The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thunder Child [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Thunder Child [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 pm

The Following Takes Place Roughly 8 Years Ago:

Kei

Kei and Ul sat atop a cliff that overlooked a Earth Kingdom military camp. The camp served solely as a refueling point for the Airships of the Earth Kingdom. Their current target was a man aboard the medium class zeppelin "Thunder Child". The airship was currently docked at the camp.

When the Thunder Child began taking off, Ul gave Kei a thumbs and the two proceeded to jump off the cliff toward the airship. They didn't immediately plummet to the ground however as the two had parachutes on them. They both immediatly pulled their chutes and began descending slowly. The parachutes were unique as they allowed steering.

Using the cover of the night, Kei and Ul made their way toward the Thunder Child which was below them but slowly ascending. They both landed on top of the airship's balloon. Using built in ladders on the side of the masive balloon, Kei and Ul made their way down to the main deck.

They silently and efficiently killed every single crew member they came across to leave no room for later problems. Their target was the captain of the ship so they worked their way to the control room. Upon reaching the control room, Kei and Ul fought and defeated the captain and a few of his crew mates.

Unfortunately, the fight left the control room of the Thunder Child heavily damaged and the ship could no longer maintain its altititude. Kei and Ul did their best to safely land the ship in the maze of canyons in The Great Divide. The ship suffered a few more scraps along the hull and balloon as they landed it at the bottom of a canyon.

They were forced to leave the ship their as it was impossible to take off in and required repairs if Thunder  Child was to ever soar the skies again. On the bright side, the ship was well hidden in the canyon so it should be safe until they later returned for it.

Mood: Serious
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:34 am

Present Day

Kei

Its been 8 years since Kei last saw Thunder Child. Despite all the time that has passed and other than the completely deflated balloon, the condition of the Airship hasn't worsened too much. It seemed that the canyons had been successful at hiding the Airship from looters and protecting it from harsh weather.

Thunder Child is a medium class Zeppelin and was known for being fast for its size. When the Balloon is fully inflated, it is about 75 meters long lengthwise. The balloon was covered with thin plates of metal to protect it from tears from small arms. Connected directly to the bottom of the balloon was the deck. The deck is more of a large house than a deck and was roughly half the size of the balloon in length. A control room, a meeting room, 4 cabins, a storage room, two corridors that ran the length of the deck, an engine room, and a bomb bay made up  the interior of the deck.

The control room is located in the front of the deck and is what controls the flying of ship. The meeting room is located in the center of the ship and is a hall with a large table in the center and used for pre-mission briefings or simply recreational activities. Cabins are located around the ship and can be used as sleeping quarters or extra storage rooms. The storage room is a large empty room located at the back of the ship. It also has a ramp door that opens the back of the ship to easily bring large items on and off the ship. The corridors run alongside the two outer most sides of the ship. They connect all the rooms and each have 4  large arrow  ballista mounted pointed out of windows that run alongside the ship. The engine room contained a large furnace that powered the engines of the zeppelin. The bomb bay was a room with bomb racks above a ramp on the bottom of the deck that can be opened to drop bombs.

(Thunder Child Image, Ignore Flags)
Image:

Kei didn't enter Thunder Child yet and continued inspecting it's exterior. It was clearly not fly worthy at the moment.

Mood: Casual, Wishful

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:04 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

The Great Divide was a nice place to disappear and do things, because few people ever ventured into the canyon. Most of them just preferred flying over it, which was time much more efficient route anyways. it was remote and obscure enough that it was an ideal location for hiding large objects.
After all, that was why no one had discovered her workshop "the Pit", where she literally did build large machines and tested them.

She did need a break now and again though, and so was taking a stroll. It wasn't the choicest of terrain, but it was better than being cooped up in the "cave" where she worked.
and thus, she walked, a speck of blue amongst the greys and browns of the desolate canyon.
Well... she thought it was desolate... but then she came across something rather curious: ruins... ruins of an old zeppelin.

it made her curious, and so the diminutive avatar began poking and prodding around till he caught sight of someone else. She jumped just a bit, but otherwise stood her ground.
"oy." she called out, though began walking towards the man, "this thing yours or something?"
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:48 am

Kei

"oy," Someone called out from behind him, "This thing yours or somthing?"

