The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feet on the Ground (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

EXP : 2200

Feet on the Ground (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Yu Jin

The young airbender touched down gently, folding her glider up as soon as she was on the ground. Her clean, well pressed Southern Temple uniform was a bright orange and yellow spot against her surroundings; she stuck out like a sore thumb. Speaking of sore; her muscles ached, from flying so far - she'd never been up in the air for that long, all at once, before.

Taking a tentative look around, Yu Jin noted her surroundings: she was on a sandy beach near a treeline. For a moment, she scratched at her head, peering this way and that before muttering, aloud, "I thought this was the Earth Kingdom?" Apparently she'd fallen asleep in that geography lesson...

Moving away from the cold, clear water, she approached the trees, unsure of what she might find, but curious nonetheless.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:22 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Kyoshi Island was in close proximity to the Air Temples, which Xilingshi paid semi-routine visits to. Most of the time, her home was in the Eastern Air Temple, but she had other locales as well. the peaceful, most traditional Southern Air Temple was a nice spot to stop and relax every now and again.

She had gone there, but was now stationing herself on Kyoshi Island, just to rest and relax. There was no war, and so other than her usual training regiment that she did to stay in shape and keep her airbending up to check, she was just enjoying her time off.

She enjoyed nature, as many airbenders did, and found that she liked to swing through the trees, jumping this way and that. it helped with her stamina and speed. As she swung through the trees, she noticed a young child looking around sketpically. Was she lost? confused? Xilingshi had to find out.

springing out from the trees, she landed with a nigh-inaudible 'thud', her bare feet making minimal noise as the touched the ground. her glider staff on her back, and otherwise unequipped, Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki had the look of a war veteran to her, and the scars on her face were there to prove it.
Still... approaching the young airbender, she voiced herself, which was rare indeed.

"You're not lost are you?"
Mood: Calm
Condition: Decent Enough
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:08 am

Yu Jin

Whirling around on her toes, Yu Jin caught sight of the older woman and instantly recognized her as an airbender, because of her blue arrow tattoos; had she really been discovered so soon?. She tried not to show her surprise, forcing herself to answer casually. "No, I know exactly where I am," She told her, holding her glider in her right hand as she crossed her arms over her chest, "Have they sent you to check on me?"

Perhaps she'd be able to bluff her way out, she had reasoned, by pretending to have been sent here by the elder monks of the Air Temple. She'd be in trouble if she was discovered... but she'd be in trouble if she came clean right now, as well. If Yu Jin had any chance at getting off scott-free, this was it. She only hoped that her poker face and quick wit would see her though.

Mood: Inwardly Panicked

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:37 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi paused, looking slightly confused for a moment. "they?" she asked skeptically.

"ohhh... southern probably." she muttered.
"Naw..." she replied to the child, "they don't do that sort of thing where I'm from... Air's the element of freedom after all."
the child would probably recognize the older woman as one of the Tekina-Kaze, the elite Airbender "military" forces. they had minimal presence in the southern air temple, which was by far the most traditional of the four, but that did not mean that they went unseen.

"so if you just had to run away to take a break from it all..." she smiled slightly at her, which was rare coming from this grizzled old war veteran, "then you can stick with me if you want. I'm not Air Councilwoman, but I've got a decent enough say in Air nomad politics..."

she extended the offer and wondered how the child would react. despite her somewhat intimidating appearance, Xilingshi was actually very, very gentle and kind.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 am

Yu Jin

Though she was surprised at the woman's reaction - as well as rather intimidated by her imposing stature and presence - Yu Jin tried to hide it, reaching to shake the woman's hand. It was a firm, but gentle shake, and the young girl was very glad that her palms weren't all sweaty; she was still trying to play down her running away, after all.

"My name is Yu Jin," She offered, giving a half-smile as she said it, trying to appear confident and capable, "You're a Tekina-Kaze, right?" Yu Jin might also be trying to impress the woman, truth be told, "I could hang around for a while, I guess..." She added a nonchalant shrug and her smile widened.

