretending to be a waterbender, or was actually one, the latter being much more likely.

"I have travelled around a lot, so you might not have seen much of me, but this is where I was born. And yourself? you, unlike me, very much look like a local. Unless by chance you are instead from the North?"

he took a few more shots, enjoying the drink as it blazed its way down his throat. he might get a buzz, but he would handle it well enough.

with his free hand, he went back to rubbing her back in a friendly manner. How she interpretted it was up to her, but he was just doing it because he liked her in a friendly enough way, and because he thought she was pretty.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Rui drunkenly slapped a couple coins onto the table they were sharing. She was now nursing her second drink, though much more slowly than the first.
Her head was pounding; the waterbender could feel a million questions surfacing at once. Though instead of her usual explosion of questions, she replied, "Definitely the hair, then. Rui wondered silently how two people from either one of the Water Tribes could produce a blond offspring, but she realized she was not one to judge. Rui had never seen the Northern Water Tribe.

"I'm from here as well. Mother died, father who decides to live his life vicariously through his three daughters. Have you ever been to the Northern Water Tribe? What's it like?" Rui often did this; she would sporadically jump to different subjects that had no correlation whatsoever. Her father chided her over it many a time when she was a child, but eventually learned to accept it as one of her many quirky personality traits.

Rui found herself once again enjoying Zevran's touch. "Not that I mind it, but why are you so touchy?" Rui really didn't mind it, she just wasn't used to it. She wondered absentmindedly if she should touch him back, but decided against it at once. The alcohol was warping her personality rapidly, and Rui had to bite her tongue to keep from saying the things that were bubbling up.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:04 am

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"ah..." Zevran chuckled, "so definitely my hair, and definitely not my dazzlingly good looks then."

Zevran paused as he listened to her. "The Northern Water Tribe... I have been there a few times, yes. it is a glorious city... even more glorious than this one. the peopel are a bit stingier up there though... but nothing that Zevran cannot handle, yes?" he chuckled.

he took another drink. just as there were few people he could not handle, there were similarly few subjects of that nature. so, he did not nmind Rui's quirk.

"Hmm... now that is an interesting thought." he exclaimed to answer her question, "I suppose it is simply the way I like to warm up to people. if you enjoy it, I shall continue. if you do not, simply give the word and I shall stop. my intent when I touch you is to make you comfortable. so if you are not enjoying it, please... let me know."
his words were still suave and smooth, and sounded sincere enough. Zevran did have some experience as a healer, and similarly, could give good massages as a result. Thus, de-stressing with Zevran's help tended to be fairly easy.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 pm

"Well, I suppose your dazzling looks do as well." Rui took another sip of her drink, and licked her lips. "It's awfully hot in here. I think I'm gonna take my parka off." Rui stood up, and began to take off her fuzzy parka. She struggled for a bit, but finally managed to get it off. She was left in a simple sleeveless top that she adjusted before sitting back down. The waterbender hung her parka on the back of her chair and began fiddling with her braid while Zevran talked.

"If you can handle my obnoxious self intoxicated, I'm pretty sure you could handle just about anything!" Rui chortled, and took another swig of her drink. At his words, Rui gave a gasp of denial, "Oh n-no no! I really like it, actually. It's not so much that I'm uncomfortale; I'm just not used to it." Rui blushed again, attempting to hide her face. She hoped she didn't come across as creepy to Zevran. He was just so cool; like one of those people you tried to impress back in grade school to get into their good graces.

"I wish I could travel, y'know?" Rui began a drunken ramble, "Not that I don't like it here, it's just I crave more." Rui held her clenched fists dramatically. Then another thought crossed her mind, "Does it get lonely?"

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran chuckled. "feel free to take off as much as you want. however, I... would advise using prudence here--or anywhere that's not private. Obvious reasons of course. Nothing unusual."

he certainly wouldn't mind, but he was similarly fine if she stayed dressed. he took his hand off her back briefly, and after she answered his question about touching, he simply chuckled.
"well... as long as you are okay with it, then I certainly have no qualms with continuing." and so, he did, resuming that gentle rubbing.

she mentioned travelling, and again Zevran's stories popped into his head.
"well... if you wished to travel, I might be able to help you arrange that. it can sometimes get lonely, but only when you fly solo. otherwise, I meet plenty of interesting people on my travels, and then I kill them."
he chuckled, pausing. "well... only the ones that deserve it. You know, corrupt politicians, human traffickers, or whatever other low-lives crawl this world. the pretty ones I treat with much more respect than that."

as shady of a character as Zevran might have been, he was an honest man, and was not about to hide what he did. he was a mercenary and an assassin. however, contrary to the popular misconception, they didn't go around killing people for sport--those were serial killers. Zevran's marks were targets that he was paid to take out.

