The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiyoko
Kiyoko

EXP : 150

Character Description
Position: Geisha
Nation: Fire Nation

Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] Empty
PostSubject: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Full Name: Lady Kiyoko "Nishima".
Nickname: Kiyo, Enchantress, Yoko, Viper.
Element: Water.
Birthplace: The Fire Nation||Shu Jing specifically.
Position: Her elegance Geisha of Caldera City.
Quote:
"Me? Ha! Then you shall have to punish me."
"A Geisha I am. But a belly warmer -twist's the man's wrist backwards- I am NOT."
"What do you mean? Of COURSE I have a plan! -chews lip nervously- "
"For once.....I literally have no idea what I'm doing."
"You ARE as dumb as you look. -rolls eyes- "
"-smiles coyly- Careful; you do not give a beast her claws without a price."
"Good things come to those who wait, loverboy."
"...You want me to WHAT?!"
"And here I thought you'd actually grown a pair."
"Sssh, Hitomi,, it'll be alright. It'll be alright."
"-raises delicate eyebrow- You want a taste? -slams her heel on the man's foot. Watching him howl in pain- Try it again and you'll be crying for your mother!"
"You are a brave brave girl, you are worth far more than any precious jade or jewels. And some day you will make a fine geisha! Never let anyone tell you otherwise."
"Hit her again. -glares- I dare you to do it again!"
"-smirks- Look; Don't Touch."
"I will be your family Hitomi;; and I promise that no one will harm you as long as I'm here."

"

Personality:

Imaginative. Intuitive. Tender. Quick-Tempered. Assertive. Subtle. Mother Lioness. [Borderline Workaholic]. Conversational. Socialite. Meticulous. Fluid. Intellectual. Calm before the Storm. Compassionate. Feminine. Scary as all else when Provoked. Loyal. Loving.

When Kiyoko was a child, Aunt Su Hsing often remarked that she was too grown for her own good. delicate as a kitten yet as dangerous as a tigress. Even then, Kiyoko was attentive enough to see past people's intentions, and her aunt and uncle worked on that until she was skilled enough to pinpoint falsehood and pretenses. She's known for her tenderness, bluntness, wry humor, meticulous feminine appearance, and her hopeful outlook on life. In the public eye she appears a dainty court flower, waiting to be swept off of her feet by a dashing noble. At the Nishima house everyone knows that the fiery enchantress is anything but. She can't help it if people see her that way; and she revels in setting those idiots straight. Kiyoko rarely ever says nothing she doesn't mean, and is a woman of action instead of words. Unlike her mother, whom was very mild-mannered and delicate, missy is very much like her father's side of the family in manner of her temper and proactivity. She's a young woman of action, yes, but does not put anything into motion unless she's thought very deeply on it. Kiyoko does *not* skip over details and tends to scrutinize everything of utmost importance until satisfied. She analyzes, assesses, gains, and executes.

Nothing comes short of order and expectation, and she tries her hardest to give her level best. That's with anything she does. Her heart is made of gold and, like her mother she is self-sacrificing......and outrageously stubborn. Kiyoko's pretty sociable and a very pleasant young woman to be around until you "mess with her babies"; hell hath no fury like a mother lioness on a rampage.

Abilities:
Dancer|| Musician • Enthralling
Apothecary [Poison]|| Apprentice
Waterbender || Expert
Needle || Blade Thrower • Expert

Kiyoko is labeled a woman of many talents, but really she's just a girl of many interests. Her "mother" Aunt Su Hsing loved to joke that Kiyoko was practically born with an ear for music and a heart for dancing. As a child, she spent most of her time dancing around in rice fields and making flutes out of bamboo shoots, playing them much to the delight of her village kin. She has the uncanny ability to hear a tune only once and replicate it almost exactly. She learned how to waterbend more or less that way; Namie by nature was a firebender, however she taught her "daughter" how to bend by likening it to dancing. While Kiyoko prefers to use her bending mainly for performance and healing, she's no stranger to snapping out a sharp whip or two. As gifted as she is intelligent, Kiyoko is almost always seen with her nose stuck in countless scrolls and scribbling over endless parchments. Her interest for herbal medicine rivals her love-addiction to creating poisons and, she's as dangerous with her target needles as she is her venomous concoctions.

Appearance: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] Commission_atla_oc_donghua_by_kelly1412-d4h3pin
Height: 5 ft 10.
Weight: 130 lbs.
Eyes: Her eyes are a deep cerulean blue, always shimmering beneath the surface. Searching and with a story of their own to tell.
Hair: Sable-colored; shiny under the light and very thick unlike the thin, fine texture of many fire nation girls. Instead of the short cuts Kiyoko sports her hair all the way to her waist, (looking very much like her mother) and in various ties with fire nation pins. She took after her fire nation heritage in regards to her height as well as her hair and skin color. Her eyes are blue like a windstruck ocean, hair as long as the rolling tundras with a slender build. Despite her flowery appearance Kiyoko is quite strong, with a mean monkey kick that'll send a stupid one flying. She mainly wears traditional kimonos, hanboks, and ao dais in her daily life and travels..though she doesn't go anywhere without a pair of pants on her person.