Mood: Secretly Intimidated

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi smiled again, her gloved hand closing around the younger girl's hand, shaking it gently but firmly.
"A pleasure, Yu Jin." she nodded, "and you're correct about that. I'm Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki, founder and leader of the Tekina-Kaze."
Even if she had not given her name though, her status as a Tekina-Kaze was fairly obvious. instead of the orange robes and light slippers or boots that most Air nomads would wear, Xilingshi was wearing a studded belt over an orange shirt, the belt holding up a pair of light brown pants. She had orange armored gloves on her hands and forearms, and her feet were bare.

She patted the younger girl's head. "so... is this your first time on Kyoshi Island?" she asked her, deciding to want to help the girl feel more welcome and less worried about getting caught or something.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 am

Yu Jin

"Sure is!" Yu Jin answered, trying to hide her (very appropriate) shock by pretending it hadn't happened. She did uncross her arms, however, holding her glider at her side, "I flew here myself." It seemed small, but for the small girl, it was a grand new accomplishment. "I'm looking for adventure."

While she was also fairly tired, she wouldn't say so, in front of the founder of the Tekina-Kaze; no, that would never do. Yu Jin didn't want to join them, necessarily, but she did respect them as the guardians of the Air Temples and the airbender way of life.

Mood: Secretly Intimidated

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's reputation was one of a fearsome battle-hardened warrior who had racked up perhaps a higher body count than most members of the Fire Nation military, and that was even considering that she tried not to kill if she could avoid it. However, she had a soft spot for a certain few things, and little children were one of them.

"That is actually pretty impressive!" Xilingshi admitted honestly. "and if you're looking for adventure, then you've come to the right place to begin. if you need a little bit of rest from your flight, you can also come with me... we can kick back a bit to rest up for our adventures. How does that sound?"

She was not babying the child so much, but she did very much like the idea of having a young companion simply for a change of pace. She waited to see how Yu Jin would react.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Yu Jin

"That sounds great," Yu Jin sighs, slumping slightly, relieved at the thought of a rest. Then, she catches herself, straightening up, covering her mouth with a fist, coughing slightly, "I mean - yeah, we could hang, for a bit, after a breather... No nap, though." She points warningly up at the seasoned, decorated airbending warrior.

Yes, this small girl definitely has a large personality. While perfectly aware of Xilingshi's reputation, she couldn't help but be herself; precocious and happy, trying to sound strong.

Mood: Relieved

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi was generally a gentle and amiable woman outside of the battlefield, and was not exactly strict on how she was addressed or anything. She liked just being treated as a normal woman. She was not really normal at all, being a wild and exotic airbending master, but she was very kind and down-to-earth off the 'field.

"Hey... when you're my age you'll regret not taking those naps." she joked, although there waws some profound truth in the statement. "but... nap or not... if you need a breather, feel free to follow me."
she began walking back towards where she was staying, intending to allow the youngster to sit down, stretch and maybe catch her breath or whatnot. Just simple friendly hospitality really.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Yu Jin

Laughing, the small girl followed, stepping through the loose sand with little difficulty - Yu Jin was as light on her feet as most airbenders. "So, what are you doing here?" She had to ask, taking a small jump so that she could float gently down, still hot on Xilingshi's tracks.

This was exactly the kind of adventure that she had been looking for. Meeting a new person, at a new place... though, the weight of her parents situation still weighed heavily on her shoulders. She planned to look for them, if she had the chance, and find out what had happened.

Mood: Cheerful

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:43 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi did not mind the sand either, and kind of liked at it sometimes flowed between her little toes. she was still light on her feet, but since they were in sand, she took purposely heavy steps to feel the sand on her soles.

