The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving the Ice

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

EXP : 655

Leaving the Ice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:24 am

Noe Kaskae

"Hold up," Noe spoke to stop them both, her gaze aimed straight at Naseru, "I have a few questions, for you." She had calmed considerably, it seemed, and most of the harshness had left her face, simply because she had perceived no danger in the village ahead.

Nodding back at the road, she spoke. "You mentioned dangers on the road... What dangers? I need to know about all of them." It wasn't a question for his time; it was almost a demand, though not an unkind one. She was too concerned about her sister and herself, to deal with prying the answers out of him, especially if she believed that they were free-knowledge.

Mood: Calmer
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Scholar
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 am

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru chuckled that the girl's younger sister was lightly chastising her. However, he did not add anything, instead rubbing Kozue's little leg as the child rested against his chest.

Right as he was about to turn away though, the short-haired girl... Noe, wasn't it? approached him with questions that she seemed to demand that he answer. shrugging, he decided to do so to prevent any hassle.

"well, that depends on where your final destination is." he indicated. "certain roads are littered with bandits and the likes, but not all of them. so in order to know which ones are safe and which ones are not, I would have to know which way you were going."

He did not want to be nosy; he just wanted that information so he could answer her question.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Noe Kaskae

"Undecided," Noe spoke in a cool voice, "Where might you suggest?" She was trying, actually, to avoid being rude. Were she being rude, Naseru would be answering at knife-point; though, at least for Illua and the small girl in the man's arms, she would refrain, regardless of ease.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she waited. In reality, she was thinking of going to Omashu, or the Earth Kingdom capital, Ba Sing Se. Still, it wouldn't hurt to listen - Noe was very good at waiting and listening...

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru was somewhat confident in his abilities, and was not defenseless. Kozue was something of an inhibition for him though, as her safety mattered more than anything else. He was a clever man, and Kozue had been something of him taking on a challenge. He was interested to see how a little girl who was missing two senses handled herself in the world, and if him sensing her firebending skills held any water at all. If his readings of her were right from following her chi paths, she had great amounts of surprisingly controllable and refined power.

"it depends on what brings you to the Earth Kingdom." he replied. "most citizens end up in either Omashu or Ba Sing Se, although they are in opposite directions from here. since both are such commonly used paths, there are bandits that roam both, although if you do not leave yourself too vulnerable and travel by day you usually get better results."
He shrugged. "just my thoughts."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Noe Kaskae

While Noe definitely wasn't sure about going to a large city, she also didn't have any other ideas. At the very least, she could set Illua up with a master teacher, or something, before she disappeared into the woods. Her sister was sweet, for going with her, but Noe wasn't sure that she was ready to be out in the world.

Closing her eyes for just a moment, she tried to listen for the voices. They would be different voices, now the North Pole was far behind, but they might be able to tell her where to go. After a moment, there were definitely whispers, but they had no clear words for her, just yet. Noe cursed, eyes opening, looking back at the stranger.

"We don't know the terrain," She mentioned, reluctantly, "Are you traveling, or do you live here?" Her hand left the battle club, to gesture at the city nearby.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Naseru & Kozue

If Noe did have an ability to hear the voices of spirits, she might have heard one that sounded like a giggling 3-year-old, as if it was a voice that matched perfectly with the little girl in the dress that was in Naseru's arms.
They were probably not saying anything cohesive at the moment though. Whatever the case, the little toddler in Naseru's arms remained quiet and happy.

"I'm from Ba Sing Se myself." he admitted, "and I know the ins and outs and uglies of that city. But, I've travelled enough on these roads to know which ones are good and which ones aren't. Have you decided which way you were going yet?"
he paused only to open up the backpack that he then put Kozue in before hoisting her onto his back. the youngster giggled, squirming a little to get comfortable, but then went quiet again.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Noe Kaskae

Noe's ears practically perked, hearing a matching laugh from the little girl. For now, she dismissed it; maybe the girl had been giggling before, and she mistook it for one of the spirits. Still, she would pay careful attention, from then on.

