The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feet on the Ground (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:28 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Careful not to jynx it." Xilingshi laughed, "if you try to do the same things that Avatar Aang did, you might end up getting us a crazy firelord trying to burn everything down or something."

She was totally kidding and such, but it was a mildly interesting thought that crossed Xilingshi's mind.
"you remind me of me when I was younger though." she added, "I was an adventerous little shit; always wanting to try new things, even if they should have been considered way too dangerous for me--like the time I managed to fly a glider by hanging onto it with only one of my legs."
This story might spark attention, and Xili would happy share it as long as they were just splashing around together.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Relaxed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

EXP : 2200

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Yu Jin

"Really?" Her eyes widened, and Yu Jin made a mental note to try that, as soon as possible. The young airbender had been glider surfing, but that was about it, as far as daredevil flying stunts went.

Then, of course, she crossed her arms over her slim chest, noting, in a precocious tone of voice, "I don't think that another evil jerk trying to rule the world would pop up just because I rode an elephant koi..."

Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"really really. I'd definitely not recommend trying it without a bit of practice... and certainly don't do it over the cliffs of the Western Air Temple like I did."
She was a daredevil at heart too, who knew no fear. She almost wanted to encourage the youngster to try it when she was older.

Chuckling, Xilingshi shook her head as well. Granted, she had been working over the last couple of years to ensure that another evil jerk DIDN'T take over the world, but the Air Temples had remained safe thanks to her efforts.
"You're probably right." she nodded, crossing her arms over her own chest, which was not terribly large due to Xilingshi's slim figure and her athletic tone, "but still..." she trailed off playfully, watching Yu Jin, and letting herself bob up and down among the waves.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Yu Jin

"You'll see," The young airbender dismissed the idea completely, "I'll do exactly what Avatar Aang did, and nothing bad will happen. I'll even cross the great divide and nothing bad will happen!" It was a bold claim, and perhaps it would bite her in the butt, later.

Until then, Yu Jin would continue to be a mouthy little thing.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi laughed and shook her head. "you're a little goofball aren't you?" she smiled, "I'll take your word for it. When did you want to start?"
floating over towards the youngster, she ruffled her hair playfully. many of Xilingshi's battle-scars were more visible this way, particularly the one on her cheek, but she didn't draw much attention to them
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Yu Jin

"I wanna start... In the Southern Water Tribe! Where Avatar Aang started," Yu Jin decided, just then. Yes, if she was going to do this, she was going to do it right and start at the beginning, going the whole way along. Once the Water Tribe was over, she'd head to Omashu - skipping over the Southern Air Temple and Kyoshi Island, of course.

Brushing her wet hair back, the young airbender dunked underwater to help slick it out of her way.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi smiled at her, not exactly wanting to go there herself, but not exactly one to say no to her. Nope, Xilingshi's interests were always last in her books--not out of any form of self-pity either. Just out of how she operated.

"And where do you want to end up?" she asked her, ruffling her hair again once she surfaced just for funsies. "Any particular destination?
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Yu Jin

"I'll have to see. I can't decide before I go to all those places and see what they're like," Yu Jin smiled brightly, answering cheerfully, "Then I'd be able to choose where to be."

Moving her hand, she aims a splash at Xilingshi, giggling as she does. "I'm ready to go build my sandcastle," She grins, "Race you there!"

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi nodded. "Fair enough. That's a nice stance to have."
not judging a place before she had been there... aye. Most people wouldn't even think of that, despite many of them being much older than Yu Jin.

Xilingshi shrieked playfully and giggled, racing the youngster to shore. "Let's go! I bet ya can't beat me!"
She splish-splashed through the water, although was in no real hurry either. She saw nothing wrong with letting her win, but son they were both back on the beach, arriving at the same time. Xili knelt in the sand, smiling up at the younger girl. Now that she was out of the water and such, the vivid arrow tattoos that spanned from her hands to her shoulders to her back and from her feet to her thighs, were all very visible.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Yu Jin

Yu Jin laughed and tried to catch her breath, once they arrived at the beach. Curling her toes into the sand, she looked up at Xilingshi. The younger airbender had seen plenty of similar tattoos before, on the other nomads, so she didn't make too big a deal out of it. The scars, though, were a first.

Curiosity finally getting the best of her, she reached out, just short of touching the older woman's skin. "Are these from fighting?"

Mood: Curious
Condition: Winded

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's tattoos were fairly simple, although almost seemed a brighter shade of blue. She noticed Yu Jin taking interest in her scars.
"You can touch 'em if you want." she shrugged. it wasn't like it was suggestive or anything. Scars were always interesting and they often told a lot about who a person was and the kind of life they had lived.

"Aye... they're from the wars. fights I've won; fights I've lost... no one is invincible, but just like the forest after a flame, your body is pretty good at repairing itself." she smiled up at the youngster, still building a sandcastle as if she herself was a child.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Yu Jin

"No one at the Southern Air Temple has any scars like that," Yu Jin mentioned, taking a seat in the sand. Still watching Xilingshi, the young airbender began to shove sand together, making a castle for herself. "I don't think anyone there has done anything like you have."

Her castle was amateur, at best, but it was the first one that Yu Jin had ever made, before.

Condition: Winded

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Well, the Southern Air Temple managed to stay out of most of the battle," Xilingshi explained in honesty. "most of it happened at the Eastern and Western Air Temples, with a little bit of activity at the Northern temple as well. That's part of why there aren't as many Tekina-Kaze down there."

