The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feet on the Ground (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xili certainly envied children for a few reasons. Other than usually being cute and adorable, they always had boundless energy, while adults were struggling to stay awake half the time. Xi could curl up on the ground where she stood and easily get away with a good couple of hours.

slowly pulling herself to her feet, she smiled. "My place's not far from here. I had set them out to cool a few moments ago."
It was a simple and homely little place, and, just as she had promised, there were a couple of fruit pies, nice and cool on the windowsill. Nodding towards them and at her, she smiled and said "Feel free to get comfortable."
Mood: Playful
Condition: Decent Enough
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

EXP : 2200

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Yu Jin

Rather than sitting, the young girl began to poke around the room, looking at what was displayed, rather than going through Xilingshi's belongings or anything. She knew that it wasn't an inn, so... "This is your house-house? Why do you live here, instead of at the temple?"

Yu Jin turned to look at Xilingshi, when she asked. She knew that the woman was telling her the truth about who she was - the airbending and airbender tattoos would attest to that - so she wasn't necessarily worried; just curious.

Mood: Hungry
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"It's one of my houses," she explained, "I've got a lot of money, so instead of buying one big house and becoming nobility, I have a lot of smaller houses across the globe. I'm still an Air Nomad... so I travel a lot." she explained. "but yeah. it's my house, so feel free to make yourself comfortable."

She smiled back down at the younger girl, before heading towards the pies to bring them to the table. "the Tekina-Kaze might fight, but other than that, most of us are as true and devoted Air nomads as the rest of them..."
Mood: Happy
Condition: Hungry
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:02 am

Yu Jin

"How do you become a Tekina-Kaze?" Yu Jin asked, moving to plop down into a seat at the table. Then, wrinkling her nose, she continues, "Is there an exam? I hate tests..." The young girl was imagining multiple choice and answer sheets...

The fruit pies looked delicious, though, so she was more than willing to stick around. Xilingshi was interesting, too; especially for an adult.

Mood: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:10 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi seerved up some of the pies, figuring they could eat while they talked. She didn't really care about manners too much either as long as other people were not total slobs who had half the food on their face.

"There is an exam, although mostly just exams of skill demonstrations and such, and to make sure that your airbending is up to par. We want people to be strong enough to defend themselves so they don't get hurt and such, you know?"
She would elaborate if the youngster asked more, as she liked this subject.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:31 am

Yu Jin

Picking up her fork, Yu Jin carved out an acceptably-sized bite of pie, shoving it into her mouth with a thoughtful look. Once she was done swallowing, she looked over at the older woman and asked, almost warily, "No written test..?" That was the one thing that the young girl hated, most of all. Aside from snakes.

She was slowly entertaining the thought of becoming part of the Tekina-Kaze, someday. While her skills weren't up to par yet, Yu Jin knew that she could do it, if she would be allowed.

Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:41 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Nope." Xilingshi chuckled. "there are a few things that get drilled into your head, most of it just traditional airbender discipline, but otherwise, it's about knowing how to defend yourself and the ones you loved."

smiling, she continued. "I created the group when I was 16, right after recieving my tattoos. It might be peacetimes right now, but we are always accepting new members and aspiring recruits. Maybe one day you'll join their ranks?" she said with a friendly smile, offering the invitation to the younger girl, but certainly not trying to pressure her or anything.
She ate as well, sort of taking large bites like Yu Jin, not really minding at all.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:13 am

Yu Jin

"I was just thinking that!" Yu Jin admitted cheerfully, cutting another slice of the pie, in preparation to eat it. She was sure that they'd have an age limit - most things did, when it came to fighting - but someday she'd be old enough.

Then, another question, "Do you have a training ground, or something?" Organizations usually had things like that, too.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xi smiled again, happy that the girl had taken interest. the Tekina-Kaze were fierce, and while Xilingshi had a high body count, what they generally tried to focus on was incapacitating their opponents instead of actually killing them, as if to serve to them as a reminder not to mess with the Air Temples--a lesson they could not learn if they were dead.

