The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tatsuya
Tatsuya

EXP : 560
Birthday : 1993-01-25

Character Description
Position: Glorified Bartender
Nation: Fire Nation

Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]   Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Akatsuki, Tatsuya

Tastuya would reply to young woman's snappy retort, in a calm and peaceful manner. Holding a cup full of wine in his right hand, that moved as attempted to pass this advice to the water bender sitting opposite him, the idea of a shaman or a preacher suddenly came to mind, for some reason.

To evolve is to adapt. You're a painter by trade, so you tell stories on a canvas. I can guarantee you that, the better you get at comprehending these stories you try so hard to tell, the more your paintings will improve. Words are Man's greatest invention. Never forget this.

The man paused to contort his brow slightly and stare off into the distance for a moment, to ponder upon this newfound wise man persona that Korra seemed to instil in him.

The contracted face muscles loosened upon seeing the woman describe her nightmares. It reminded him of the sorrow he could see in her gaze every now and then... but he had wondered about this beforehand. The girl's tribulations were her own and he would only be there to help if it were requested of him... even then, he probably wouldn't be able to do much.

Feeling his thoughts wander too far, the man swiftly grounded himself once more. Korra had clearly needed to summon a world of courage to be able to voice something this personal and, as such, to dwell on it too hard would be impolite. With a gentle smile and a dash of humour, this rather tense atmosphere would clear away in an instant.

I'm fine with that so long as you don't use them as an excuse to come and sleep in my bed. You're a little too young for my taste. Are we understood? Hmm? - having for some reason poked his own humour a little too hard, the man would let out a pair of hearty chuckles before using his left index and middle fingers to point to his now squinted eyes and carried on with his speech: I'll be watching you like a hawk, missy... So don't even think about trying!

Upon calming down for a moment, the man would proceed to nod at the woman's choice of the Southern Tribes, before quipping back at her.
Less than a month at work and you're already trying to squeeze some vacation days out of me... You are a shrewd one, that's for sure.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

EXP : 5270
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]   Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 am

Korra Tonraizi

"huh..." Korra mused, "I always thought a picture was worth 1000 words..." she had heard the old, probably overused saying, many times. but perhaps it was her way of expressing herself, since she was not a very good writer, and was definitely not a good speaker. Perhaps Daikon-Korra had been, but that woman was a monster. if being seductive was a talent picked up from him... well, she wanted to make sure that it was only to please an actual romantic partner. But Korra shook her head to rid her mind of such tainting thoughts.

It was almost as if she had read her mind. Here she was trying to dismiss sexual thoughts, and he bring them up again. She looked horrified for only a split-second before she composed herself and twisted her expression more into shock and slight insult, if anything.
"Goodness!" she clutched her chest, "you're gonna give me a heart-attack at this rate. I wouldn't try to do anything like that! I... I mean, yeah. I might sleep in my underwear, and that ain't gonna change, but I'm fine with sleeping alone. Just... if you hear screaming from my room, chances are I'm either waking from a nightmare, or being brutally murdered. Don't count on that last one though. I wouldn't go without a fight."
Yeah... maybe both of them needed to work a little on their humor then.

"Otherwise... yeah. understood." she nodded politely. "and uh... well... I guess I'm more of a charmer than I thought?" she chuckled sheepishly.
Mood: Awkward
Condition: Fine
Link: Korra

Back to top Go down
Tatsuya
Tatsuya

EXP : 560
Birthday : 1993-01-25

Character Description
Position: Glorified Bartender
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]   Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:01 pm

Akatsuki, Tatsuya

Saying that the duo could use a little lesson in humour would probably be a severe understatement.
In realising Korra's "joke" at the whole being brutally murdered deal, Tatsuya descended back down to Earth and realised just how unfunny this gag of his had been. He'd spent the last few seconds laughing like a madman... terrific.

The man hung his head in slight shame of his own actions, as well as the mood that had settled.

When things get this awkward, you have to do something. The fire bender isn't usually an apologist of the policies he was about to take, for believing that they lacked tact and finesse, but considering that they were the only alternative to blankly staring at each other that the man had thought of in the split seconds he had to process the situation, these two steps certainly looked like it would be the better fit.

Firstly, Tatsuya would reassure the young woman that she would have nothing to fear from him, and secondly, a desperate attempt to change the subject and clear this air of dejection and awkwardness that now seemed to hover above the table was much needed. Especially considering that Korra herself looked like she needed to be tossed a rope.

Korra, I'm afraid that I am not nearly strong or foolish enough to deal in certainties like "You will be safe", but what I can promise you is that while you are working under my wing, I will try everything in my power to keep you safe.

Now, then, let's break the proverbial ice, and get down to business once again. When would you like to set sail on this little field trip, hmm?

Mood: Trying to Keep Awkwardness at Bay
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

EXP : 5270
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]   Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Korra Tonraizi

It was not like Korra placed all the blame on Tatsuya, or on herself, but knew that this was kind of both of their doing. It wasn't enough to get upset about, but it did keep the teen a little warier. But, she had been told that such things happened, and that sometimes the awkwardness just had to be diffused in one way or another. Welp, charisma was not the waterbender's strong suit, and so she'd just have to wait it out or something.

She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself, nad it worked. Perhaps she had just overreacted. Frankly, she blamed her own trauma for that. Really, looking back at it, she could see how it was a trivial joke that she had blown out of proportion.

"I understand," she acknowledged once the firebender had spoken, "and I'm not helpless either. I just... well, post-trauma's a bitch. it's not so much what's wrong with me as much as what happened to me. but yeah... I can assure you that I'm no damsel in distress or anything." She wondered how much he knew. Maybe he could teach her a few tips or tricks. Korra did very much enjoy self-defense tricks, especially given her past.

"Otherwise," she shrugged, "I'm ready to leave as soon as you are, or as soon as possible--whichever is... well, sooner." she chuckled.
Mood: Diffusing Tension
Condition: Fine
Link: Korra

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]   Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Occupying the Mind [Tatsuya/Korra]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2