Character History :
House: Nishima
Uncle: Nishima Shinosuke
Aunt: Nishima Su Hsing
Line: Hayama
Father: Hayama Jinjou [Deceased]
Mother: Anuk Kipa [Deceased]
Adopted Daughter: "Nishima" Hitomi. [8 year old Maiko.]
Half Sister: Kunayak Kinalune. [Unaware]

My story is not one to marvel at, to grieve for, or even to pity. It's not an epic ballad, nor a legend to pass down for the ages. It is the saga of Agni's enchantress, one I do not wish to be told.

Kiyoko never truly knew where her roots began, but according to her aunt and uncle, she was the offspring of the sun and moon. Her father, Hayama Jinjou, was a prodigious soldier serving the Fire Nation. Her mother, Anuk Kipa, was an esteemed musician hailing from the Northern Water Tribe. Su Hsing and Shinosuke could never really agree on how the two met, but it always had something to do with crazy Jinjou accidentally knocking Kipa right into the bay. "Bah! That's not important!" Su Hsing would grin, waving her hands frantically, "What's important is how my older brother fell head over heels for her." Jinjou had become completely enamored with Kiyoko's mother and, after continuing to make a fool of himself [while actively pursuing her no less], the two of them became as one. The rest was history.

"And then!" Shinosuke would cut in excitedly, "You came along. Well, after plenty of tries first but, you were quiet a surprise little lady!" And indeed she was. Through all of their heartache and disappointment, the spirits seemed to have looked on them favorably and rewarded their hardwork.....but not without a price. Kiyoko entered the world quietly, on the coldest day in the dead of winter. She was the spitting image of her mother, with clear blue eyes, her father's sable hair and her mother's smile. Jinjou was given the princess he'd always wanted, but his only love relinquished her life in return. "Your father was so distraught Yoko, he'd thought he'd lost you both." Su Hsing would reply and look away. It didn't take her long to figure out what happened next, and then her uncle would squeeze her in a loving embrace.

"Make no mistake Yoko, your father....he loved you very much." But he could not, and would not care for you.

Su Hsing would never go further into detail about the transaction, but the way she pursed her lips and deliberately skipped over parts spoke volumes of her bitterness. "That's how we found you Kiyoko, well really you found us." "I did?" The six year old waterlily would repeat, surprised. "Mmhm. Imagine it! Uncle Shino and I come bounding into my brother's house to sell it since he'd gone off into the army again.....and from a closed off room this tiny little round-eyed baby comes crawling into the front area, plops down on her butt and smiles at us!" Shinosuke would always nod at this point. "Here we are getting rid of my brother-in-law's perishables, and you're just sitting there babbling and having the time of your life. We took you home with us that day Kiyoko, and you've been our daughter ever since." The little girl never registered the tightness of her aunt's knuckles as she recounted that part of the tale, or the way her uncle glared when he even mentioned his brother-in-law's name.

The coward.

The next time Kiyoko had seen her father she was only two years old, dressed in a tiny white kimono while her father's casket burned on a ceremonial pyre. The last thing he left for her was his most prized posession, a moon pendant of Tui and La. She and Su Hsing discovered her passion for dancing, as well as her waterbending gift, when she was four years old. Her aunt and uncle signed her up as a maiko in their prestigious geisha house when she was five years old, and trained her to become a high-class Geisha. For the most part, Kiyoko was raised entirely Fire Nation; as the custom went, she was barred from ever wearing the color red, forced to wear water tribe blues as a badge of shame [though she and her aunt and uncle declared it an honor]. She was jeered, mocked, harassed, and antagonized by the courts; always reminded of her impurities, yet tremendously envied for the blessings she possessed. Despite it all, Kiyoko to this day walks with her head held high.

"The flower that blooms in adversity, is the most beautiful flower of all."

Last edited by Kiyoko on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:05 pm

My only true problem is that she has mastered the art of throwing needles/knives at such an age. While I admit I've seen young prodigies of such in real life, they at least have a story behind it.

So my advice has three real options: Change said skill to expert, OR change her age to be more fitting for a weapon mastery, OR edit history/abilities to explain why she has become a master of such.

And on the note of abilities, while it is not necessary, I would like to see more detail on what she can do with her bending/throwing/poison making.

Otherwise, this profile is quite good. I enjoyed reading the history, particularly.
Back to top Go down
Kiyoko
Kiyoko

EXP : 150

Character Description
Position: Geisha
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Hooray you liked her history! LOL

I changed the setting for her needle-throwing to Expert. Perfectly fine, and there's a backstory behind it. I just don't feel like explaining it, XDDDDDD. Summary: Waterbending as a martial art is forbidden, and she's only allowed it in dance. So the Nishimas enrolled her in a defense class for trajectory weapons. [Because a Lady fighting with fists is "soooooo barbaric". /Fire Nation mentality] Same for her being an apothecary, so she can learn to heal herself and whoever's in danger or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Seems fine to me. Cool character, I approve.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:12 am

Alrighty. Approved.

Just one more staff approval, and you'll be good to roleplay here on New Chapters.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I APPROVE. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]   Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Kiyoko Nishima [Complete!]
Page 1 of 1