She watched the youngster start to put a sand castle together. She was still building one of her own, which was starting to turn into something of a citadel fortress. "So they are lucky because they managed to stay peaceful."
Sure, peaceful and passive did not make for very good storytelling, but Xili would rather have it than war and death. Most people would, of course.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Yu Jin

"Why there? Why not at the Southern Temple?" the young airbender questioned. Yu Jin wasn't disappointed, by any means - she was thankful - but she was curious. While the girl had never been to any of the other Temples, she couldn't imagine that there was anything there that was better than the one she'd come from.

If there was, she'd want to see it.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"The other ones were closer to the Fire Nation, which was the original source of the attack again. they were also against the Earth Kingdom, and since the Northern Air Temple has strong ties with them, they struck there too. the Southern Air Temple is more tucked away, and so they got off the hook a little better."

She began to fortify her little sand castle walls with more sand, turning her fortress even more impressive.
"and we can totally visit the other Air Temples too if you want." she smiled, still building castles in the sand like a little kid.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Yu Jin

"Why are the Fire Nation people such butts?" Yu Jin asked, making a face. Her own sand castle was less of a castle and more of a mound. It wasn't even a sand mountain; it was a sand hill. It left a lot to be desired.

Packing it down a bit tighter, the young airbender tried to fix it, shaping it here and forming it there.

Mood: Pouting

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"I think it mostly has to do with them having a lot of really bad leaders who are jerks." Xilingshi explained, saving her "colorful" descriptions for them for other times. She wouldn't be so vulgar in front of a child. However, her own Fire Nation heritage had her appreciate the culture of the place; just not most of its leadership in recent years.

"That's why I try to be a good leader." she nodded. "So the Tekina-Kaze don't become such butts."
Her own castle was starting to resemble a heavily fortified Eastern Air Temple. She scooted back a bit to give herself more room.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Yu Jin

Yu Jin nodded, "Good. I don't want you guys to be butts. Especially if I want to join someday." Then, trying to make a tower on her castle, "What about the Fire Nation now? Is the Firelord still a big butt?" The young airbender didn't know who was in charge... must have slept through that lesson.

When her castle crumpled, yet again, Yu Jin stretched her legs out, starting to pile sand over them, instead.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:12 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi chuckled. "I'll make sure to keep us being awesome. Especially if someone awesome like you joins us." she grinned.
"I don't know the new firelord very well... but we're not at war, so she isn't probably a very big butt like the others were..." she confessed.

She continued building her massive citadel, adding walls and battlements and towers and fortresses to it, making quite an extensive little keep.
She chuckled lightly at seeing the youngster pile sand over her little legs.
"You want any help?" she offered playfully.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:25 am

Yu Jin

"I'm fine," She assured the older airbender, "I'm gonna give myself a fish tail!" It had already begun to form, eating up most of her legs, to make the shape.

Then, in regards to the Firelord; "We should go and meet him. That way, we can see if he's a huge butt, or not! He can't say he won't see you; you're important, right?" Yu Jin really knew nothing about the Firelord (even her gender), or politics.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:51 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Watching her again for a moment, she noded with a chuckle. "Alright... let me know how that goes!"

she was continuing to build her massive fortress, some parts of which were already over two feet high. it was about 5 feet wide at its widest point as well, and at least 2 feet across. It was almost like a city-turned-fortress.

"heh. maybe we'll have to do that someday." she shrugged, not knowing how easy or not it would be. "Don't worry, 'Jin... I can promise you right now that we will have plenty of exciting adventures if you stick with me."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 am

Yu Jin

Yu Jin looked up at Xilingshi's tower with wide eyes. "Woah..! Yours is getting big! How'd you do that?" The younger girl was clearly impressed.

Then, laughing at the nickname, she grinned. "I'll hold you to that," She promises, "If I ever start to get bored, I might ask for my money back~!" A joke, of course.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:17 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi beamed, standing up and striking a pose, which might have looked sort of silly since she was in her underwear. "dedication and perseverance." she smiled, squatting before plopping back down to continue her work. "and a little patience."
Not necessarily an attempt at a lesson or anything. Xi was just too honest to deviate from the truth.

"well... then I guess I have a lot to live up to." she chuckled at the younger girl's joke. "guaranteed awesome adventure or your money back!" she promised.
Mood: Playful
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:28 am

Yu Jin

Once her fish fin was finished, Yu Jin laughed, gesturing to her legs. "Lookit! I'm the dreaded fish lady...!" Holding her hands up like scary claws and grimacing, the young airbender tried to look scary. She failed. Then, giggling, she leaped out of the sand, twirling and she rose with her bending.

"You'll do fine," She grins at Xilingshi, "I've never had an adventure, so you get to set the bar!"

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:52 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi laughed. the wide and often silly imaginations of children were always cute in her opinion, and so her laughs were not forced.
"you goofy kid!" she chuckled, her tone lighthearted to indicate that she was clearly meaning it playfully and nothing near disdainfully.

standing up again, she gave Yu Jin a friendly little hug, rubbing her back for a moment because she thought the little airbender was adorable.
"well then... I promise that you will enjoy it. and if we don't enjoy something, we'll move to a place where we do! how does that sound?"
She looked Yu jin in the eyes with a gentle smile on her face. Her smiles were rarely given to people, although children often had their ways of charming them onto her face.
Mood: Playful
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feet on the Ground (Open)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next