Kei was not expecting to encounter someone else down here and jumped at the sudden voice. Quickly turning around to see the origin of the voice, Kei saw woman who appeared to be a water bender based on her ethnicity and her apparel. Kei also noted she also somewhat short and appeared to be alone.

She didn't initially attack Kei which was a good sight as it probably meant she won't be immediately hostile. Still, Kei frowned at her sight. It was not normal for any person to just be out here on their own.

"You could say that." Kei said responding to the woman's question. "After the previous owner died, I sort of claimed the ship as my own." Kei gave a small chuckle, "Admittedly the ship isn't much now, but back in it's prime, it was the envy of all captains."

He didn't bother to tell the woman that he actually killed the previous captain and its crew, it would leave a bad first impression and his past was something he would have liked to forget.

There was something about this woman's face that seemed familiar. Like she was a celebrity or something. She definitely had the look for it.

"Who exactly are you?" Kei asked suspiciously, "People don't simply decide they want to take a quick and casual stroll through The Great Divide."

Mood: Serious and Cautious

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Ironically, if Kei had told Zulera the true story, it wouldn't have fazed her at all. She was not really the type to judge people, and she had done things like this before too. 30 years was plenty of time for her to lead a very storied life. And of course, she was the Avatar, which meant that things happened around her and involving her all the time. Such was the life of a celebrity.

She assumed from this man's attire that he was from the Fire Nation. Well... and if this zeppelin was his, he probably at least had connections there or something. But, nationality was not something that she thought too much about either. It wasn't like people could choose where they were born or something.

When he mentioned the disrepair of the machine though, it took Zulera's interest.
"Well... it does look a bit roughed up, but at the same time, there isn't a lot of moisture in the air here, so perhaps it's been better preserved than its dusty exterior would suggest? why not find someone to get it fixed? or are there just no mechanics brave enough to venture this far out?"

She was idly changing the subject as she saw fit, just doing what she always did.
"me? I'm just a wandering engineer and mechanic taking a walk here. Zulera's my name if that's what you want to know."
Despite being, well, the Avatar... Zulera did not often use that as her "selling point" when she was introducing herself. Rather, she'd let people make that discovery on their own.
Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Kei

Well, that explained why the woman looked familiar. She was Zulera the Avatar. Back when he was working as an Assassin, he learned the faces of every single high priority target whether they were or not on his hit-list.

Kei chocked a bit upon learning her identity, she was not what he expected and was a bit stunned to encounter her here out of all places. He went ahead and put her on his "Do Not Piss-Off" list for the reason he didn't want to die a fiery death.

Kei lightly slapped both of his cheeks to get him out of his current stage of shock.

"My name is Kei, Jack-Of-All-Trades." Kei said with a friendly smile, "Sorry about the whole shyness on my part, I didn't think I'd meet someone such as yourself all the way out here. Truth is, I didn't even realize you were the Avatar. I always imagined you to be taller."

His last line was simply a joke, though it's possible it didn't sound like it came off as one.

Mood: A bit shocked

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera did not mind being a celebrity, but certainly did not bask in it. she didn't need or want the attention, but was free-flowing enough and easy-going enough that getting such attention did not bother her a great deal. Unlike a certain airbender with a nickname like "The Butcher", Zulera was not about to randomly strike out and kill someone. The worst she'd "randomly do" at this point would be whip her top off or something harmless like that.

Incidentally, she did blush a bit when he mentioned her height, and got a little defensive. There were few things in the world that bothered her, but Zulera was in fact, very sensitive about her height, joke or not.
"look, what do you want me to do? wear heels in the desert?" Any time she dressed up, Zulera would wear heels for that reason, but it was irrelevant at this point.

But her curiosity didn't keep her angry for too long.
"So what led you to bring a zeppelin out here? how come you haven't tried to salvage it or repair it by now?"
Mood: Slightly Sensitive

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:42 am

Kei

Zulera had appeared to have gotten a bit defensive over the height comment so Kei tried to reassure her.
"No-no-no," Kei quickly stammerred so that she'd hopefully realize he didn't mean to insult her, "You don't need heels or anything. I think you look absolutely fine the way you are right now."

Wait a second, Kei thought to himself, I don't want to sound like I'm hitting on her, that would leave a bad first impression.