"The capitol city would be... fine," Noe answered carefully, "How would we get there? Which direction?" She was relaxing unconsciously, since Naseru and the small girl didn't seem to be a threat.

Mood: Relaxing Slowly

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Naseru & Kozue

the little girl was quiet again, although there was another giggle. if she had been watching Kozue's mouth though, it had remained happily closed.

"The Capital city of Ba Sing Se is a little east-northeast of here." he replied, "the main roads are usually safe during the day, but even they can sometimes be trouble at night. I would definitely stay off of the smaller side roads though unless you're close to a decent-sized town or something though. People think they can take shortcuts and they are the ones who get preyed on. That's the best kind of warning I can give right now."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

EXP : 400

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 am

Illua Kaskae

Illua stands quietly behind her sister. Illua knows that her sister will get the information that she wants. Noe has always been good at waiting patiently for people to offer the right things that Noe needed to hear. Seeing Noe close her eye, Illua knew that Noe was listening to the spirits. Illua places her hand on Noe's shoulder while Noe listens.

Illua having read much about the different place of the Earth Kingdom, has always wanted to see the capital city of Ba Sing Se. The mixture of people and the knowledge there fascinated Illua. If Illua was lucky she maybe could find a master water bender that would be more interested in training her to actually water bend and not just be able to heal. Illua knew that her sister would be able to protect her if something happened but Illua didn't want to always have to rely on Noe. Noe had her own things to deal with.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Noe Kaskae

Because of the noise, Noe had indeed been watching the little girl. When she heard another giggle, without any visible sign of it having come from Kozue, something inside of her snapped. Tensing up like an angry polarbear-dog, Noe's hands balled into angry fists and she glared at the child.

"Stop it," She commanded in a low, almost growling voice; fury etched in every line of her face.

Mood: Furious
Condition: Tired and Tense

Last edited by Noe Kaskae on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru had been fine until hearing Noe's threat. Kozue did not react at all, neither seeing Noe's expression nor hearing it. Naseru, however, saw and heard both.

"Stop what?" he stared back down at her, almost as if challenging her to lay a finger on his little girl to see what would happen. Kozue buried her face in Naseru's long hair on his back, but the voices did not stop.
"funny lady! Funny lady angwy!"
whether or not it was a hallucination or an observation of the 3-year-old's subconscious, the spirit seemed to be that of a toddler of some sort.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Noe Kaskae

"Stop it!" Noe shouted, this time, almost shrieking the words. Though, rather than striking out at the child, she grabbed for her own shortened hair, clenching her eyes shut. Falling to her knees, as if trying to make herself as small as possible, she screamed, "Stop talking to me! Stop it!!"

The spirits had whispered to her in entirely different voices... She wasn't even sure what it was, about this voice, that made her so agitated; Noe only knew that she couldn't stop herself. It was just like all the other times, back at the North Pole, when she had been overwhelmed by her own feelings.

Before, the voices had only told her when to strike, or where to find prey. They had 'spoken' to her in pictures, or in soothing voices that were entirely non-human. None of them had ever sounded like a human toddler. Just hearing the voices here made her stomach churn - though that might possibly be because of the climate change and her surging emotions.

Mood: Furious

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Naseru & Kozue

This time Naseru simply gave her a purely skeptical look.
"clearly deranged... no wonder she's been acting so odd."
or so were his thoughts.. He saw it as an explanation as to why she was so bitter for no real reason.

as Now fell to her knees, Kozue wriggled around, reaching one of her little arms out towards her. she was much too far to make any contact, as her little hand barely passed Naseru's face. Unknown to Naseru, it seemed that Kozue was aware of at least something that was plaguing this girl; almost as if she wanted to help. However, how feasible such a plan was, especially form a toddler, was not really even debatable.

