The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving the Ice

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

EXP : 655

Leaving the Ice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:45 am

Noe Kaskae

"The Southern Tribe, then..." Noe muttered aloud, though mostly to herself. Glancing at her sister, and then around at their surroundings, she returned her gaze to Naseru, her question straight to the point, "What is the best way to get to the South Pole? Where is there a harbor?" Though she was anxious to get going, Noe knew that she would not allow Illua to go with her, for this... She'd find her sister a teacher and then go on her own to find a spirit healer.

Spirits were... tricky. If she had known that those were the voices, Noe would have tried to conquer them a long time ago. Though, the biggest question she had was the reason that they'd chosen her, to speak to. Why not someone kinder, or more influential, or even more connected? She wasn't related to the Tribe's Chief, so that couldn't be the reason. Noe also wasn't the most powerful or well liked, within the Tribe. So why?

Mood: Thoughtful
Condition: Tired and Tense

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Scholar
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Naseru & Kozue

"well... didn't you just get off a boat?" he raised an eyebrow. If he had known the size of their boat he probably wouldn't have asked it. "otherwise, I don't think many ports this far north go south without stopping in southerly towns like the ports outside of Omashu or Gaoling. So essentially... the easiest way to get south from here would simply be to go south."

Surely the spirits played games with people sometimes. Other times they seemed to choose people who were very spiritually inclined, such as little Kozue, who was bobbing back and forth on her heels and toes, skillfully preventing herself from falling onto her back or face.
As little as she might have understood about them right now, the spirits seemed to like Kozue... or if nothing else she simply found them amusing and therefore liked them. It was hard to tell, and she could not exactly communicate them with Naseru.

On the note of Naseru, he was simply waiting to see how Noe (and perhaps Illua) would react, thoughy his eyes were on the bobbling toddler.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Noe Kaskae

Her gaze hardening, though just slightly, Noe answered, "We brought a kayak, not a steamship." It was, perhaps, rather icy, but finding their next destination had suddenly become far more important than before.

Then, cursing once again, "So we walk..." With a glance at Illua, she amends, "So I walk." The big reveal, and Noe had no idea how her sister would take it.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Naseru & Kozue

"That's all I needed to know." he retorted without skipping a beat.

"If you want to walk, you will find plenty of cities and towns on the way south, even towards Gaoling and Omashu. Or, if you'd rather have a longer boat ride, there's a slightly seedy place that is much closer, albeit still a long walk. It's also, as you might expect from my adjectives... a shadier place."
He would let her interpret that at face value, because while she looked tough, he was not going to evaluate her like that.
there was a moment of silence only broken by Kozue randomly giggling, hopping up in front of Naseru, who scooped the youngster into his arms, waiting to see how Noe (and perhaps Illua) would react.

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Noe Kaskae

After Illua's ((off-screen)) freakout and eventual acceptance, she walked off, leaving Noe and Naseru to speak. The young woman's brow furrowed, at the description of the shady place. "I'm not afraid," She spoke, slightly tense after the argument with her sister, "But I don't want to draw too much attention to myself." That, after all, was the mark of a good hunter.

"If need be," She continued, "I'll get a map and paddle there, myself." That, of course, was more foolish, but Noe was confident in her own abilities to survive and get there... eventually, as it would also be far slower.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 am

Naseru & Kozue

"well..." Naseru replied, "Just because you do not know its inner workings does not mean that it is shady business." although he was using "you" just to refer to people in general. "the more you know, the less shady it seems to become. I've travelled enough of the Earth Kingdom to know the best stops and know how to stay unnoticed. Perhaps I could help."

it was a simple offer, and one that Naseru was honestly anticipating a no answer for. But, he was polite enough, and felt that it was for the best in his eyes if he extended the offer. Otherwise, he would continue to watch the waterbender in front of him to see what she was doing.

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:15 am

Noe Kaskae

Perhaps surprisingly, Noe did not take offense to the word 'you' being used, as she easily could have. Instead, she was busy considering the offer, and how much she truly needed the assistance, outside of her element. Still... something didn't seem right, though she didn't know what it was.

Narrowing her eyes ever so slightly at Naseru, Noe tried to think of what the angle could be. "So... you help me. You guide me down to the boat. What do you get out of it?"

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:33 am

Naseru & Kozue

"Two Copper pieces?" he quipped, holding two coins between his fingers.
"nah... what I get out of it... is an excuse to travel. That would suffice for me, I think."

it was true. Naseru enjoyed travelling because it helped him learn about new people and new things. if he was going to be a scholar one day, he had to visit many places and learn a whole lot about them.

"or we can work something out as we go, if that doesn't seem like enough." he shrugged, just throwing that out there so that she didn't get the impression that he was going to try and trick her into sacrificing something big or anything like that. Nope, he was being fully honest here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Ice
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3