"I'm into taller women." Kei plainly lied in a fashion that didn't connect at all to his previous sentence. It didn't cross his mind that Zulera probably had no idea what he was going on about. He also actually preferred shorter women, he found women taller than him to be a bit... intimidating.

Kei gave a clearly fake cough to interrupt his awkward ramblings and continued in a more serious manor.
"The Zeppelin actually crashed-landed out here, I wanted to repair it and get it in the skies again, but I don't actually have the funds to hire a group of mechanics to come all the way out here and repair the Airship."

Mood: Casual

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera could not help but simply facepalm. "stop!" she shook her head, "just... stop. you're embarrassing me and yourself, and getting on my nerves. Just... shut up about my height, okay?" It was clear that she was very sensitive about it--she had all but flat out said "I'm sensitive about my height".

Short as Zulera was though, she was somewhat intimidating. her broad-shouldered athletic figure was visible slightly through her clothes, and so despite her lack of vertical prowess, the woman could pack a punch. Besides... she too was 30 years old.

On the other hand, her interest in the airship might have very well saved Kei's hide more than once from an offended Avatar. Sure it was hard to offend her, but she was very touchy about her shortness. Her siblings and friends had always all teased her about it, and so she had never lived it down.
But this airship... this remarkably well-preserved piece of craftsmanship...
"well... do you know what needs fixed on it, or should I analyze it for those sorts of faults and problems? I fix things all the time, you know... build things too."
Yup. she had just revealed that she was an engineer and a mechanic.
Mood: Slightly Sensitive

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 am

Kei

"Alright," Kei said nervously holding his palms open toward her as a symbol of reassurance, "No more height comments."
It was clear to him that he was not doing a good job of trying to not anger the Avatar.

To his surprise however, Zulera seemed to have taken interest in the Airship and even subtly suggested that she would be willing to help him out on repairs. It was a huge relief to hear she was a mechanic, because Kei had no mechanical knowledge.

"Well to start off," Kei began, "Many of the important controls in the ship such as the throttle and rudder control are broken. The balloon currently has a huge tear in it and the hull also has several spots that need to be patched. Some of the propellers and flaps have been torn off during the crash landing. Also its been a while since she last flew, so I don't know if the engines are any good still."

Kei sighed, "As much as I would like to get her back in the skies, I feel that would require something  short of a miracle."
Kei then realized what he had just said and didn't know if Zulera caught it as well, but he quickly averted his look from her and back to Thunder Child careful not to hint or mention anything about his terrible, unintentional pun.

Mood: Nervous

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"righto." she nodded approvingly. It was that simple, really.
Luckily the subject shifted again and so Zulera shifted with it. Thus, when he began explaining what was wrong with it, Zulera listened with surprising attentiveness and interest.

"Well... how abouts you give me the grand tour then." she nodded, "let's start with the inside and work our way out, and then up. let's analyze it first, and I can see what I can do. well... especially if there's money involved, but I digress. let's try and fix this thing." she wanted him to show her everything, so she could analyze it. it would be a hefty project, but she'd be willing to go ahead and give it a shot--both for her own benefit, and because something this grand did not deserve to be rotting away at the bottom of a canyon. Hopefully Kei would cooperate in this regard too.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 am

Kei

"Very well then," Kei said. He himself was actually a bit excited because he hadn't actually gone inside of the airship since he got here.

So he began by leading Zulera around to the back of the ship and opened a ramp that led into the storage room of the ship. The room was decently large and was pretty much empty save for a few empty boxes in the corner.
"This is the storage room," Kei said, "You can use it for transporting your large good and what not."

On the side opposite of the boarding ramp, there were two doors on the same wall at each end. They walked through one of the doors and it led to a long hallway. On one side of the hallway, there was a row of windows and on the other side, there were more doors that led to other  parts of the ship.
"This hallway leads down travels the length of the ship and connects to all of the rooms. There is another similar hallway on the other side of the ship, if we took the other door in the storage room, it would have led us to that."

On the side of the hallway with windows there were arrow ballistas pointed out of turret ports built into the wall. Behind on the walls behind the Ballistas, there was a rack with steel rods that was meant to be the ammunition for the weapons.
"These Ballistas fire armor piercing and flak rounds" Kei told Zulera before he led her to the next room.