"however, I am with enough people throughout my travels, such as you here nad now, that it is seldom lonely. just my thoughts on the matter."
he took another long drink, his other hand still softly rubbing her back.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm

"No worries, nothing else is coming off aside from this," she pointed over at her parka. Rui found herself clutching the small locket hanging down her neck while she nursed her third drink. Her cheeks were now permanently red from alcohol consumption, which complimented her cocoa skin tone nicely. The waterbender settled back into her chair, observing Zevran. Unlike most people, Rui couldn't read him. Maybe it was because he was already open.

Rui's ears perked up at the word 'kill'. All of a sudden the drink she was nursing felt like sludge going down her throat. "You k-kill people? That's um, interesting." She took a sip of her drink, and wiped away some excess alcohol that had dribbled down her cheek. "So, uhm, how does the mercenary business treat you?" Rui looked up at Zevran, trying to get across that she meant her last question to be sincere.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran couldn't help but grin, chuckling. "I hardly doubt that you are covering up anything but more beauty." he indicated, "but, no worries. it's best to stay modest in public anyways."

Zevran did try to generally be open about who he was so that he didn't pull out any surprises or come off as someone who he was not. He did not feel a need to pretend he was anything but what he was, and so he was shameless when introducing himself and what he did for fun.

"only the really 'special' people." he reassured her. "I promise that you will not have to worry about seeing me kill someone. do not worry." he patted her back softly.

he took a long drink, followed by a soft "aaah!"
"the mercenary business pays fairly well, depending on the mark and such. it puts bread on the table at least, and it does not require my attention too often. so... it is good for what it is worth. and how about you? What do you do for a living?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:12 pm

To say that this man was simply unique was an understatement. Rui had never met anyone like Zevran in her life. Then again, she thought, I never really do take the time to socialize with anyone. She gave a quiet sigh, and stirred her now fourth drink with a small straw. Rui took a rather lady-like sip, and placed the drink back down on the table. A full fledged fog had settled over Rui, causing her usual mental 'filter' to disintegrate.

"I do nothing as interesting as you," she laughed, "I'm just a simple waitress at this family-owned restaurant. Nothing impressive." She moved the same pesky piece of hair behind her ear, willing it to stay there. "I wish I could say that I did something interesting--like being a mercenary, or an assistant to some important lord or lady. Or even be a lady of an estate my self!" She sighed longingly, and put her elbow up on the table. Rui then proceeded to rest her head on her hand, continuing to make eye contact with Zevran.

"So, do you have a family of some kind? A super secret forbidden lover?" She said the last sentence in a playful tone, but was honestly curious. Rui imagined Zevran to be with some wicked fiery firebender of sorts. Or a seductress of a waterbender. She laughed quietly to herself at these thoughts. She hadn't known the guy for an entire day and here she was getting jealous of imaginary lovers she'd pictured up for him.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran watched her but was not going to stop her from doing what she pleased. it was her money and her drinks. If she got too inebriated though, he would take her to his place to stay the night so he didn't leave her out on the streets.

he chuckled. "well... one does not simply become something overnight... and while there are many things in this world that I can provide, unfortunately, changing one's lot in life so soon is not one of them. However... if you seek adventure... I can help with that when you are a little more, err... collected."

"family... family..." he put his fingers on his chin. "I have parents somewhere... or so I am told, aye. as for forbidden lovers... the closest I ever got to one of those was perhaps the glorious sisters Alzei and Raykel. Raykel was an elegant little waterbender, while Alzei... oooh Alzei was a passionate little firebug. she was always fun."

he chuckled, pulling out a folded piece of parchment that had depictions of two women on them, most likely Alzei and Raykel. he glanced at it before glancing at her.
"and what about you? any lovers? relationships? friends? family?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Rui gave Zevran a wide smile when he mentioned adventure. "Ok, ok. But you have to shake on it!" She giggled, and drunkenly held out her hand. "Heh, we're business partners already!" Rui sipped on her drink again, listening to his words intently. She took the parchment from him, and nearly choked on her drink. Maybe I am psychic..

She stuck her tongue to the roof of her mouth, contemplating how to answer this question. Rui knew that she most look extremely simple to Zevran. She even considered lying to him for a bit. The waterbender decided against it, knowing he'd probably be able to tell. "My mother passed away when I was about eight, and my father is a bit of an asshole--pardon my language. I have two younger sisters: Yui and Mei. They'd like you." She laughed at the thought of Yui and Mei's faces if they saw Rui bringing Zevran to the house. "And as for lovers.. Well to be frank, I've never been in a relationship before. Nor have I had any flings. Most people consider me to be a bit insane, honestly." Rui bit down on her straw, wondering how Zevran would take the last bit. It was true though, Rui was a little quirky.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't take no for an answer   Doesn't take no for an answer Empty

Back to top Go down

Doesn't take no for an answer
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next