"I'm here on leave." she explained, "the Tekina-Kaze are a defensive reserve to protect the Air Nomad customs and traditions and culture. when there's no one threatening those, we are just the same nomads that the rest of us are, and so we like to travel. Kyoshi is gorgeous this time of year."

she didn't mind Yu Jin's playful floating steps, and she continued walking. She was not a very large woman either, standing only at about 5'5". it was very likely the younger girl would outgrow her once she hit her spurt.

"so... did you want just a place to sit down?" she asked the younger girl, "or a place to more extensively relax?"
She had just the place for both ideas, depending on what she wanted. Xilingshi was very hospitable, especially towards children and airbenders, and so when someone was both, it was all that much more of a bonuc.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 am

Yu Jin

"I can just sit," Yu Jin offered with a shrug as they walked, "It won't take me long to get my second wind..." Then, with a grin, "Get it? Second wind?" The young girl started to laugh at her own joke, still float/walk/skipping beside Xilingshi.

She seemed fairly energetic, for someone who had flown so far. Apparently meeting someone new had replenished her strength, because she was excited now. Her joke was pretty dorky, though.

Mood: Cheerful
Condition: Less Tired

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:15 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Alright," Xilingshi nodded, and she began leading the youngster through the streets towards a large park full of trees and flowers, with a large statue of Avatar Kyoshi being in the center of it.

she couldn't help but chuckle softly at Yu Jin's little joke. it was one of those puns that was so bad it was good, but she wouldn't tell her that. "haha, nice one!" she replied, since there was truth to it.

Xilingshi attributed Yu Jin's energy and stamina to her age. children were generally rather bubbly until they became young adults, where some mysterious power soon sapped their energy and made them long for naps all throughout the day. That was how Xilingshi felt anyways.

"Here's the place!" she pointed to the park, indicating a bench in front of them that they could sit down on, "feel free to relax a bit here..."
She wanted to ask the little girl a few curious questions, but not till the child had caught her breath.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:32 am

Yu Jin

Jumping up into the air with a small flourish, Yu Jin floated down onto the bench, sitting with a slight slump. Glancing up at the statue, she tilted her head to the side, "How come no one ever painted or sculpted or carved the Avatar smiling? Any of them?" She then gestured up at Avatar Kyoshi, to prove her point.

"Or dancing? I bet Avatar Aang liked to dance," She mused, considering the most recently departed airbending Avatar.

Mood: Thoughtful

Last edited by Yu Jin on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:37 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi chuckled at the youngster's little airbending antic, glancing at the stern Kyoshi Statue above them.
"Well... I heard that Avatar Kyoshi took no nonsense in her day..." Xilingshi commented, the massive gashes on her right cheek now visible as she sat beside the younger airbender. "although I am not sure about Avatar Aang... he was a cheerful fellow I heard, and so that makes me wonder. Maybe there are some of him smiling. We Air Nomads do have a sense of humor, after all."

she winked at him, as if to reference her little joke from earlier that Xilingshi had chuckled at. She liked this girl. It was rare that she got to closely know an Air Nomad friend that was not a warrior or Tekina-Kaze; or a devout monk. Either way, Xilingshi liked it.
Mood: Happy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:14 am

Yu Jin

"I once dropped a water balloon on Li Shen's head," the young girl offered with a grin, at the comment about senses of humor, "He had tried to make me wet my futon, by putting my hand in a glass of water - I got him back good!"

It was clear the Yu Jin had been one of the very few, lucky children who did not have to grow up too quickly. She had as normal of a childhood as anyone could have asked for, and grew up happy - among friends, at least, if not family.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:20 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"well!" Xilingshi exclaimed, "if he tried to make you wet yourself, then it serves him right!" She agreed, patting the youngster's head. "I once blew up a pie that was aimed for my face, and it went all in the face of the nomad who had tried to throw it at me," she returned with a story of her own. "it was a glorious moment!" she chuckled a bit.