The next room was a room that was a little bit smaller than the the storage room and had large bay doors in the middle of the room on the floor. Above the bay doors were shelves. There were also shelves located on the front and back wall of the room as well as a door on the wall directly opposite of where Zulera and Kei had entered from which led into the other  corridor. Kei revealed that this was the bomb bay.
"This is the bomb bay and the bombs are dropped through the large door in the floor, but currently there are no bombs in the airship so this room is a bit pointless."

Kei led Zulera back out into the corridor and into the next room they came across. This room was roughly the same size as the storage room, but felt much smaller as crowded as machinery filled it. There appeared to be two furnaces with various gauges on it as well as machines with levers and wheels that did various thing. There was also a door on the opposite side of the ship that also led to the other corridor.
"This is the engine room," Kei shared while tapping on one of the gauges , "Most of this wasn't damaged in the crash so it should be fine, but then again, I don't know what nearly a decade of not being used will do to an engine."

The next two rooms Kei led Zulera to were the cabins. The cabins were much smaller than the previous rooms and only contained a couple of bunk beds and a dresser each. The was a door at the opposite end that led to a bathroom. Unlike the previous two rooms, the cabins were only connected to one of the corridors.
"These are your basic sleeping quarters, there are two more other cabins on the other side of the ship connected too the other corridor."

The next room was  a medium sized room with a large round table in the middle with chairs around it. There were random cabinets along the each of the walls. There was also a kitchen along the wall away from the back of the ship. Like the engine room and bomb bay, this room also connected to the other corridor.
"This is the recreational room, this is where meetings are meant to happen as well as the location of the kitchen."

The last room was located at the very end of the corridor. Unlike the previous rooms, this was a two story room. When Kei and Zulera entered the room, they were on top of a balcony. The balcony was in the shape of a half circle and had many complicated looking controls and gauges. The balcony faced a wall of glass windows that covered the entire front wall. On the level below them, there were three ballistas pointed out of turrets in the bottom of the many windows. Of all the rooms, this room was by far the most damaged, many of windows were cracked or destroyed and many of the machinery on the top balcony appeared to be damaged or broken. There was also far more dust in dirt in this room than compared to the others due to the holes in the windows that led directly outside.
"Finally, this  is the very front of the ship, the control room. This room is probably the most damaged as a fight broke out here shortly before the crash, and other than the balloon, is probably what really need to be repaired in order to take off."

With the tour done, Kei clapped his hands together once and faced the avatar and asked, "Any Questions or plan to what should be done next?"

Mood: Excited

[OOC: Apologies for the long confusing post, I hope this image helps]

Thunder Child Deck
Image:
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:30 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera was mentally observant, but also pulled out a little sketchpad from the bag she had at her side and over her shoulder. she began drawing something loosely, and scribbling little notes here and there, flipping through the pages. In truth, she was taking notes on the status of this grand machine... and how sad that the poor thing was out of commission for so long. something that magnificent deserved to fly in the skies. Maybe it was just the engineer in her speaking, but she could almost feel it calling out to her... as if the inanimate hunk of metal was sentient or something. either way, she wanted to help bring it back to life.

While she did not say anything, every time Kei spoke, Zulera nodded, her lips still closed though, and and scribbled some more in her little sketchbook. She found it best not to interrupt, but she was definitely listening, to say the least.
She did take particular curious interest in the bomb bay, wondering what kind of explosive devices it used to house, if any at all. She did make a mental note to check the engine room in particular, as well as analyzed the weaponry system. did those ballistae have any more bolts left to fire? that sort of thing.

See, Zulera was not exactly one to care about what it would be used for, but she saw a beautiful piece of craftsmanship that was lying out here dying for no reason. This was something that deserved to be rebuilt. Granted, that didn't mean she wouldn't want a bit of pay, at the very least, for resources... but otherwise she was definitely a willing participant.