"You know how some kids 'grow up' faster than others?" she began, "The Tekina-Kaze doesn't have concrete age limits, although sometimes children can start as young as 8 or as late as 16. some even join as adults. we treat everyone equally. You... you could probably get into the training program at your age."
Yes, she was definitely a bit more mature than some kids she had seen of her age. Sure she had a few little quirks, but every kid did (and so did many adults.)
"We have training grounds as the Western, Northern, and Eastern Air Temples mostly." she explained, "since as you probably know, the Southern Air Temple retains most of the ancient traditions."

eating more of her pie, she watched to see how the girl would take this news.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:25 am

Yu Jin

"Whaaaaat?" Yu Jin gave a slight whine, "Everyone but the Southern Air Temple? Total discrimination." She wasn't serious, of course, but that was what it seemed like, to her.

Then, in a more serious manner, the young girl continued, "I'd like to see a bit more, before I got back to the Air Temple... I haven't seen anything, yet."

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:58 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi chuckled. "our training grounds in the south are a bit outside the temple and not as large... but they are there too. so not TOTAL discrimination." she gave a reassuring smile.

"Hey, I'm in no rush to ship you off." she smiled. "you want to see more of it now, or do you want another piece of pie?"
Xi was okay with either option, as it was not like she had some sinister plot to fatten up the girl and eat her or anything ridiculous like that. No, she just wanted to make sure that Yu Jin knew that Xilingshi, despite her slightly intimidating apperance and her grizzly scar on the side of her face that had never fully healed, that she was a kind and hospitable person.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:17 am

Yu Jin

"More, please!" She answered both cheerfully and immediately. Yu Jin quickly finished the last of her first piece, so that another would fit on her plate. "They're really good," the girl told her host, politely, once she had swallowed the last bite. The monks had taught her manners, after all.

Glancing over at Xilingshi, she smiled, "Thank you, by the way."

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's rare smile widened at the youngster's enthusiasm. Yes, it was hard to go wrong with fruit pies of course, but Yu Jin's enthusiasm for them charmed Xilingshi in ways she could not describe.

"Coming right up." She served her another piece, also getting one for herself.
"And you're welcome." she added, "It's good to see that they still teach manners at the temple."
as she ate, she decided to ask Yu Jin a few questions of her own.
"so... at the temple... what did you like to do on your spare time?"
It was just a curious question and Xi wouldn't push it if she didn't feel like answering it, but she was curious either way.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 am

Yu Jin

Yu Jin smiled and thanked her, when the second piece of pie was set in front of her. Then, answering the question, "We played scooter-ball a lot! And Pai Sho, sometimes." Those were the two most common games for the airbender children to play.

"Sometimes I went to help with the baby flying bison, too. I hope they let me choose one... They said that the population was growing nicely again."

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:24 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Accepting Yu Jin's gratitude, Xilingshi smiled and listened to the childhood games the young girl would play. It sounded about right.

"I've seen most of the bison herds in the Eastern Air Temple." she gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure that if we went there you could get yourself one."
She paused. "Besides... that's where I was born. I'm sure I could convince them if they didn't agree right off that bat." she winked playfully.

She had no flying bison of her own, but she was okay with the notion of taking Yu jin up to get one for herself if she so desired.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:38 am

Yu Jin

"Really?" Yu Jin brightened at the thought, "I'd love my very own flying bison!" The young girl swung her legs under the table, in tandem, getting excited at the very thought, "I'd name a girl bison Mai Lee, and a boy bison Tu Joo!" It seemed that she'd already been thinking about it.

Then, with a laugh, she mentions, "If I had a flying lemur, I'd be just like Avatar Aang, when he saved the world!" It was one of her favorite stories, after all.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Always one for helping others with little real concern for herself, Xilingshi's face brightened at Yu Jin's excitement.
"Well... mayeb we'll just have to arrange it then. I'm sure the monks wouldn't mind, since it would be on airbender business and all, and if I can protect an entire temple of benders with a little help, I could easy make sure you stayed safe. and I'm sure you would do well at staying out of trouble too! you'd prank anyone who tried to catch you!"