"why you so ang-ee? do bad people talk to yoo too?"
Naseru chuckled at seeing Kozue's cute little hand right by his face, and he gave it a kiss. What he did not see was that behind him, the youngster's face was very clearly concentrated on Noe.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Noe Kaskae

"They aren't bad..!" She tried to insist, though it sounded like a naughty child trying to avoid blame for breaking a vase, "They tell me what to do! They tell me where to go... You're just a baby; you wouldn't understand!" Both Illua and Naseru had completely faded from her consciousness; to Noe, they might as well be a thousand miles away.

Both of her hands began to shake uncontrollably in her hair, grabbing at fistfuls of it, keeping her hold on her mind. Noe felt like she was going to throw up, or break out screaming, or worse, laughing hysterically. She fought to hold onto herself, even as she must have looked outright insane.

Mood: Freaking Out

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru craned his neck to see Kozue, but other than seeing her with a cute little concentrated expression, he had no idea what was going on. It was awkward for sure, but for Naseru, it was also awkward that for once, there was something going on that he did not understand, and yet that the baby on his back did.

Kozue wriggled and squirmed, which Naseru took as a sign to let her back out. Once her little feet were on the ground, she cautiously approached the insane waterbender.

"they only contwol you if you let them..." the voice whispered, Kozue's hand extended as if to touch Noe, but didn't, as if the child knew that it might make Noe freak out and knock her down. "dey shouldn't make you angwy unless they ah bad spiwits..."

Yes, it was definitely quite clear that Kozue had taken great interest in Noe. While she couldn't hear the girl's screams, it seemed that her cries from her mind reached the youngster, piquing her interest.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

EXP : 400

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Illua Kaskae

Illua flinches as Noe starts to yell. She looks to Naseru wondering what he said to piss Noe off. As Noe sinks to the ground, Illua kneels next to her and wraps her arms around her. Illua saddens as Noe succumbs to the call of the spirits. Illua has seen thses fits before and know that Noe just has to ride them out.

Stroking her sister's hair, Illua tries to calm Noe down. She looks up at Naseru, "Maybe it is best that you left. I doubt my sister will attack but I don't want you or Kozue to get hurt. Nor do I want you to attack my sister."

Illua holds Noe tightly as she watches her sister deal with what the spirits are saying to her, even though Illua can't hear them.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru was mostly staring awkwardly at the madwoman, glancing between her and his little girl, who was much closer to the loon than Naseru was terribly comfortable with.

"Alright." he replied, stepping towards Now and scooping up Kozue, who still had a cute little smile on her face, although mixed in it was a curious expression.

"bye, silly lady!" came that little giggly voice again. Her mouth didn't move at all, but Kozue's little hand did squeeze itself in an attempt to wave at the two sisters.

"I am sorry for your trouble." he nodded at Illua. "I shall be on my way then."
Mood: Deadpan
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Noe Kaskae

"No!" Noe's gaze snapped to Naseru, pleading, "You can't - ! She has to tell me about the spirits! If you go, I won't be able to hear her voice..!" While she knew that she seemed absolutely insane, she tried to force her words to calm - it had a strange choppy effect, "I heard her - she was talking to me - she doesn't speak just - in my mind..." Yeah, it sounded even more crazy, now.

Moving out of Illua's grasp, she stood, her eyes still trained on the man before them. "I can't... prove it," She admitted, her voice a bit broken, making her seem smaller and far more vulnerable than when they first met, "But it's true. I can hear her speaking."

Mood: Trying to Calm

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru paused. "She...?"

Kozue.
Normally Naseru would have been skeptical, but Kozue seemed to be fully aware of what was happening. If Kozue really did have an ability to commune with spirits, it would explain a great deal.

"Do not hurt her," he warned, although that was something he would say to anyone that seemed that unstable, and was said in soft and gentle tone.
Walking back over towards them, he set Kozue down on her feet, kissing her little head. giggling aloud, she toddled back over to where Noe was, crouching down with her hands on her knees.

"why is silly lady upset? did silly lady's fwiend tell me to go away?"
It was clear that she was referring to Illua, who Kozue was not as familiar with because the spiritual connection was not the same. Naseru on the other hand, simply watched the two of them, interested in seeing his little girl so focused on something that he could not quite understand.
Mood: Skeptical and Curious
Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Noe Kaskae

The waterbender woman visibly relaxed, when Naseru didn't take Kozue away; she needed to find out more, and this toddler knew something. This time, however, when she spoke to Kozue, it was not aloud.