"I suppose that it would depend on what kind of weather was out here. I, unlike this machine, have not been out here 24/7 for a decade." she giggled, "but I digress. I shall look it over just as well."

her only other note was the control room, which got its own page given the damages here. After Kei spoke, Zulera spoke back. "well... I suppose at this point I'd need to research my notes..." she flipped through her sketchbook, which was now populated with hundreds of little sketches, and Zulera's blockish, all-caps handwriting that was small but easy to read because of its distinctness. It almost resembled a boy's handwriting, funny enough. "...but after that, we could negotiate any potential other modifications you would wnat to do. I've compiled a fairly long list of things I need to or want to analyze in further detail..."

she paused. "so let me back up. where are you staying in the meantime, and how can I contact you? I have a shelter and a workshop not far from here. though the workshop is off-limits, the shelter is not, unless you have something... or are willing to accommodate me. We'll need a place to discuss things like payment, parts, extensions, repairs, modifications, schematics, the whole nine yards." she was almost rambling, because she was very much in the groove at this point. For the records, Zulera did have a rather sweet, almost motherly voice akin to a certain wild airbender.
"you still with me?" she asked, hoping he was.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

Kei

With the many complex notes she took and how professionally she handled things so far, Kei was getting really convinced that Zulera must have had a lot of experiences with this kind of thing.

When Zulera asked where Kei was staying, he pleaded, "Please let me stay in you shelter. I didn't actually bring camping equipment and stuff because I was planning to head back to a small village tomorrow. I don't want to walk to the village then walk all the way back here a few days later."

Kei also added, "Also I'm going to tell you now, I can't really provide the entire payment through cash as I'm pretty low on it at the moment. If there was anything else that would work as payment, that would be a lifesaver."

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera gave him a slightly skeptical look. first she was supposed to shelter him, and then fix this aircraft, and he didn't even have a way to pay her? well... most normal people would laugh and scorn, throwing him out and moving on with their lives. It was a lot of labor and hospitality to ask of an otherwise complete stranger, celebrity or not. It wasn't like Zulera was made of time and money... and even if she was, most normal people wouldn't go out of their way to do something this big just to be pleased with themselves about doing their good deed for the day.

Luckily for him, Zulera was no normal person, even if you discounted the fact that she was the Avatar. So instead, she turned to Kei, her electric blue eyes gazing right up into his black ones.
"so what *do* you have to offer?" she asked, "I do want a man with some sort of plan... I suppose I could also accommodate you, but the workshop is my own thing for the time being." the two were connected by several doors of varying security that Zulera set up. there were four of them, requiring bending from each element (starting with fire, then water, then air, then earth... so no real pattern), to keep others out, and allowing her to get in. there was also a final gigantic door that required a unique key, which of course, Zulera had, so bringing in four benders to break in wouldn't work either.

But that was just because she didn't want thieves or no-gooders coming and jacking her stuff.
"anyways... so what do you propose? I do expect some sort of payment, at the very least for the parts... but I am flexible and accommodating. Let it not be said I am not a benevolent woman when I wish to be." she smiled.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Kei

"Thank you so much." Kei happily said, "I don't have any desire to enter you workshop so do not worry, the shelter is good enough for me."

"Don't worry," Kei said reassuringly, "I'll be able to pay for the parts needed with what I have currently. It's only the labor that I can't actually afford with money."

Kei then proposed, "Instead of money for the rest of the payment, I would be willing to do whatever tasks you need to have done in the meantime."

Mood: Glad

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:34 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera smiled. "that will do then... there are valuables in there as well as things that not anyone should be allowed to see, and so I am admittedly a bit protective of it. Surely a man like you would know about secrets, yes?" she was not trying to dog him into telling said secrets; she was just being a tease.

"parts, mm?" she purred, musing about it for a moment. "well... there might be some that I need shipped in. This is ultimately a project that will obviously take several weeks to do, but I will happily keep you informed of its status in the meantime." She was not exaggerating the length of time it would take, given that she would be practically working solo on it, and it was an over 75 meter ship--being repaired by one single 1.64 meter woman.

"so... perhaps what you can do to help me, is that as I need to, I may ask you to find a way to get some supplies delivered out here for me... that would be my biggest help. Many of them are in my shop, but depleting my supplies will obviously require money so I can keep the stocks filled, if that makes sense." shge was borderline rambling, but in truth, she was very interested in this project, and her pride had her wanting to do it alone--besides, what were the odds of anyone else finding an engineer and mechanic that would be willing to fix a beat up old stranded airship out in the middle of nowhere? No one, that's who. Kei had been lucky to stumble across the Avatar when he did.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:44 am

Kei

Zulera's request seemed a bit difficult, but Kei decided was probably the best deal he would get.