Xilingshi's childhood had been strange, but not bereft. She had had one, living with the Air Nomads and having a bit of fun herself, but she was dilligent and dedicated to defending her home, always being one to work on combat moves and such for her training. indeed, the move that earned her her tattoos had become the trademark of the Tekina-Kaze.

Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 am

Yu Jin

Yu Jin started to laugh heartily, unable to hold herself back. Her legs kicked out, the more she laughed, just imagining the explosion and the look on the other airbender's face. "That's brilliant!" She grinned, her laughs subsiding.

"No one could get a prank off on me," the young girl told her, with the slightest hint of pride, "I was the best around, and I could turn it all back on them, if they tried."

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:02 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi giggled at seeing the younger girl crack up at her joke. "you should have seen her face too!" she added, "she was so mad that her plan backfired!"

"They might tell you that the Tekina-Kaze are just stern warriors who defend the temples... but nope. we're Air Nomads just like you. We like to have fun just as well, even people as old as I am."

"No one?" Xilingshi exclaimed, playing along. "are you suuuuuure about that?"
She wasn't going to try and prank the girl of course, but she wanted to see how she'd react if her "title" was challenged.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 am

Yu Jin

While she had been about to open her mouth and declare herself the queen of pranking, Yu Jin stopped suddenly. Her mouth shut abruptly and her eyes narrowed. Turning to look at Xilingshi, she pointed to the older airbender, and then at her eyes, "I'm watching you!"

Then, playfully wary, she nodded, "I can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere. I'm the champ!" Her serious look was ruined by the grin that crossed her face right after.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:43 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Watching me?" she exclaimed, "the mighty leader of the Tekina-Kaze?"
she laughed, as it was a joke. it almost felt odd for her to boast about herself because Xilingshi was actually very humble and down-to-earth in reality.

Xilingshi chuckled and played along. "I'm sure you are!" she smiled sincerely. "Maybe I'll have to visit you or spend an afternoon with you to see how the master does her tricks!"
She was fine with humoring the younger girl, as she enjoyed seeing happy children. While 34 and still technically single, Xilingshi had always sort of wanted children of her own, although her dedication to duty and a lack of any intimate relationships had never really helped that become a reality. She did not worry about it though. there were plenty of children she could interact with, such as this one. She smiled, wondering how Yu Jin would respond to her 'suggestion'.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 am

Yu Jin

"We're spending the afternoon together, right now," Yu Jin pointed out, using her finger to literally point, though up at the sky. There was no one to prank, sure, but they were hanging out, there at the park. She seemed to have forgotten about it, fairly quickly.

Sitting up suddenly, stretching out her back, the young girl opened the flap on her hip bag, reaching into its depths. "Leechee nuts?" She offers, pulling out a handful and holding them toward Xilingshi. They were a common snack, for any of the air nomads, and Yu Jin was happy to share.

Mood: Hungry
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:28 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

She chuckled. "well yeah... that's true. I suppose we might have to get up to some mischief after we're done resting or something."
she swung her tattooed bare feet playfully, looking up when Yu Jin pointed. She was surprised--but did not mind--that the youngster hadn't pointed out her scars.

"Yes please." she smiled, graciously accepting her offer. "If you want after this, I've got a fruit pie or two back at my place that I'm willing to share." she grinned, wondering if she was like most children insomuch that she loved desserts, as she popped the leechee nuts in her mouth.
Mood: Playful
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Yu Jin

Giving a cheer, Yu Jin sprang to her feet with a small flourish of airbending to cushion her feet, "Woo! Fruit pies~!" Grabbing her staff up from the bench, the small girl gave a grin, looking back at Xilingshi, "I'm ready! Let's go!"

Apparently rested and good to go - especially at the thought of fruit pies - the small girl bounced on her feet, cheerful as can be. This was quite a switch from the girl who had nearly toppled into the sand, when she'd first landed on the shore of Kyoshi Island.

Mood: Hungry
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Feet on the Ground (Open)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next