"My sister," She corrected mentally, almost more with feelings and pictures and thoughts, more than words, "She doesn't understand... She can't hear the spirits." Then, after a pause, "Are you a spirit?"

If the little girl was not a spirit, herself, then it was clear that she had the same ability that Noe had. Why, though? Why would the spirits choose to talk to them, this way, and no one else? Noe was confused, at best, and frustrated or angry, at worst.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 am

Naseru & Kozue

The youngster seemed to have an unusually strong understanding of what was happening as far as spirituality went.
"ohhh... so that's why." While the little girl's mouth didn't move, it did curve up into a cute smile.

"we all have spiwits..." she remarked, "most people do not wealize it while they alive, but some become awawe of it, like me... o you."
there may have been validity to the toddler's statements, or maybe there wasn't. If it was a spirit, the spirit seemed to have the exact same personality that Kozue had--vibrant, cheerful, and gentle. If not, then perhaps they just had the same type of ability. Kozue was still young, and while she was clearly more clever and intelligent than she seemed, she still had plenty more that she did not understand at her young and tender age yet.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Noe Kaskae

"Make them go away," Noe pleaded, aloud once again, "Take them away; I don't want to hear them..!" As if that toddler could totally do such a thing. Because it was something that she couldn't control, her condition was practically reducing the waterbender to a child, herself - frightened and overwhelmed.

She would have given it up a long time ago, if she could have.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru decided to stay quiet. It seemed that Kozue was communicating, and so he'd let her do so until something came up that would necessitate the end of that conversation.

It did certainly seem that Kozue was very in control of herself and aware of what she was doing, because she responded by giving Noe a little toddler hug.
"it's dangewous to leave yo mind open fo them the way you do." she pointed out. "it can be contwolled a little bit... I think?"
Kozue did have huge amounts of raw natural talent in that regard, as was somewhat obvious by now.She was therefore not aware that not everyone as as highly spiritual as she was, and so might not have had as easy of a time as she did.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Noe Kaskae

"Dammit," Noe muttered, simply aloud this time, sounding despondent. Her mind was racing; there must be someone who would know how... someone who could teach her to 'close her mind'. She sent one more thought out to the child. Though wordless, it was a sense of feelings; gratefulness, sadness, despair and hope, all at once.

Glancing up at Naseru and Illua, suddenly remembering that they existed, Noe stood quickly, brushing her pants off as she rose. "Are there experts on spirits, in the Earth Kingdom?" She asked, her voice sullen. Noe was actually a bit embarrassed over her emotional outbursts, but she didn't have time to disappear on her own for a while.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru remained quiet, having to basically only guess what was being said, but even then it was not enough information for him to provide any useful input yet.

Kozue noticed the feelings, and so before she released the much older and larger girl from her hug, she nuzzled against her cheek, trying to pat her back with her tiny hand, but it was more like her sides because of the small size of Kozue's arms.

she stepped back a little bit as Noe stood up, putting her little hands together and sort of bobbing side to side, her feet not moving.
"I'm sure there is..." he replied, taking Kozue's hand, tracing a little pattern in it as he spoke. "although most of my reputable sources indicate that most spiritual places are in the Northern or Southern Water Tribes."

he traced lines along Kozue's hands, and suddenly, her ears perked. She immediately pulled her hand out of Naseru's, and pointed one arm north and the other arm south. she cocked her little head 90 degrees as well, and so she'd be looking south if she were able to see at all.

Chuckling softly, Naseru added a bit. "Seems she agrees... or at least thinks that there are spiritually gifted people north of here and south of here. not exactly sure..."
it was not necessarily an indicator of Kozue being able to sense spirits across the world--just that from their current location, there were more spiritual presences north of here and south of here.

Last edited by Naseru on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Ice
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next