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and point out that none of the the parts can come directly from Earth Nation officials, it may be a bit... problematic should they see this specific Airship."

Kei didn't tell Zulera that this was because Thunder Child was an ex-Earth Nation military airship.

"Anyways," Kei asked , "Where do you usually get your parts from? I guess I can start there in my quest for looking for suppliers."

"Also," Kei added, "When should I head out?"

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Luckily for both of them, Zulera did have connections--lots of them. The Earth Queen did turn something of a blind eye to Zulera's projects in the Great Divide... for one thing, they were out in a very impractical location, and secondly, she had given the Earth Queen certain favors of her own, that involved parting with a machine or two. they were thus on very good (albeit backdoor) terms.

"I usually get my parts from whichever nation sells them cheapest." Zulera smiled, "you could get them from the Earth Kingdom even... just take this..."
she whipped out a piece of paper and began scribbling on it. When she finished a few moments later, it depicted a note of authorization saying that these were requested by Avatar Zulera, and had her signature, as well as a little drawing of a chibi Zulera--one of her trademarks.

As for when he needed to leave, Zulera thought for a moment. "well... I'll do an inventory of my store tonight so I know what I have of the parts we need... then perhaps tomorrow we can start getting some of the other components." she smiled at him. she wasn't cruel enough to send him on his way without first giving him the hospitality that she had just offered.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:23 am

Kei

Thank you, Kei thought to himself, I can put off doing work until tomorrow.

"Very well," Kei told Zulera, "That sounds perfectly good to me."

Kei noticed the sun was setting and his stomach was rumbling. He didn't eat much all day. Perhaps Zulera was kind enough to share food with him? Well, maybe he should offer to make dinner, it's the least he could do. Sadly though, he would have to use Zulera's supplies for that which may probably seem a bit backward to her.

"If you don't have dinner already ready and have a kitchen with ingredients in it, I'll gladly make dinner for the night."

Condition: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 3:48 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera smiled, glancing up at the sky. it was either a New Moon tonight, or perhaps a really waning crescent, for she didn't see it coming into the sky as it got dark. Well... that meant there was no reason to stick around outside, really. This would have to be a day project, since she didn't exactly have gigantic lights or torches to see everything. Maybe some of the interior work could be completed in the evening, but definitely not exterior work--not without drawing attention to herself anyways. Despite being the Avatar... Zulera did not like attention. She did not mind it... but she wanted to be seen as "Zulera" first, and "Avatar Zulera" after.

"hmm... how well can you cook?" she cooed at his offer, heading back towards her little shelter place and assuming he'd follow, "because sure. If you can cook halfway decent, I'll take you up on that offer." she seemed to be acting particularly benevolent. That was usually either a really good thing (for what it was), or, if she had an ulterior motive... it could be really dangerous.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:36 am

Kei

"I am willing to bet you I can make the finest omelet you've ever tasted, though I hope you are fine eating omelets, because that's about the max of my cooking knowledge." Kei told Zulera with confidence. His omelet making skills were no joke."

"Also, thanks for today." Kei somewhat shyly told Zulera, "I know you're the avatar and all, but you've done a lot for me so far today, much more then what most people would be willing to do."

Condition: hungry

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:50 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "I would challenge you... but I'm sure my cooking skills aren't up to scratch." she could cook (she kind of had to know how since she lived alone), but she was no gourmet chef or anything. She did luckily have the ingredients for omelets though... so Kei was in luck just as well.

"you're welcome." she cooed. they had arrived at the little shelter, which was almost like a little apartment. She obviously let Kei inside before closing the door and concealing it again. "The Avatar is supposed to help people yes? I suppose I'm just doing my job." Truth of the matter was that she did not paint herself as an avatar who did a very good job at her job... but let it not be said that she wasn't sometimes very helpful.
"Make yourself at home," she smiled, sitting on a sofa as she flipped on a light, "the kitchen is right over there, and the food should all be nearby..."
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:34 am

Kei

Following Zulera into her apartment, Kei did exactly as she said and made himself at home. He took off his trench coat and unequipped his large two handed sword and placed both by the couch. He then started taking off a bunch of other equipment strapped to himself and made a pile next to the couch of a bunch of random weapons and gadgets. Kei didn't think he would need them in here and the fact that he would basically unarm himself in Zulera's home was a good sign he trusted her.