Sure it was something of a childlike attitude to have, but Xilingshi's soft spot was for children, and even that might warrior was just a big sweet teddy bear at the end of the day.

"Haha," she chuckled. "that you would. There are a lot of those around the Eastern and Western Air Temples. I think the North and South have them too though."

Finishing the pie, she smiled at the younger child. "So... ready to go exploring some more?" she offered. There was nothing unusual about Yu Jin that made Xilingshi do this. She was this amiable and friendly to everyone
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Yu Jin

Giving a squeal of joy, Yu Jin threw her hands up into the air, heedless of the fork still in her hand. "I'm gonna be like Avatar Aang!" Then, in way of explanation, she grins and mentions, "He's my hero."

The second slice of pie was practically inhaled, disappearing quickly. "Yeah! Let's go explore!" the young girl jumped up, using airbending to get her to her feet lightly. "What do you wanna see? The beach? The park?"

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi smiled at her. Surely she had seen the statues, since they were in every temple, but most prominently, the Southern Air Temple had the largest gallery of them.
"He is a good hero to have." she agreed, "a wise and powerful Avatar if the stories are all true."
Xilingshi did not know much about the current avatar other than that she was a wild and somewhat subversive woman from the Southern Water Tribe. With that sort of description, she was not sure she wanted to know more.

Stacking the dishes (and she would worry about them later), Xilingshi thought about it for a moment.
"I'm thinking the beach... a little something new... and then back to the park." she suggested. "does that sound good?"
She was already heading for the door, as either way, they would obviously be going outside.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:46 am

Yu Jin

Laughing, Yu Jin nodded, following the other airbender. "I wanna see everything!" She was a simple one to please, perhaps because, usually, no one asked her what she wanted, but rather made the decisions for her - she felt that way, at least.

"What else is there to do, here?" the young girl asked, now fully rejuvenated and raring to go.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:06 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Well then." the older woman laughed, "we'll try to see everything! we just need to know what order to see everything in!"
There was not a whole lot of sightseeing to do on the island other than educational stuff like read up on history or go to the museum, and assuming that she knew childrten, they generally skirted away from "educational" things when they could.

Then again, she had been wrong before.
"well./.. most of the stuff to do here involves just enjoying the nature around us, like the parks or the trees or the beach. it's not really a tourist attraction I don't think." she chuckled.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:18 am

Yu Jin

"Sounds great!" the young girl smiled brightly, "I mean, I want to see a busy marketplace, and a huge harbor with boats, and a zoo, and go to a festival, and see the Omashu mail-route slide... but all of that can wait."

Oh yes, she had a very extensive list of places to visit, before she would be permanently returning to the Southern Air Temple.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:20 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Omashu isn't too far from here." she replied with a smile. "and it's a big city that probably has all those things!"
She began walking to the beach. Her hot-air balloon (which she used as transportation with airbending) would easily fit another person if they wished to travel to a different locale. While Airbenders did still usually have parents, it was not uncommon for masters and novices to pair off and go places. After all--they were not called the Air Squatters. They were called the Air Nomads.

"in the meantime though... to the beach?"
For that was where she was leading the younger child. Even if they didn't get wet at all, it was still a nice place to go.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yu Jin
Yu Jin

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:00 am

Yu Jin

With a happy nod, Yu Jin answered, "Yeah, that sounds great! I'm gonna build a sandcastle, and go for a swim, and... What else do you do, at the beach?" The small girl glanced up at the older airbender, tilting her head to the side. Tanning certainly didn't appeal to her, so Yu Jin wasn't sure what else there was.

Still, even those two things would be a lot of fun!

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:05 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi liked both those ideas. Her scar on her cheek sometimes bled, but it was not often--usually only when she blushed or was furious did it break open again, so getting water in it was not painful.

"Well... to the beach then!" she chuckled, and before they knew it, there it was, with the sand all spread out before them, the waves lapping up at the edges, the sun peeking down at them from some clouds. She decided to watch and see what the younger girl did first and would react or respond accordingly.
Condition: Calm
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feet on the Ground (Open)   Feet on the Ground (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feet on the Ground (Open)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next