Kei also took off his combat boots and socks believing that Zulera would not mind since his feet did not stink. He was now barefoot wearing a simple long sleeve shirt, black long pants, and a fashionable long red scarf.

Standing in front of her kitchen, Kei pushed up his sleeves, cracked his knuckles, and did a couple of stretches. He nodded to himself, he was ready. So Kei stepped into the kitchen.

Kei did a quick inventory, memorizing where everything was and quickly combining the ingredients present mentally to figure out what combinations would make for the best flavor. This took him about a minute. Kei gathered all the materials he needed and placed them all around him in a perfect half circle on a counter around an empty bowl.

He began by cracking ten eggs into the bowl. Sure it was a lot of eggs, but it would make a very filling course for Kei and Zulera later. Quickly mixing the eggs to make a yellow liquid in the bowl with one hand, Kei reached with unneeded exaggeration with the other hand and grabbed the milk, adding just a tint of it into the bowl. Just as fast as he grabbed it, he put the milk down and grabbed the pepper doing the same.

Kei grabbed a pan with lightning speed and threw some vegetable oil in it. Kei threw a combination of mushrooms, steak, butter, and peppers into the pan and began cooking them over the stove. He mixed them using fast spinning motion of the pan. When the ingredients in the pan were thoroughly cooked being crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, Kei added the bowl with the egg yolk, milk, and peppers. He lowered the heat on the stove at the same time, he learned through years of experience that cooking omelettes with a low heat would allow for a more fluffy texture.

Using a wooden fork, Kei flipped kept flipping the omelette, not letting the whole thing sit on the pan for too long. He kept gradually increasing the heat of the stove at the same time. He added cheese to the omelette and quickly folded the omelette over itself to form the iconic omelette shape. Kei cut the extremely large omelette into two and put them each on a separate plate.

Kei wiped a bead of sweat off of his forehead with his forearm as he looked over his final product. Two sun golden colored omelets giving off an amazing smell. If happiness smelled like something, these omelettes would be it.

Kei took both of the plates back into the main room of Zulera's apartment and sat down on the couch besides her giving her one of the plates with half of the really large omelette on it. Kei's stomach was practically roaring at this point, but he didn't take a bite yet, secretly watching the Avatar from corner of eyes for her reaction to when she takes a bite into what he would consider as love.

Mood: Excited
Condition: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera was already barefooted, and so the notion of Kei matching her in that regard was hardly offensive (bare feet see and otherwise shed anything she was carrying with her till she was just in her shirt, pants, and gloves. He did kind of watch him disarm and disrobe (to an extent; he kept his shirt and pants on like most decent people would), and was mildly amused by the pile of gadgets that he had discarded.

As Kei cooked, Zulera actually kind of carefully rummaged through the pile of things. She was careful not to disturb anything potentially fragile, and was respectful of his possessions. Granted, she did want to see what had been brought into her house, but was unlikely to confiscate anything or whatnot. She was just curious.

Otherwise, she simply sat down and listened to (and smelled) the aromas emanating from her little kitchen. It seemed he had not been lying. She would not complain about that at all.
One of Zulera's unwritten goals was for people to see her as human--as a young woman (okay, she was 30 years old, so she wasn't exactly young anymore), rather than some supernaturally divine entity that was on a different plane of reality than the rest of the puny mortals or something stupid like that. No, she wanted to be seen not as their superior, but as their equal. She didn't really feel that special.

Not to say she felt weak or lame; just that her mother had always treated her the same as her other children, and so Zulera grew up with a fairly normal (albeit very storied) life.
Either way, her mind returned to reality when Kei came back with hot, steamy omelettes for the two of them. She gratefully took her plate, thanking him before taking a bit.
Yup... it was just as good as she had expected, if not better... she was not disappointed, and let him know this.
"It's as good as you claimed," she chuckled, "good job."
Mood: Pleased
Condition: Delighted

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunder Child [Closed]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next